X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krystledm
    replied
    Re: STAR WARS in Disneyland?

well, it's stale as is but with the 30th and the little text at the bottom of the screen, i think we might be seeing some changes next year

Leave a comment:

• Opus1guy
    replied

No problem with Star Wars in Disneyland myself. But I have to say I get the distinct impression that it's rapidly becoming a bit of a stale franchise for the Park. I think they really need to do something more and dramatic with it...or consider Star Tours as "Space Available For A Future Attraction" real estate.

Leave a comment:

• krystledm
    replied

Originally posted by Janie View Post
    No, it's not really a bad movie overall, and some of the animation work is really impressive. It was just a stylistic misfit. Blending 17th Century British seafaring elements with space opera/Buck Rogers-type elements didn't work as well as was hoped. And some of the characters were maybe a little predictable or bland. But it's an interesting diversion for an afternoon. Not really a bad film at all.
    i personally loved the movie, one of my faves! but if i had to choose, muppet treasure island was the better, lol

Leave a comment:

• elly
    replied

and now they are trying to put it back together again.
    at least they're trying...personally i see the current changes to tomorrowland as a breath of fresh air after the butchering of it in the last decade

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Who's scruffy looking?

Leave a comment:

• Janie
    replied

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this... but regarding the original post, what do you mean you saw Star Wars 17 in the theater? Has Star Wars 17 even come out yet?

:lmao:
    I think he meant that he saw Star Wars 17 times in the theater.

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

I have a bad feeling about this... but regarding the original post, what do you mean you saw Star Wars 17 in the theater? Has Star Wars 17 even come out yet?

:lmao:

Leave a comment:

• Janie
    replied

Originally posted by robotpirates View Post
    I still haven't seen that movie. Is it really that bad? lol.
    No, it's not really a bad movie overall, and some of the animation work is really impressive. It was just a stylistic misfit. Blending 17th Century British seafaring elements with space opera/Buck Rogers-type elements didn't work as well as was hoped. And some of the characters were maybe a little predictable or bland. But it's an interesting diversion for an afternoon. Not really a bad film at all.

Leave a comment:

• Doofy
    replied

I don't think there is a place that Star Wars doesn't belong. In my teen years Star Wars was what I looked forward to in Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• BigThunder
    replied

Does Star Wars belong in Disneyland? Sure. Why not. Too late to turn back now... We're caught in some sort of tractor beam...

By the way... That's no moon, it's a space station.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by DarthBrian View Post
    And we're both right. Get used to it.

Ok. HAHAH

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

Originally posted by robotpirates View Post
    I'll let you know when I finish it.....I started it about three years ago. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• DarthBrian
    replied

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Ha ha ha ...so George says it belongs in Disneyland, so it does? I have a friend who believes the same thing.
    And we're both right. Get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Wowza. At least they're good movies with a huge following. I don't want to see a Treasure Planet attraction at Disneyland just because it's a Disney movie. :blink:
    Well, it's cool. I mean, it was just a topic to discuss. I saw Treasure Planet - thought it was a 'fun' movie, but an attraction might not be a good idea - agreed.

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I don't want to see a Treasure Planet attraction at Disneyland just because it's a Disney movie. :blink:

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

I just feel that if it doesn't have a 'Disney tie' it doesn't belong - you know?
    Wowza. At least they're good movies with a huge following. I don't want to see a Treasure Planet attraction at Disneyland just because it's a Disney movie. :blink:

Leave a comment:

• hollywood1939
    replied

Well with ToT, Disney has a contract with CBS for something like 30 years so they can use the Twilight Zone theme.

Leave a comment:

• ladyalmalthea
    replied

My question, however is : "Does Star Wars 'stuff' really belong in Disneyland?"
    Yoda in Mickey ears? Precious

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by DarthBrian View Post
    It was George's idea, I believe. So yeah, I think it belongs in Disneyland.

Same with Indy.
    Ha ha ha ...so George says it belongs in Disneyland, so it does? I have a friend who believes the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• DarthBrian
    replied

It was George's idea, I believe. So yeah, I think it belongs in Disneyland.

Same with Indy.

Roger Rabbit and Nightmare Before Christmas are Touchstone movies which is owned by Disney so they definitely belong in Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X