This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream at Redd Rocketts

I understand that it would have been much nicer... and classier... for Disney to pick up the tab. Somehow being told your dream just came true while being handed a bill is a little tacky.

But

Any little ol' special experience I can get at Disneyland, I'll take.

Last year, Vic and I were taking a break in Frontierland when a custodial cast member asked a group of us if we'd like to do a little Disneyland Trivia game. He asked questions and gave out cheap candy suckers (which, I suspect he paid for out of his own pocket!) and paper "Disneyland Citizen" stickers to whomever got the correct answers. Vic got a sticker. We were happy and the CM got a nice compliment at Town Hall.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I understand the thing about monetary value and all that, but I still think it's tacky to do a "dream" thing and still make them pay. I mean, I get why they have to, but given the overall oddity of the promotion, it can't help looking bad.

DISNEY: WHY AREN'T YOU PARTNERING WITH A CAR COMPANY AND GIVING AWAY VEHICLES???? THAT'D MAKE MY DREAM COME TRUE! (And help offset the cost of the promotion by getting another company to foot the bill for some of it!)

The Prize Machine just seemed so much cooler than this.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
        It just seems like the fastpasses and the ears and other things will only go to kids or families. And yeah that makes sense it just makes me feel left out as my only family is my mom so we're not a big group when she goes. I usually go with my friends and we're all teens, I doubt they'd give teens anything we have such a bad rep.
        Lanyards with pins were handed out to the first twenty or so people that exited Soarin' this afternoon. No attention was paid to how old they were, or what family they belonged to. My girlfriend and I both got one.
        Retro Disneyland attraction posters - kevitivity.com

Comment

Their heart was in the right place, but the restaurant should have paid for the bill.

Want to "wow" me.

Do something similar to what nice restaurants do at times and have a chef's table or something similar. Where the chef and crew of the restaurant make a personal meal in front of you in the kitchen or other special place. Sort of like a personal tasting menu. You get to watch them and they get to personally cater to you and you get to interact with them as well.

Somehow I don't think that would be so cool at Redd Rocket's, but at some place like the Blue Bayou, Club 33, Storytellers, Napa Rose, or any place that's halfway decent with sit down seating would be cool.

You wouldn't have to pay for the meal too....that's something UNEXPECTED.

Just for another point on all this, they have a "moment" as I've been told in meetings in some stores on Main Street and possible elsewhere(they are still fleshing this idea out so it's not totally official and BEWARE, you CANNOT request this at all) where a stores CM will be assigned a duty to be a personal shopper for a guest. They hold your items, get you whatever in the store and be of total assistance to you.

But that's it..... they don't help you get to the front of the line, get you the stuff for free, etc.

It seems all nice and all, but in the end it just doesn't work out right. Besides, going a bit out of your way to help someone or make it magical to eat should be something inherent, not part of the promotion....but that's another story.

Bye.

Comment

Should have been free.

Who dreams about getting table service? Free food for entire family at Disneyland, now thats a dream come true for your wallet.

Comment

OK, the Dream giveaway is mostly on the cheapie side (monetarily). Still, it looks like they are trying to come up with different ideas of how to serve people and make their visits a little more special. It would kind of nice if EVERYONE walking into the park would get a little gift/surprise but that would be nigh impossible. And would it be so special after all? Nope.

Last October they did give away a car a day. Honda Civic Hybrid, I believe. This year we have Halloween and EVERYONE can enjoy that.

I just hope that the Dream Patrol or Dream Team don't start getting mobbed on sight by a bunch of people looking to score free swag. Now THAT would be a nightmare!
              How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
              :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                Perhaps we should create our own Dream Didn't Come True buttons? From a post I made yesterday in the Walt Disney World forum on this same subject:
                Could not resist!

