X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream at Redd Rocketts

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
    I do think it's nice that they do table service for people, and I would be happy to have it. However, it's counterintuitive to turn around and hand people a bill. It's sorta like saying, gee, we sure like you a lot - but not enough to give up an opportunity to reach in your wallet. It's that zinger on the end, that "WTF moment" that sorta takes the wind out of your sails.
    I would agree, if they hadn't been told upfront it was just the sitdown service. They were fully aware they woud be paying for the meal. And from their post, it sounds like they really enjoyed it, which was the point of the "moment". (And when my kids were younger, it would have been my dream not to try and handle 4 kids and getting a meal at Pizza Port!!)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

All of the CM's went through training for these new promotions, and they are two different promotions. Perhaps they confused them as one in the same, but they are not. The buttons are multi-purpose.

Magic Moments are not part of the sweepstakes that is the Year of a Million Dreams. This also evidenced by your button, they are not considered a "takeaway" item, as buttons are free to all guests who ask for them (the birthday/family reunion/1st time/etc. buttons are all upon request.) Anything that is park of the Year of a Million Dreams, has a a guest "takeaway" That is part of what CM's were told.

I would aruge then with the Silver Fastpasses, that there is no "takeaway" since all fastpasses are free, they consider that since it is a collection of fastpasses and not singular that there is "takeaway".

The Year of a Million Dreams is its own promotion and is a sweepstakes.

Where Dreams Come True is a unifing tagline, and promotion. But Where Dreams Come True will stay after the Year of a Million Dreams is over.

Comment

[quote=Max Fischer;993503]With all due respect, do you work for TDA? /quote]

No I do not.
        sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

deleted..
          Last edited by lostboy001; 10-04-2006, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun! I wish that kind of stuff happened to me... (boo hoo)

Comment

Originally posted by lostboy001 View Post
              You have no room to disagree. I am sorry to let you know this,

Hey Turbo, slow your roll. I know you're a veteran poster here of two posts, but we're not splitting atoms here, okay?

If he wants to disagree, he can. Guess what, HE started this thread. Plus, this is still the United States, and we're still a democracy.

AND, as a bonus, you can disagree with me, and call me a moronic-loser.

THEN, I will disagree with you disagreeing with me.

And then you can disagree with me, and so on, and so on.

Until one of us dies.

Ahh, ain't life grand!
              Last edited by Max Fischer; 10-04-2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

First of all... Fantoon Gal is speaking fact, not her opinion. You have no room to disagree. I am sorry to let you know this, I dont mean to ruin your idea of the disneyland castmember, but they can make mistakes. The pizza port cast member is an example of this fact. He or she had not been properly trained. The 2 promos are exactly that: 2 different promos. The magic moments have been going on a long time, but they have been increased to cover more areas so that your chances of being a part of one has increased.

In a magic moment, there is no take away. The cast members are not giving us something that we can take home. They are giving us a magical moment, an experience, that we can remember forever. The guest that recieves the service at their table at Pizza Port was treated like a VIP guest. Not only were they served, they didnt have to stand in long lines (somtimes multiple lines, with picky children) before enjoying their food. And for most parents, that experience will make their day.

I am excited about the next 15 months.

PS: the magic moments (such as a table service experience at a quick service location) are entirely random. for example they could say "the next guest to walk in the door after 12:02 will be a part of the moment." So if a single person walked in next, they could be a part of the moment.
                Actually, I have every right to disagree and here is why. First, I was the guest that received this and everything from the guide I received at the gate to the experience in RRPP represented a single promotion. As a paying guest I should not have to research the fact that Disney is marketing many different experiences and promos under the same blanket. If CM's are improperly trained (as you have suggested, and I'm thinking that from your response that you are a CM yourself) and they pass this off as a single thing, then that blankets the whole promo.

As for your no take-aways, that is to be debated. I didn't pay for the pins that I was given and I don't even know if you can buy these, so I did take something away. Also, I have a signed menu from RRPP, which although probably isn't worth anything more than the paper it is printed on, is still something I walked away with which any other guest didn't get. The buttons, I don't know so if anyone can get these than so be it.

OK, so after we were given our menu, buttons and pins, the lead or manager (I'm not sure which) came out and talked to us for about 15 minutes about our stay at the resort. It started out about how we were enjoying our stay etc., but eventually it came out to be what did we think about our dream being fulfilled at RRPP and how was the experience.

