This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream at Redd Rocketts

I liked the pin. I think it's too early to predict that it's only for bigger groups too by the way. It's only been a couple of days and I can really see the meal thing happening to anybody (big group or single). Looks pretty random to me.
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
      Okay. Great and fun little deal Disneyland did for your family. Super. Hats off. Really.

But jeez...doesn't anyone else find the fact that they didn't pick up the few dollars at their cost of a few hunks of dough and some soda...just a little bit...I don't know...chintzy...for a "dream" surprise?

This reminds me of the big ticket auction Disney recently had on their eBay site that went for several thousands of dollars that included several "not available to the public" elements, and one of the things the winners got was a tour of Club 33. They didn't even get to eat there...paid or comp! They just got to see it. I thought that was practically cruel. And very cheap of them.

This "Dream" sorta reminds me of that. "Wow...here's a dream come true for you...sit down and we'll bring your food to you! Now...may we have your credit card, please?"

I would give this one an overall IMHO.
      I think it is nice that some prizes are "moments" and do not have a cash value. If you get offered something you don't want - I'm sure you can say "No thank you" and they'll give it to someone else.
      sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
        I'm trying to. I was just really disappointed to see so much of the dreams stuff on Sunday, it kind of bummed me out.
        Make your own magic in life.............start thinking positive.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
          Make your own magic in life.............start thinking positive.
          I like you. I just said this to hollywood1939, if Im there and am given something, its a huge bonus (who doesnt like "stuff"), if not, then oh well....Im still at the place I love having a normal day as if this promotion wasnt even going on.
          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I'm trying to. I was just really disappointed to see so much of the dreams stuff on Sunday, it kind of bummed me out.
            Perhaps we should create our own Dream Didn't Come True buttons? From a post I made yesterday in the Walt Disney World forum on this same subject:

Originally posted by Opus1guy
            This "Year of a Million Dreams" thing makes me think of all the adults and kids that may be disappointed when they don't get a dream handed to them (let's face it...it's not the Guest's dreams that Disney is fulfilling anyway...it's a pre-selected doohickey of Disney's choice) or their dream fulfilled.

It kinda reminds me of back when Disneyland was doing one of their "Gift-Giver Extraordinare" marketing events where hundreds of gifts were given out every day at the Park. All the lucky folks that won got to walk around with their cool "I'm A Winner!" buttons that Disney gave them along with their gifts.

So some enterprising trouble-maker produced an exact knock-off of that button, except his said, "I'm A Loser!" He handed them out by the thousands and it was really, really funny to see all these park Guests walking around with these knock-off Mickey marketing buttons advertising how many people didn't win.

Something tells me Disney Marketing didn't think it was as funny as everyone else did.

Perhaps this time someone should produce a button that says..."I Must Have Woken Up...Because My Dream Didn't Come True!"

Or perhaps much simpler: "Dream On."

Comment

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
              I think it is nice that some prizes are "moments" and do not have a cash value. If you get offered something you don't want - I'm sure you can say "No thank you" and they'll give it to someone else.

Really? You don't think it is tacky for them to offer you a 'Dream' only to find out you're paying for it? That is the very definition of insanity... That's no dream..

Sure, it's a 'Moment' but how much would it have cost DLR to just pay for the meal? THAT would have been class.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                Really? You don't think it is tacky for them to offer you a 'Dream' only to find out you're paying for it? That is the very definition of insanity... That's no dream..

Sure, it's a 'Moment' but how much would it have cost DLR to just pay for the meal? THAT would have been class.
                Wowaweewa.

I agree that they should've picked up the tab. It is a "prize" anyhow.

But it sort of makes sense that you have to pay for it yourself. What if you had already eaten and didn't want to accept the offer? You'd beat yourself over the head for turning down a paid meal. But since it's not a paid meal, eh, no biggie. Give it to someone else.

Of course, where the pins and buttons go at that point are beyond me.

Comment

Don't forget there are many other dreams that have a cash value - and some quite substantial. So - Disney has set out a budget - and made a prize plan based on that budget. Now they have added more things that won't increase the budget but still make guests feel special. I really do think that giving our "momments" is something that can be added to the whole campaign and not impact the budget - it makes it that much bigger and more people can be positively impacted.

If they paid for the meal - many would have complained that it was ONLY the pizza port. For some it seems DL can not do enough. And for some - whatever Disney does in this campaign won't top six flags park party (although for the life of me I can't figure that one out).

Why not take this "moment" for what it was worth - a chance for a nice place to sit and to get some special attention - and that's nice.
                  sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Yeah, I agree. If they plan out all the prizes, but add extra "moments" like this, where Castmembers can take an otherwise mundane experience and make it feel special, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                      Yeah, I agree. If they plan out all the prizes, but add extra "moments" like this, where Castmembers can take an otherwise mundane experience and make it feel special, why not?
                      Agree with you and minnietoo.

