X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cafe Orleans

Originally posted by robotpirates View Post
    Since I ate them all the way in June, I don't remember what was in them... I don't remember tuna. Crab? Lobster? lol.
    If it was crab or lobster, or shrimp or hell crayfish for that matter, it would be cool. But no, they're not stuffed with anything but canned tuna. :yuck:

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
      If it was crab or lobster, or shrimp or hell crayfish for that matter, it would be cool. But no, they're not stuffed with anything but canned tuna. :yuck:

That's crazy!!!! They might as well keep on being exotic and throw some fish sticks in there too!!

Comment

Originally posted by robotpirates View Post
        I actually like the Seafood Crepes. I had it when they were doing Soft Runs of the restaurant... oh well.
        Ok, I have to ask the question..... am I the only one who had a chuckle at the words "Soft Runs" and "restaurant" in the same sentence? :yuck:

Anyways, I'm the lucky one who Hyperbole referred to earlier as having been overcharged when we ate there recently. When we got the bill, we put two credit cards in the folder and asked the waiter to split the tab evenly. Seems like a pretty simple request, right? He comes back a few minutes later, hands the folder back and tells us that he "accidentally" put the whole thing on my card. We sit staring at him for a few moments, hand the folder back and ask him to go correct the problem. He looks dazed, but takes the cards back and attempts to fix the situation.

He comes back a few moments later to say that he, again accidentally, put the whole amount on both cards. Another awkward silence ensues as he stands at our table waiting for further direction. Again, we send him back to rectify the problem.

Finally, he comes back and announces that the bill has been split appropriately. We sign on the dotted lines and head off to enjoy the rest of our day at the park.

Fast forward a few days later, I'm looking at my bank statement and lo-and-behold, there are two charges on my card, one for the half amount, one for the whole amount. Fortunately I was able to call the resort and give them the details and I've been told I'll see a refund.... in the next week or two.

But you know what? Besides the poor bewildered waiter and the Great Credit Card Debacle of '06 (as I have come to call it), I had a good experience at Cafe Orleans. The raspberry vinaigrette salad (with those caramelized pecans :drool: ), coupled with the chicken gumbo crepes are some good eats! We've been back there once already (no bill splitting this time!), and look forward to going again soon!
        "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
          Interesting as I have seen some good reviews - maybe things have changed. My wife and in-laws went on July 2 and it was not good. The caesar salad was not tossed - which makes for a difficult time because then I had to tear my own greens and then cut my chicken......just was more work than I wanted and I was having some 'hand issues' due to a pinched nerve (I later found) - so having to do all of this was a double chore. We thought the Monte Cristo's had shrunken and it was in the HEAT of the summer and they kept bringing us these 8oz, ice filled goblets of tea and lemonade - so that being said, we were not all that pleased.

It was in it's 'opening time period' - so many the kinks have been worked out.

OH- and there is this LOUD OBNOXIOUS PIRATE STAGE AND SHOW right outside the veranda where many Cafe Orleans guests sit.
          We went in summer too. I am not fond of the untossed Caesar. I've only had it untossed at maybe one other restaurant ever. I wonder if they'll chop the chicken and greens and toss it if you ask? I will ask next time.

The other thing that bothered me was you were supposed to get a doubloon for spending over $50 at a restaurant or something like that (it was on a sign outside in summer). The waitress gave us two chocolate coins and told us those were the doubloons. We spent $100 for two chocolate coins as a reward? I thought I saw someone else on here get some sort of non-edible souvenir doubloon from there.

I recommend the garlic fries and the Monte Cristo of course. Those are the best! I just have to starve myself before so I can indulge when I go. I can only eat half of the Monte Cristo.

We sat inside because we went during a very warm part of the summer. We couldn't hear the pirate band from the indoor area. Next time, we'd like to probably sit outside and hear the band.

Service was very slow and it was hard to get a refill.

I almost forgot, we ordered the chocolate crepe for dessert. It was awful. I couldn't eat it but my husband is like a garbage disposal and he'll eat whatever I don't at a restaurant. The chocolate was all burnt and crumbly inside of the crepe. We had never had it before so we started eating and then wondered if that was really how it was supposed to taste. It was the same price as the beinets and was very small too.

I will return with my husband soon, since many of you have said that the service has improved. We were just unhappy with how slow it was, mostly. And we laughed at all of those shrimp salads that went by. They look so whacky!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X