Now, don't get me wrong, the promo might be broken into mult-promo's, but from the public's perception it is a complete campaign. They never called it a Magic Moment or said you had a moment and not a dream.

OK, with all of that said, I hope your not thinking that we were disappointed. I was just sharing what our experience was. Whatever this thing was, either a Dream or an Experience, we enjoyed it, which is why I wanted to share what was in store for the new promo after the 50th. I know that there are training issues along with how this whole thing was rolled out that didn't pan out the way they should have, but I will agree with you that the next 15 months of this promo have the opportunity to create some great magic for the guests.

Oh, and you didn't ruin my image of CM's, there are a lot here on the boards that are great on keeping us informed, and welcome to MiceChat.
                Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

First of all... Fantoon Gal is speaking fact, not her opinion. You have no room to disagree. I am sorry to let you know this, I dont mean to ruin your idea of the disneyland castmember, but they can make mistakes. The pizza port cast member is an example of this fact. He or she had not been properly trained. The 2 promos are exactly that: 2 different promos. The magic moments have been going on a long time, but they have been increased to cover more areas so that your chances of being a part of one has increased.

In a magic moment, there is no take away. The cast members are not giving us something that we can take home. They are giving us a magical moment, an experience, that we can remember forever. The guest that recieves the service at their table at Pizza Port was treated like a VIP guest. Not only were they served, they didnt have to stand in long lines (somtimes multiple lines, with picky children) before enjoying their food. And for most parents, that experience will make their day.

I am excited about the next 15 months.

PS: the magic moments (such as a table service experience at a quick service location) are entirely random. for example they could say "the next guest to walk in the door after 12:02 will be a part of the moment." So if a single person walked in next, they could be a part of the moment.

OK, lets not start a huge flame war here. I understand that "Magic Moments" have been done before, long time before the new Year of a Million Dreams" promotion. However, do you think that maybe just maybe they have been increased so much to coincide with the new promotion? I would have to say yep! Disneyland knew that there were not enough "Dreams" to handout so they increased these "Moments" so that more guests could experience special things and others will see and it will make people feel more like they are part of this new promotion. I think the fact that they give you a button that says "My Dream Came True" keyword being DREAM points directly to what I just said.

Now, cant we all get along!?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post
                    OK, lets not start a huge flame war here. I understand that "Magic Moments" have been done before, long time before the new Year of a Million Dreams" promotion. However, do you think that maybe just maybe they have been increased so much to coincide with the new promotion? I would have to say yep! Disneyland knew that there were not enough "Dreams" to handout so they increased these "Moments" so that more guests could experience special things and others will see and it will make people feel more like they are part of this new promotion. I think the fact that they give you a button that says "My Dream Came True" keyword being DREAM points directly to what I just said.

Now, cant we all get along!?
                    Very good point, maybe they have even for at least the next year merged the experiences to make it more spectacular. Although this promo may have started off with people being suspicuos about the intent, maybe it is a really good way to go back to the old ways. Great idea, thanks.
                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Sorry about the flame...:blush:. I am glad you enjoyed the moment. Just trying to clear confusion. Overall, the point was that you enjoyed yourselves. And I'm not a cm, just an observer. Definately a FOCM, though

Comment

Sorry about the flame...:blush:. I am glad you enjoyed the moment. Just trying to clear confusion. Overall, the point was that you enjoyed yourselves. And I'm not a cm, just an observer. Definately a FOCM, though
                        Never considred it a flame, I just wanted you to understand my families experience. I have no idea as to whether this is a multi-promo thing and if it is, then they definately have a training issue as to how they are letting this out of the bag. Then again, maybe they don't care how us Disney Geeks interpret this and if they are running two different promos and blanketing them under the same guise as to make an overall experience for the general guest better, so be it.

I will say this though, the CM at RRPP was very unsure of how to hadle the experience/dream as if they were kind of thrown into this unexpectadly. Maybe it was good that we were choosen since we weren't DL newbies and could expain to them our experience without feeling as though if they said the wrong thing it would be ruined. Anyway, it was only the second day of the promo when we got this, so that leads a lot of time for improvement.

Thanks for your honest opinion, it's what makes MCer so cool.

Comment

It annoys me that they still made you pay for the meal...
                          The family's "dream" was VIP service at Redd's, not a comp. meal. Pretty cool if you ask me. Besides, table service at RRPP justifes the high cost of the meal.