You guys sum it up nicely.

Comment

Sounds really cool but I'm still bummed this dreams thing will only happen to families.
                        I know of three people who have won who were not with "families". 2 were teen girls together coming off the Matterhorn and one was an adult male walking thru the castle by himself. I like that they are using the randomness they are.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by minnietoo
                          I think it is nice that some prizes are "moments" and do not have a cash value.

Exactly. And even if it is a "Moment" and not a "Dream" (whatever the heck that kind of distinction is supposed to be, and be understood by the public)...they are still giving out the buttons and pins with them. And those have a monetary value to them too. So what's the difference between this random Cast-Empowered type "Moment" and some sort of machine generated "Dream" again?

I guess I just don't get it. And I don't think a lot of the public will get the distinction between a "Moment" and a "Dream" prize either. They'll just sit there and the conversation will go something like this?

Guest: Ah...well...this is nice. But you mean we still have to pay?

Cast: Yes sir. You see...you're just having a "Moment"...not a "Dream." But here's your "My Dream Came True" button we'd like you to wear, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
                            I like you. I just said this to hollywood1939, if Im there and am given something, its a huge bonus (who doesnt like "stuff"), if not, then oh well....Im still at the place I love having a normal day as if this promotion wasnt even going on.
                            I agree! I actually enjoy watching someone else win. I am glad to see some other "moments" besides the cash valued ones being given out. I know 2 teenage girls who were walking off Matterhorn yesterday who were among the 50 given fastpasses. They weren't part of a family. They were just off running around. They were in the right spot at the right moment when the "Dream Squad" arrived. A 48 yo male I know was alone when he walked thru the castle and ended up being amoung about 25 (he thinks) given the ears. (Was hoping to talk him out of them, but his daughter wants them!) So, it's not about teen bashing, its about being in the right spot at the right time. I am glad to see it is random, and I am glad to see that on occasion a CM may pick someone just because they look like a nice group. I am glad some family was made to feel special. It is so much fun for me to watch people when they get something unexpected, from giving someone a few fastpasses, giving an extra ticket to the park, or even just making a little extra room in a good spot for the fireworks. I can't wait to see someone win a big prize down there. There are a couple I would like, but to be honest, it really is no big deal. BUT, I would love to watch someone get the overnight stay in Mickey's Penthouse!!!
                            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Dreams are adminstered by the Dream Squad, and tie into the larger promotion. They usually have a cash value, often small, sometimes big. (I can only think of two exceptions to the cash rule: Golden Fastpasses and priority seating as with Sadako's experience, and in both cases, the prize wasn't tied to a specific location.)

Moments are administered by CMs at particular locations, and are related to that location. They can't have a cash value, other than the little gimme handouts like buttons and pin packs that are being passed out like candy, otherwise they'd fall under the purview of the sweepstakes, so legally, it would have to go into the Dream Squad computer.

At least, that's how I'm figuring it. I haven't seen any official distinction between the two, but it seems pretty apparent to me.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

I totally hear what you're saying, and I don't want you to think I am in the camp where nothing is ever good enough. I don't feel that way at all, I just think 'In for a penny, in for a pound." I can't imagine how awkward all this good service may have been, yet still a bill materializes... Oh well, I guess it's the thought that counts.

Comment

I think someone with button making capabilities should make buttons that say my dream didn't come true or something to that effect it'd be hilarious!

Comment

I think it's cool no matter how big or small. It's the little suprises that make life better.

Comment

It annoys me that they still made you pay for the meal...

Comment

Sounds really cool but I'm still bummed this dreams thing will only happen to families.

that's not always true. at coke corner, the first magic moment awarded was to 2 teenage girls. they seemed really excited!

and it really is more of an atmospherre thing. the idea of the magic moments is to give the guests an awesome expierence that they can take home with them. it's something we've been doing for a while, it's just been extended park wide with each location and line of business doing their own special thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fantoongal View Post
                                          that's not always true. at coke corner, the first magic moment awarded was to 2 teenage girls. they seemed really excited!

and it really is more of an atmospherre thing. the idea of the magic moments is to give the guests an awesome expierence that they can take home with them. it's something we've been doing for a while, it's just been extended park wide with each location and line of business doing their own special thing.
                                          I think its awesome. I hope it keeps up. So many of us love seeing the excitement when someone gets something special. I bet the people getting to award these dreams and moments are having a great time. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who knows about teens who have won something. Its only been 3 days, so I am sure other teens will win in upcoming days.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X