• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcon10t
    replied
    Re: Dream at Redd Rocketts

Originally posted by Pisces View Post
    I'm assuming you even have to pay more, since it's table service...that means having to leave a tip.

Right?
    No, you don't, but thats ok.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Originally posted by Pisces View Post
    I'm assuming you even have to pay more, since it's table service...that means having to leave a tip.

Right?
    No and nope - and no you are not right

Leave a comment:

• Pisces
    replied

Right?

Leave a comment:

• filmfreak11
    replied

Everything sounds very cool except that they still made you pay for your food... sigh.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    I understand both sides of this discussion. My only quibble is this. OK. Having a CM bring your food to the fancy table isn't a "Dream Come True" it's just a "Magic Moment." ...and a Magic Moment, indeed. I'd feel mighty nice if I was singled-out for this special experience. BUT... The winners were given "My Dream Came True" buttons to wear. Their dream did NOT come true. They got a magical moment, but NOT a Dream Come True, didn't they. So, it all comes down to the button. Don't give me a Magical Moment and ask me to wear a button that tells everyone that my "Dream Came True!" That almost seems like you're trying to inflate your promotion to seem bigger than it actually is!
    Or... if you want me to mislead everyone who reads my button... pay for my meal.
    So when you win - don't wear the button. No big deal here.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied

I understand both sides of this discussion. My only quibble is this. OK. Having a CM bring your food to the fancy table isn't a "Dream Come True" it's just a "Magic Moment."

...and a Magic Moment, indeed. I'd feel mighty nice if I was singled-out for this special experience.

BUT...

The winners were given "My Dream Came True" buttons to wear. Their dream did NOT come true. They got a magical moment, but NOT a Dream Come True, didn't they.

So, it all comes down to the button.

Don't give me a Magical Moment and ask me to wear a button that tells everyone that my "Dream Came True!" That almost seems like you're trying to inflate your promotion to seem bigger than it actually is!

Or... if you want me to mislead everyone who reads my button... pay for my meal.

Leave a comment:

• iheartdisney
    replied

Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Should have been free.

Who dreams about getting table service? Free food for entire family at Disneyland, now thats a dream come true for your wallet.
    I DO!!!!
    When your trying to hold two little hands, carry a tray, grab food for everyone, balancing drinks and THEN try to pull your wallet out of your pocket....Then get everyone situated, dig into your own dinner...only to realize you forgot to grab salad dressing...
    I definately dream of table service when I'm munching my dry salad at Redd Rockets!! (which, by the way, happens EVERY TIME!!!!)
    Sign me up for that dream!

Leave a comment:

• Giddy4Aladdin
    replied

Ok.. sigh.. just checking.. woo hoo..

Now... I need to find a way to know when and where to be the moment the feel the need to give away free premium annual passes..

Hahah.. I wish!!!

Leave a comment:

• OogieBoogie
    replied

Originally posted by frecky View Post
    No. Many single people, couples, and groups have been picked out.
    Just no one named Eagle Wings. It must be a conspiracy.
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 10-05-2006, 03:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
    Seriously.. this stuff only happens to families?

So.. if it were just a couple meandering around disneyland hoping to be picked.. it won't happen???

Huh???

No - it can happen to anyone: single, couple, family; group - it is random (computer generated) for the prizes. However CMs can also provide special treatment (special moments) - at their discretion (with certain guidelines).

Leave a comment:

• OogieBoogie
    replied

Originally posted by frecky View Post
    Thats what I did....

oh wait.

LMAO!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post

So.. if it were just a couple meandering around disneyland hoping to be picked.. it won't happen???

Huh???
    No. Many single people, couples, and groups have been picked out.

Leave a comment:

• Giddy4Aladdin
    replied

Huh???

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Have your sugar daddy get you pregnant, then you too can join their elite ranks.
    Thats what I did....

oh wait.

Leave a comment:

• OogieBoogie
    replied

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
    Sounds really cool but I'm still bummed this dreams thing will only happen to families.
    Have your sugar daddy get you pregnant, then you too can join their elite ranks.

Leave a comment:

• cpdisneyprincess
    replied

Yeah. By the way some of you are talking it sounds like a CM went up to this family out side of Star Tours and put a gun to them and said YOU WILL EAT DINNER AT REDD ROCKETTS AND HAVE SPECIAL SETTING WHILE YOU ARE AT IT!!!!!!!!

oh and by the way you have to pay for this dinner we are forcing on you. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Originally posted by gumby View Post
    Very true. The effort or thought was never an issue, it was the execution and follow-through.

I always look at it this way personally. If YOU were invite someone out to dinner, YOU should pay for the dinner. Unless YOU want to arrange an even split/dutch thing with the person you invited beforehand.

This is how I always look at something. If I ever invite someone to something, you bet I'm paying. Otherwise there will be mixed messages.

I guess that's how I grew up.

Don't invite if you don't want to pay.

Bye.
    Your logic doesn't apply here. Disney didn't invite this family out to dinner. They went to dinner at the resturant on their own - and were all along planning to purchase themselves dinner. Disney offered them special seating and service WHILE THEY WERE OUT EATING THE DINNER THAT THEY BOUGHT THEMSELVES. ANd by the earlier post - the family enjoyed the extra attention and had a good time. They stated they appreciated this gesture by Disney.

Leave a comment:

• gumby
    replied

Very true. The effort or thought was never an issue, it was the execution and follow-through.

I always look at it this way personally. If YOU were invite someone out to dinner, YOU should pay for the dinner. Unless YOU want to arrange an even split/dutch thing with the person you invited beforehand.

This is how I always look at something. If I ever invite someone to something, you bet I'm paying. Otherwise there will be mixed messages.

I guess that's how I grew up.

Don't invite if you don't want to pay.

Bye.

Leave a comment:

• Opus1guy
    replied

I was hoping that someone else would chime in with what I think is at the center of what just doesn't work right for this particular "Moment" or "Dream" or whatever you want to call it.

And that is that this particular one is ripe for disappointment.

Many are expecting a dream and a freebie. Giving this little table service at this place may have just been a bad idea because of the type of operation it is. And even more...because of the expectations associated with the current Dream promotion.

I mean...many folks would expect the meal to be free. That's all there is to it. It's just so weird that you'd be greeted, given a "Dream Come True" pin, and then be expected to pay for your meal anyway, despite whatever little special table service they gave. IMHO.

What I'm trying to say is that if a Cast Member gave a ride on the Lilly Belle or took the Guests up to the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain, or the best seat in the house, or an Uber Fastpass, or things like that...there are no direct purchases associated with those things.

Perhaps it's just asking for trouble to offer some special service and imply the guests have won something special, in conjunction with certain paid activities...because the natural expectation might be that the activity itself would be comp'ed?

That's how I'd rate the Dream or whatever it was of the original post. An "A" for effort, but a "D" for thinking out the consequences, confusions, and possible negative implications.

Because your average Guest is not going to know the intricacies or differences of a Dream vs. Moment. And if you hand them a Dream Winner Pin along with their Moment...that's really going to confuse them!

IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Malcon10t
    replied

Originally posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    I may be beating a dead horse here, but really, what would it cost Disney to comp a meal at Redd's? Making you pay, that's such a cheapskate way
    It goes back to if they pay for your meal, the cast member can't just pick a family, it would have to be randomized. By only giving the service, the cast member can pick anyone they choose.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X