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                            Whatever this thing was, either a Dream or an Experience, we enjoyed it, which is why I wanted to share what was in store for the new promo after the 50th. I know that there are training issues along with how this whole thing was rolled out that didn't pan out the way they should have, but I will agree with you that the next 15 months of this promo have the opportunity to create some great magic for the guests.
                            If you received the "My Dream Came True" button, you were an official Year of a Million Dreams "winner", not a recipient of a "magical moment", magical as it may have been. A "magical moment" is just Disneyspeak for going above and beyond the normal expectations of guest service. Hope that clears it up a bit.

Another way to tell if you've "won" a dream is the costume the CM is wearing when you're approached.

Comment

I will say this though, the CM at RRPP was very unsure of how to hadle the experience/dream as if they were kind of thrown into this unexpectadly.
                              That was certainly the impression I got based on your report. The pins you got are the Pixie Dust Pin Pack, meant to be given out to Guests who are *gasp* nice to other Guests or to Cast Members, not jumping over ropes or doing things that would cause stories about them to wind up on a certain Cast Member forum. One pin is for the Guest, and the other is for the Guest to give to someone else the Guest observes also displaying model behavior.

Comment

That really is neat. Was just eating at Pizza Port the other day and noticed a 'reserved' table complete with table cloth, and wondered "who would reserve a table at Pizza Port/ and why?" this answers that.
                                I think it was a cute/magical moment that really sets Disney apart from the other companies. I really have no idea how much of this stuff is being administered, but things seem to be on the right track and hopefully it can be a new basis for showing new CMs what the magic at Disney is really bout and that its not another job.
                                Traditionally those CMs in entertainment and attractions are the ones seen as the face of Disney, but many others - stores, custodial, ODV, foods- can easily fall into the grind of it 'being just another job'. Those locations don't have stories to tell, there are no spiels, no magical moments and such... it sounds like this promotion is going to help to make sure that ALL of the park is magical. Not just meeting Mickey, or going on the Haunted Mansion, but that even grabbing a bite at Pizza Port can turn into a magical moment for a guest.
                                Excellent,
                                The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by minnietoo
                                  [quote; Tom Chaney]I understand that it would have been much nicer... and classier... for Disney to pick up the tab. Somehow being told your dream just came true while being handed a bill is a little tacky.
                                  In my own defense, the very next thing I said (that you've edited out):
                                  Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                                  But

Any little ol' special experience I can get at Disneyland, I'll take.
                                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I was not aware of two different promotions going on at the same time. Don't get me wrong, as I stated clearly before, any little magical moment I receive at Disneyland makes me happy!

BUT

A personal shopper to hold your bags? We'll bring your food? These magical moments seem to share the aspect of costing Disney nothing. Sorry, these are not "Dreams Come True!" These are nice little friendly touches. I don't mean to denigrate them or imply that they're not lovely little touches. BUT, they don't quite rise to the "Dreams Come True" level, do they? (They bring my food to me at Carl's Junior. I've never dreamed about it, though.)

Two seperate promotions? News to me!

Tell me: what kind of promotion requires the guest to give a whit about "value" or "no value" and care about the difference? Oh, you didn't win that promotion, you won this promotion!

You want to make my DREAM COME TRUE!?

Pull me out of Redd Rocket's and comp me a meal at Club 33. THAT is a dream come true.
                                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

They should of just had a giant "Dream" machine. That would pass out the prizes randomly.

Comment

DLandFansAZ did you feel obligated to leave a tip for the CM's that provided the Table Service for you? I don't care if you did or did not leave one, just curious if this "dream" cost you more than if you had just waited in line. Yeah it's just a couple of bucks if you did tip, but still goes along with the whole comp the meal debate. Thanks.

Comment

• Re: Dream at Redd Rocketts

OK, with all of that said, I hope your not thinking that we were disappointed. I was just sharing what our experience was. Whatever this thing was, either a Dream or an Experience, we enjoyed it, which is why I wanted to share what was in store for the new promo after the 50th. I know that there are training issues along with how this whole thing was rolled out that didn't pan out the way they should have, but I will agree with you that the next 15 months of this promo have the opportunity to create some great magic for the guests.
                                          Thank you for sharing with us! I am looking forward to hearing all the stories about Dreams or moments or WHATEVER that will roll in as this continues! I think this whole thing is so much fun. Yay for Disney Magic (free food or not *rolls eyes*) Glad you family had a good trip!!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X