Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's happening, extra security at the park today?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's happening, extra security at the park today?

    A friend of mine went to the park this morning and called me on her cell phone to say that there were police in line to enter the structure with the guests, sleek black suburbans blocking certain entrances, etc, black tarps over things, very secretive. Parking garage personel said they couldn't comment, but that it was safe to enter. Any idea what is going on at D-land park today? Is it a security threat or a celebrity visit? Does any one know anything?

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

    A few of the parking structure toll booths have been robbed in the past few days, which is probably why you see the police there.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

      On Saturday there were security signs saying there was more security that day at the Parking Structure but the only thing I saw was one police car and that was it.
      -Jack :geek:
      Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

        If I were the City of Anaheim and my "Meal Ticket" was becoming threatened in the robbery area (2 in the past few weeks) I'd have a large, visable police presense there before you could say, "To all who come to this happy place...."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

          Originally posted by exdisney2x View Post
          A friend of mine went to the park this morning and called me on her cell phone to say that there were police in line to enter the structure with the guests, sleek black suburbans blocking certain entrances, etc, black tarps over things, very secretive. Parking garage personel said they couldn't comment, but that it was safe to enter. Any idea what is going on at D-land park today? Is it a security threat or a celebrity visit? Does any one know anything?

          Thanks.
          If it was just the parking garage, most likely they are fitting it with new security to help prevent future robberies.
          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

            The parking garage now has a policeman outside every working booth and a huge tower parked there as well. Apparently armed policeman will now be present in the parks according to a CM yesterday.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

              We noticed this Saturday Night when parking.........and we even saw one car getting searched with a flash light.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                Very interesting news...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                  Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                  The parking garage now has a policeman outside every working booth and a huge tower parked there as well. Apparently armed policeman will now be present in the parks according to a CM yesterday.
                  I forgot about that tower. I just thought it was for the weekend. Didn't think about the robberies until today.
                  -Jack :geek:
                  Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                    DisneylandDaddy posted in another thread that he saw Leonardo DiCaprio and a camera man at the parking structure on Sat. night, so perhaps they are filming something more today.
                    A signature should go here.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                      Originally posted by Angelica Gracey View Post
                      Very interesting news...
                      I said to my wife, "Shoot! Look - flashlights! They're searching cars and we have this luggage for the hospital in here. They're going to want to go through it I just bet."

                      Luckily, I guess we looked like 'good eggs' and they didn't search.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                        Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                        DisneylandDaddy posted in another thread that he saw Leonardo DiCaprio and a camera man at the parking structure on Sat. night, so perhaps they are filming something more today.
                        And, what do you think they might be filming? I had no idea...so I just wondered if you knew of any of DiCaprio's current 'in the works'.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                          I heard the CM's are getting robbed IN THE PARK!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                            Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                            I heard the CM's are getting robbed IN THE PARK!
                            Where?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                              I haven't a clue what they are up to, but it seems to fit together. Dunno. Perhaps a friendly CM will be able to tell us more later.
                              A signature should go here.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                                Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                                I haven't a clue what they are up to, but it seems to fit together. Dunno. Perhaps a friendly CM will be able to tell us more later.

                                Oh friendly CM!.....where are you! Please fill us in................oh friendly CM............

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                                  Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                                  I heard the CM's are getting robbed IN THE PARK!
                                  Umm? Not recently...

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                                    I realize they don't want to look like a police state, but for once can we have proactive security instead of reactive? Couple parking attendents get robbed and NOW they have cops out there. It has been known that DLR was on the terrorist hit list a few years ago yet you didn't see much get done. But they hit the parking garage and BAM! Cops all over the place. I hope when they eventually relax that we will still see some of prescense onsite. DLR is too important to Orange County and Anaheim to let people get scared into not coming.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                                      The police presence makes me feel safer. I don't see it as Disneyland being over reactive, but trying to prevent future attacks from happening.
                                      Foolish Mortal
                                      sigpic

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: What's happening, extra security at the park today?

                                        Originally posted by doombuggy driver View Post
                                        The police presence makes me feel safer. I don't see it as Disneyland being over reactive, but trying to prevent future attacks from happening.

                                        I fully agree.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X