Comment

Originally posted by pveticket View Post
                  It annoys me that they still made you pay for the meal...
                  [quote=Tom Chaney;992331]I understand that it would have been much nicer... and classier... for Disney to pick up the tab. Somehow being told your dream just came true while being handed a bill is a little tacky. /quote]

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
                  I understand the thing about monetary value and all that, but I still think it's tacky to do a "dream" thing and still make them pay. I mean, I get why they have to, but given the overall oddity of the promotion, it can't help looking bad.
                  Originally posted by gumby View Post
                  Their heart was in the right place, but the restaurant should have paid for the bill. Want to "wow" me. Do something similar to what nice restaurants do at times and have a chef's table or something similar. Where the chef and crew of the restaurant make a personal meal in front of you in the kitchen or other special place. Sort of like a personal tasting menu. You get to watch them and they get to personally cater to you and you get to interact with them as well. omehow I don't think that would be so cool at Redd Rocket's, but at some place like the Blue Bayou, Club 33, Storytellers, Napa Rose, or any place that's halfway decent with sit down seating would be cool.
                  You wouldn't have to pay for the meal too....that's something UNEXPECTED. Just for another point on all this, they have a "moment" as I've been told in meetings in some stores on Main Street and possible elsewhere(they are still fleshing this idea out so it's not totally official and BEWARE, you CANNOT request this at all) where a stores CM will be assigned a duty to be a personal shopper for a guest. They hold your items, get you whatever in the store and be of total assistance to you.

But that's it..... they don't help you get to the front of the line, get you the stuff for free, etc.

It seems all nice and all, but in the end it just doesn't work out right. Besides, going a bit out of your way to help someone or make it magical to eat should be something inherent, not part of the promotion....but that's another story. Bye.
                  Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
                  Should have been free. Who dreams about getting table service? Free food for entire family at Disneyland, now thats a dream come true for your wallet.
                  This is sad - everything given out isn't of monetary value. It is sad that one special moment isn't good enough for many. I'm sure if you get offered something like this - you can decline. Then you won't have to be so dissappointed that you had to pay for a meal you were planning to pay for anyway.

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
                  OK, the Dream giveaway is mostly on the cheapie side (monetarily).

I just hope that the Dream Patrol or Dream Team don't start getting mobbed on sight by a bunch of people looking to score free swag. Now THAT would be a nightmare!
                  The dream prizes include some pretty incredible (and costly prizes) - everyone cannot win these. By giving out a lot of small stuff - and special treatement - many people can expereince something. Why isn't this good enough for some?

The dream squad is getting hunted down and people hang around them a lot just talking and (I am guessing) hoping to get awarded a prize. Its kind of fun to watch.
                  sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
                    This is sad - everything given out isn't of monetary value. It is sad that one special moment isn't good enough for many. I'm sure if you get offered something like this - you can decline. Then you won't have to be so dissappointed that you had to pay for a meal you were planning to pay for anyway.
                    I totally agree! You start to enter and get asked "Are you planning on eating here today? How would you like to be served?" You get to seat the kids and chat while people serve you. The kids get to feel like royalty. It makes their day a little special to have this table specially set for them, get to be served, etc... Its really too bad people can't enjoy the little things as well as the big items.

The dream prizes include some pretty incredible (and costly prizes) - everyone cannot win these. By giving out a lot of small stuff - and special treatement - many people can expereince something. Why isn't this good enough for some?

The dream squad is getting hunted down and people hang around them a lot just talking and (I am guessing) hoping to get awarded a prize. Its kind of fun to watch.
                    I know. We've heard from people hear who chatted with them and didn't win anything, then complained. The idea is to sort of surprise people.

For me, this is a neat idea. True, not everyone will get the 2 weeks vacation, visiting every Disney park, and only 1 person a day will win the Mickey's Penthouse night (I would probably turn this one down) but this is giving a lot of people the ability to win something, even if it is just being served lunch at Pizza Port.
                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

[/quote]This is sad - everything given out isn't of monetary value. It is sad that one special moment isn't good enough for many. I'm sure if you get offered something like this - you can decline. Then you won't have to be so dissappointed that you had to pay for a meal you were planning to pay for anyway.
                      [/quote]

Yes I think it's neat that they are trying to include more people in this, as they can't give EVERYONE a HUGE prize worth money. I think being picked out a crowd for something out of the norm is great. And if you were planning on paying for the meal anyway - what's the big deal? Yeah - it'd be nice not to have to, but golly - you were going to do it anyway. It's not like they came to you while getting off Indiana Jones said - "Hey! We have a dream for you! Why don't you come w/ us over to Redd Rocketts and have a special sit down table service lunch! It's a dream come true right!!! Oh. but by the way you have to pay for this meal you weren't planning on having." That would be stupid. Enjoy this. Have fun with it!

