This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But What Was Different?

Last year I visited Disneyland during what I refer to as - Anniversary week. I was there on July 17, 2005. I have my gold mouse ears, I ate my anniversary cupcakes. It was a magical day, and a very special week. It was also my first visit to Disneyland.

This year I returned and the 50th decorations were still up. I returned with my grandson, who wasn't able to make the trip the year before. My visit this year was a lot of fun, and included it's own little bit of magic.

But What Was Different?

It was the signifigance of the day. We were there to celebrate what Walt Disney had started 50 years before. 50 years is a long time. The fact that Disneyland is still standing is amazing in, and of itself. The day was full of ceremony, and special events. You could feel the "pounding of the hearts" of the excited guests. Excitement was in the air. Cast members greeted the guests. They were waving, smiling, and wishing everyone "welcome home". It was a day, I won't ever forget. The feeling stays with you deep in your heart.

So although this year's trip was great, it has to pale by comparison. However, there were many moments on this trip, that made me recall things from last year. You can't bring back those moments, exactly. You can remember them. If you are smart, you savor them when they happen. You may never know, when you may find yourself smack dab in the middle of a "very special Disneyland Day". Have the joy in your heart to recognize it, and remember it forever.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: But What Was Different?

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
    So although this year's trip was great, it has to pale by comparison. However, there were many moments on this trip, that made me recall things from last year. You can't bring back those moments, exactly. You can remember them. If you are smart, you savor them when they happen. You may never know, when you may find yourself smack dab in the middle of a "very special Disneyland Day". Have the joy in your heart to recognize it, and remember it forever.
    Very well said.
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X