This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why no Beignets in NOS?

I've never jad real ones from new orleans, btu the beignets at the jazz kitchen were pretty tasty when they are still hot/warm...once they cool they are not to good.

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
      I would be cool to have a Cafe Du Monde in NOS. With their official coffee and beignets.
      I couldn't agree more. Even if they had to charge much higher than their normal (so cheap I don't think I'll even mention it here) original NOLA location prices.

FYI...last time I was in the goth shop or whatever the old One-Of-A-Kind shop became...they were still selling Cafe du Monde brand beignet mix (and I think chicory coffee too) there to take home. But even using their own mix...nothing's ever as good as the real thing made by them. IMHO.

Comment

In January, Vic and I will be visiting New Orleans. We'll stop at Cafe Du Monde and have a beignet and some chickory-laced coffee and think of you all.
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
          I would be cool to have a Cafe Du Monde in NOS. With their official coffee and beignets.
          I agree, that would be cool. Unfortunatly the family says they will never franchise and will never open a location outside of the New Orleans area.

Comment

Real beignets were once sold from the Mint Julep Bar (this was the mid-90s). They now serve fritters. The Royal Street Veranda has always sold fritters (never beignets).

The Cafe, since its 2006 rehab, has sold the Mickey beignets, pictured in the posts above.
            Kevin Yee
            MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
            Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
            Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
            Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
            Mouse Trap
            Tokyo Disney Made Easy
            101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
            Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

I visited New Orleans a few months ago and the beignets at Cafe Du Monde were not good at all. I'd much rather have a churro.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                Real beignets were once sold from the Mint Julep Bar (this was the mid-90s). They now serve fritters. The Royal Street Veranda has always sold fritters (never beignets).

The Cafe, since its 2006 rehab, has sold the Mickey beignets, pictured in the posts above.
                Thanks, Kevin!

Was wondering if & when you'll chime in on this thread.. :-) since Cafe Orlean's your
                old "stomping" ground. :-)

I don't remember the ones at the Mint Julep Bar as being Mickey shaped; but
                I'm pretty fuzzy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by nish221 View Post
                  Thanks, Kevin!

Was wondering if & when you'll chime in on this thread.. :-) since Cafe Orlean's your
                  old "stomping" ground. :-)

I don't remember the ones at the Mint Julep Bar as being Mickey shaped; but
                  I'm pretty fuzzy about that.
                  The ones at MJB weren't Mickey shaped... they were puffy rectangles. Take a Tic-Tac box and pretend it's dough, and over-inflate it by pumping in air, and you have an idea of the size and shape of the thing back then. You'd get 3 or 4 or 7 (I don't remember) per serving. I think it was four.
                  Kevin Yee
                  MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                  Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                  Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                  Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                  Mouse Trap
                  Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                  101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                  Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

I've only tasted the Mickey ones at Cafe Orleans, and they were hot, crispy (but not too crispy) and soft and fluffy on the inside--with the fruit and vanilla sauce they were to die for! The monte cristo and the pomme frittes were also very good.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X