Comment

I really like the pin, I'm hoping if I don't get a "dream" come true maybe eBay will help.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
                          Besides, going a bit out of your way to help someone or make it magical to eat should be something inherent, not part of the promotion....but that's another story.
                          Aaaaand there's my beef with this aspect of the promotion: they're mostly taking stuff that good CMs do anyway and mandating it. I feel like it takes just a little bit of the fun out of things that I normally do anyway if I'm told I have to do it three times an hour and it's now an official Magical Moment.

BUT! Not all CMs are good CMs. Sad but true. I think that by encouraging and even codifying extra-magical interactions, they'll create CMs who will do such special things without extra encouragement or incentive.

If the CMs stick around long enough. But that's another story altogether.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

I dont think anyone cleared this up but, alll "big" Prizes of actually Value are completely Randomized. These are given out to by the dreamsquad. However, all business units have been brainstorming on how to create other extra moments that our not neccessarily Random at all. Such as this one. Every Area is given a set amount of these Pins to give out a day and it is up to the Cast Member to give it to whoever they feel like. SO you might want to star being nice to cast members.

One benifit of this is that there are several Ideas that lower end cast members have been wanting to do to create a better guest expieirence and now they are able to do it with a little budget and proper management encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
                              If youve been reading some of the other dreams that have been experienced (such as sadokos where they got to watch fantasmic from a special spot..even if it wasnt that great) they were all approached at random. It doesnt come off well if you go up to people saying "wheres my prize"
                              I'm going with my whole family next week. It should be very interesting.

Comment

If I was at redd's rockets, with my kids, by myself, trying to balance pushing a stroller or getting my kids to not run into anyone else while I balance two trays of food, getting served the meal WOULD be a dream. I guess it all depends on how you look at it.
                                It's Just me, Jenn.
                                "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Justlittleoldme View Post
                                  If I was at redd's rockets, with my kids, by myself, trying to balance pushing a stroller or getting my kids to not run into anyone else while I balance two trays of food, getting served the meal WOULD be a dream. I guess it all depends on how you look at it.
                                  I would have to agree. Even without the stroller. When Im getting enough food and drinks for my 2 daughters and I, its kinda hard to carry on my own.
                                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

"This is sad - everything given out isn't of monetary value. It is sad that one special moment isn't good enough for many. I'm sure if you get offered something like this - you can decline. Then you won't have to be so dissappointed that you had to pay for a meal you were planning to pay for anyway."

Going to DL is special for me, I just think if the Co is going to call them "Dreams come true" thats what they should be.

Table service at Pizza port is cool and fun but, a "Dream come true" no.

Comment

This is sad - everything given out isn't of monetary value. It is sad that one special moment isn't good enough for many.

With all due respect, do you work for TDA?

We ALL agree, it was a great start, nice sit-down service, yada-yada. Where this goodwill train derailed and smashed into a bus full of nuns, was when the bill arrived. That's just silly.

Yes the thought was nice, yes it was unique, and YES, the bill should have been comped. I bet the total was less than $50. So for the amount of money that couldn't get one person in for a day, a dream could have been given, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                                        With all due respect, do you work for TDA?

We ALL agree, it was a great start, nice sit-down service, yada-yada. Where this goodwill train derailed and smashed into a bus full of nuns, was when the bill arrived. That's just silly.

Yes the thought was nice, yes it was unique, and YES, the bill should have been comped. I bet the total was less than $50. So for the amount of money that couldn't get one person in for a day, a dream could have been given, IMHO.
                                        Well, for my clan it would have been more, but for the family of 4 with 2 small kids, yes, its probably less. Still, if it is going to have a monetary value, it would need to be random and not a CM picking someone out. (Think how easy it would be to say "Hey, be at Pizza Port at 1130am and I'll pick you and you get a free lunch!")
                                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

I wouldn't call free mouse ears a "dream come true," either.

If the bill had been comped, the Pizza Port CMs wouldn't have had anything to do with it. Something small, like table service at a buffeteria restaurant, is all us regular CMs can do to participate in this campaign. It's nice to be given that chance.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X