This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cafe Orleans

The French onion soup and Monte cristo were wonderful! the Pomme Frittes were a treat! The crab salad sandwich had a funny flavor (like too much lime) We were served by 4 different people - too many - but our drinks were never empty. When we were brought our check it had about 10 gold coin mints with it (for the 2 of us) fun!!! All in all it was a great experience. My main complaint is that the entertainment in new Orleans and the pirate show were loud and obnoxious - way too close to the tables - we could not talk to each other because of the noise. But you cant beat the view of the Mark Twain and Big thunder mountain.

Comment

Where's the Beef?

Comment

Originally posted by shadylanestudio View Post
        Where's the Beef?
        At the Blue Bayou in the prime rib!
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post

Service was OKAY, on the slow side and difficult to get drink refills. And they charged one person in our party for the meal TWICE.
          I found the best way to beat the small cups, and make easy on the CM,
          Ask nice for a second cup of drink and the Castmember will happy to bring it to you.
          also tell so thay will not have to refills glass so fast.

you only get charge for one drink.
          to beat the 12oz cup with 6 oz of drink with ice.
          Last edited by akfandisney; 10-04-2006, 12:28 PM.

Toy Story Mania construction:
          Older photo
          New Photo

Member of
          MiceChat WDW Trip
          Next trip
          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

In discussions with others, I've always compared service at Cafe Orleans with service at ESPN zone. ESPN zone is so well staffed, that several runners are always available, bringing food, refilling drinks, and handling problems.

Cafe Orleans, on the other hand, is always relying on one server to provide refills, get orders taken, clear the table, and provide the bill. With the multiple tables they are assigned, this happens, when it happens, very very slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
              I suppose. It wouldn't have been a huge issue had I had been having hand problems that day and if it hadn't been 100+ degrees outside and if we had more than an 8oz glass of 'drink' at one serving and if there weren't these SCREAMING MICROPHONED pirates just on the other side of our table.

It was a bad experience for us all around the board. Probably an exclusive experience, and then maybe not.
              The castmember sevice bin ask the manger to get bigger Cup.
              There is not answer for disneyland mangers.

to beat it Ask for two cup of drinks and cup of water

Toy Story Mania construction:
              Older photo
              New Photo

Member of
              MiceChat WDW Trip
              Next trip
              2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                As an aside--most chicken caesar salads are not tossed. They should be served in large chunks, and the customer is supposed to cut the romaine and the chicken.

We'll be there on Saturday for lunch! I want the french onion soup and the shrimp salad!
                French onion soup and the crab sandwich for me :razz: trade you bite for a bite

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by KDR View Post
                  I don't know where it's written, but I have been to several restaurants where the Caesar salad contains untossed and uncut full leaves of romaine. Though the vast majority of restaurants serve a cut and tossed Caesar, it is not an uncommon practice.
                  I suppose it's just the arguement of cutting a sandwich and NOT cutting a sandwich...and if you do cut the sandwich, do you cut it on the diagonal or straight down the middle.

Personally - prefer diagonal.

I have been to places where the salad is not tossed, but they are pretty nice places - this is Disneyland and I have pirates yelling in my ears. Not tossing my salad and setting it up pretty is not going to convince me this is a 4 star place.

We might give it a 'go' in the fall/winter - but that Summer day in Cafe Orleans' 'reopening' was rough.

Comment

shrimp salad! very good, but very strange presentation! the beignets are good some days and not so good on others. the day i went, they were fairly soft and definitely edible.
                    :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                    :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
                      Originally posted by shadylanestudio View Post
                      Where's the Beef?
                      At the Blue Bayou in the prime rib!
                      Au Contraire. It is at Club 33 in the Chateaubriand!

Comment

The gumbo soup "appetiser" was delicious! I wish they had this available as an entree with bread (maybe in the winter?).

The crab sandwich was just okay and I love crab. Maybe it was because I had it without the avocado.

The Monte Cristo is as good as always, although I agree that it seemed smaller than the ones I've had at the Blue Bayou, it also seemed a bit less greasy than before.

The pommes frites were very yummy!

I ate there twice in late July and found service a bit slow, but I liked it enough to make a PS for my October trip.
                        Sarchasm- The gulf between the person using sarcasm and the person who doesn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolie View Post
                          The Monte Cristo . . . seemed a bit less greasy than before.
                          Which can only be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolie View Post
                            The Monte Cristo is as good as always, although I agree that it seemed smaller than the ones I've had at the Blue Bayou, it also seemed a bit less greasy than before.
                            I have to take your word that it is smaller since I hadn't been to Blue Bayou in 5 or 6 years before the remodel. It still filled me up. I love the sandwich still. I am always torn between that and trying something new.
                            Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                              this is Disneyland and I have pirates yelling in my ears. Not tossing my salad and setting it up pretty is not going to convince me this is a 4 star place.

Ok, I think we understand you didn't appriciate the pirate show. It is to be said, it can be both an attraction and distraction to Cafe Orleans. I personally went to that place at a specific time so I could watch the show while I ate.
                              I love that I can see, and yes HEAR them from there.

The pirate show is not constant, it plays every half hour with a break between 12:30 and 1:30 for their own lunch.
                              If you don't like the pirates, go between their shows.
                              Most often found at a theme park

Comment

Originally posted by butterflylark View Post
                                Ok, I think we understand you didn't appriciate the pirate show. It is to be said, it can be both an attraction and distraction to Cafe Orleans. I personally went to that place at a specific time so I could watch the show while I ate.
                                I love that I can see, and yes HEAR them from there.

The pirate show is not constant, it plays every half hour with a break between 12:30 and 1:30 for their own lunch.
                                If you don't like the pirates, go between their shows.
                                Good idea.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that the Monte Cristo is generally good. The one time I ordered it at Cafe Orleans, one side was burned. We haven't returned since, but will try it again. I've always enjoyed it at Blue Bayou. It's why I kept going.

Comment

I actually like the Seafood Crepes. I had it when they were doing Soft Runs of the restaurant... oh well.
                                    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by robotpirates View Post
                                      I actually like the Seafood Crepes. I had it when they were doing Soft Runs of the restaurant... oh well.
                                      But it's not seafood. That's probably my biggest gripe about the crepes. They really should call it Tuna Crepe and stop trying to fool people.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                                      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                                        But it's not seafood. That's probably my biggest gripe about the crepes. They really should call it Tuna Crepe and stop trying to fool people.
                                        Since I ate them all the way in June, I don't remember what was in them... I don't remember tuna. Crab? Lobster? lol.
                                        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                                          I have this embroidered at home: "Thou shall not toss my salad."

Uhh, that's not what your web site says on the section where you describe your jail visitation policy for clients who are incarcerated....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X