Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Press Conference today?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DCA Press Conference today?

    Hey Folks,
    I was listening to 9.55 a Rock Station in LA which is broadcasting live from DCA as we speak. The DJ was interviewing an Imagineer who was discussing today's events and those coming tommmorrow. The DJ tried to get a little juicy gossip out of the guy about what new rides to expect and the Imaginneer reminded me the big annoucement would be tommorrow but he did say this "Expect two new rides for DCA!"

    TWO? So we know Monster's Inc will be one but what is the other? Could he be referring to the reworked Tower of Terror planned for next year? Or is there another attraction none of us know about?







  • #2
    well there is that Incredibles eticket ride that is in the works but I dont think its ready to be announced yet. Are you sure he didnt say something like "Expect two new rides for the Disneyland AND Disney's California Adventure"? He could be talking about the Tower of Terror upgrade. Its probably nothing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ah schucks
      Hey Folks,
      I was listening to 9.55 a Rock Station in LA which is broadcasting live from DCA as we speak. The DJ was interviewing an Imagineer who was discussing today's events and those coming tommmorrow. The DJ tried to get a little juicy gossip out of the guy about what new rides to expect and the Imaginneer reminded me the big annoucement would be tommorrow but he did say this "Expect two new rides for DCA!"

      TWO? So we know Monster's Inc will be one but what is the other? Could he be referring to the reworked Tower of Terror planned for next year? Or is there another attraction none of us know about?
      I always hope for a new surprise that I don't already know about!!
      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
        well there is that Incredibles eticket ride that is in the works but I dont think its ready to be announced yet. Are you sure he didnt say something like "Expect two new rides for the Disneyland AND Disney's California Adventure"? He could be talking about the Tower of Terror upgrade. Its probably nothing.
        No the imagineer who I could have sworn was the head of the department was very very very specific about saying two new rides for Disney's California Adventure, because they were discussing DCA at the time.






        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ah schucks
          Hey Folks,
          "Expect two new rides for DCA!"
          Two rides for the resort. Nemo subs and Monsters.

          Comment


          • #6
            Wouldn't be surprised if it was Monsters Inc. and Turtle Talk with Crush

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by grvtydefy
              Wouldn't be surprised if it was Monsters Inc. and Turtle Talk with Crush
              DING, DING, DING....... We have a winner.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by grvtydefy
                Wouldn't be surprised if it was Monsters Inc. and Turtle Talk with Crush
                yep that's pretty much gotta be it for DCA this summer

                the new Eticket would need to be announced after Monsters Inc is opend and Tower is reprogrammed

                I've only heard two possibilities for Etickets at DCA, an Increadibles ride and a Cars ride that uses the Test Track ride system
                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey don't shoot the messanger folks, I am just pointing out that he said Two...New...Rides! I don't know if I would considered the Turtle Talk a new ride or the reprogrammed ToT.






                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The other one is Mission:Chalupa. A wild tortilla themed magic carpet simulator ride to replace the factory.
                    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

                    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                      The other one is Mission:Chalupa. A wild tortilla themed magic carpet simulator ride to replace the factory.
                      LOL!! as long as they still give free tortillas!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                        The other one is Mission:Chalupa. A wild tortilla themed magic carpet simulator ride to replace the factory.
                        I'd pay extra to ride that !
                        DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
                        DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                        DLR Tokyo - 2005
                        DLR Paris - 2011
                        DLR Hong Kong -2011
                        DLR Beijing -TBA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ah schucks
                          Hey don't shoot the messanger folks, I am just pointing out that he said Two...New...Rides! I don't know if I would considered the Turtle Talk a new ride or the reprogrammed ToT.
                          ToT isn't one but I think Turtle Talk might be considered one

                          unless they're going to announce adding in something like Barnstormer to the farm :B http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=1041

                          yeah I'm dreamin

                          Monsters Inc is a deffinate though


                          I'd expect ToT and maybe Rock IT Mountain to be announced durring the second half of the 50th
                          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jspider
                            Rock IT Mountain
                            More info please ? *drool*
                            DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
                            DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                            DLR Tokyo - 2005
                            DLR Paris - 2011
                            DLR Hong Kong -2011
                            DLR Beijing -TBA

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lashbear
                              More info please ? *drool*
                              Space Mt. with different music and lighting after dark.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                HOLY CRAP LOIS!

                                If this does happen, Disney would have pulled one over Al, Jim, Kevin, and ALL of us! I can't wait!
                                ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  its not the lighting thats different I think its an entirely different special effects set. So for example during the day you may fly by comets and then if you ride it at night you flyby a Supernova or something.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    DCA Press Conference today?

                                    I know there was supposed to be a big press conference (okay, not as big as yesterday) at DCA today where they announce some new rides. Anyone know what time that is? Just wondering when I should start refreshing like crazy.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      i thought that in an earlier column someone said that it was suppose to be at 8... and they would announce the Monsters Inc. ride name and such... and there was something about how it is a REALLY long or rediculas title...
                                      -Miss Wendy Lynn

                                      The second star to the right
                                      Shines in the night for you
                                      To tell you that the dreams you plan
                                      Really can come true

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        They announced it at mouseplanet. http://www./more/mm050504as.htm
                                        Monsters, Inc.: Mike And Sully To The Rescue is the name of the ride!
                                        Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
                                        Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X