This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Moments with Ms. Sadako - 10/1 Report

So on sunday morning I headed off to the Tokyo Disney auditions with my friend Marianne since I promised her we could carpool. It was kinda interesting. It was just some minor dance movements. Definitely not as complicated as the Christmas Fantasy auditions. I actually got through the entire thing, even though I know I still messed up but never flinched. I especially was amused by the swaying, which I kept doing for the rest of the day. I saw Almandot there, who might I say had the perfect attitude for Peter Pan. Anyway, most of it was looks, and I noticed the male japanese auditioner gave me this weird fully open-eyed 'WTF?' look when he saw this stick-figure 6'1'' beauty walk up to audition ( Yea, I'm humoring myself. Deal. ). None of us made first cut, so to make things better, as we were driving back home, amusing each other I just blurt out "Why don't we just go to Disneyland for the rest of today?"... and so we did!

Our first stop was Whitewater Snacks, where we proceeded to wait a good half an hour for our food. But we started noticing changes in the air as the 50th had officially ended...

*sings* One of these things is not like the other...

And what are you still doing there?

Our first stop inside the park was Fastpasses for Haunted Mansion Holiday, which gave us a return time of 7:00 pm even though it was barely 2:00 pm!

On the way there, we heard the Bootstrappers sing a sorrowful tune - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFI5LsDiX40

In the queue for Pirates of the Caribbean, we got our first look at the Year Of A Million Dreams coveted Dream Ears

And we also noticed a new addition to the wall... I almost had to stop Marianne from jumping into it...

Next it was time for Big Thunder, where we saw the perfect example of what noone should ever wear to Disneyland... or anywhere else for that matter...

As we unloaded from the train, we decided to make a run for Tomorrowland.

On our journey, we encountered the Trash Can Trio taking a quick break - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UlWMmnXMvw

And then we took our seats at the Tomorrowland Terrace as we prepared for the premiere of Jedi Training Academy!

Jedi Training Academy - Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yypJU_3sxHQ

Jedi Training Academy - Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq2verDf09A

Jedi Training Academy - Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJqnZXGyFPE

It looks like even the die-hard Star Wars fans were in tow for this event. HARDCORE!

My personal thoughts - I think Jedi Training Academy was a good idea that was once again poorly executed. CM's tried to tell me that the show was about teaching kids honor and self-worth when all it's really about is teaching them how to swing a plastic weapon. Proof of this is in Part 3 of the video when after fighting Vader, the stormtroopers come up to one of the kids and the Jedi Master tells the kid to push the stormtrooper back using the Force and demonstrates the arm movement. After watching the Jedi Master, the kid figures it's just easier to walk up to the stormtrooper and smack him with the lightsaber. Yes, it was funny, but probably not so much to the parents when the kid uses this newly learned technique at home. My other problem is there really is no re-view value as almost every new piece of entertainment unless you're a child who really wants to be chosen. What ever happened to Walt's ideals about Children and Parents enjoying themselves together?

Anyway, now it's time for a rocketship flight!

"YAY! We're moving!"

"Oh crud... I think my stomach just got stuck in my throat..."

As we made our way out of Tomorrowland, we decided to make one last stop... STAR TOURS!

I have to say... I :love: her hair!

And as I always say, if you want something done ri... I mean if you want something done period, just do it yourself... so here's my full Star Tours ridethrough - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haZgHSiqrgY

Hmmm... it's still not time for our HMH fastpasses, so let's do... INDY!

Marianne says I'm a bit too stoic when going on these crazy rides...

And since it's about 20 to 7:00 pm, I decided to drag Marianne on to Winnie The Pooh and traumatize her... fortunately it was the best idea all day. When we entered the Heffalump and Woozles room, she started spouting something about a bad acid trip and then proceeded to laugh uncontrollably for the rest of the ride when the elephant farted at her. The CM at the exit even had to ask her if she was ok.

YAY! Now it's finally time for the Mansion... but why are the lights so bright? I mean we could literally see the back area of the seance room, a huge storage opening in the attic and the ceiling almost everywhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIIvr-mv-WE

YAY! Santa!

Even better... SANDY!

Ok, fine, we'll go on Pirates again so you can drool at... Davy Jones?

And why wouldn't you want to drool over him...

Apparently someones dream came true...

Since I indulged you, we're going on Indy again so I can take yet another pointless picture of the mural.

It's a scientific fact. We look 47% sexier in a jeep.

I'm frustrated... let's go shoot stuff.

Shhh... I need to concentrate

OMG dude, it's like my best score EVAR!

And since we have the Fastpasses, let's do one final Space Mountain ride

But before we go... I need to give a tearful farewell to the castle in all its bling-filled glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilTUHc0RcU

*sobs heavily*
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Re: Great Moments with Ms. Sadako - 10/1 Report

Nice. Thanks for posting.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Love the update. That woman in the pink was HOT! Why shouldn't people wear those clothes? Ha ha ha.

I really suck at Buzz. I never get scores like that.
      Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

Nice pictures as always.
        -Jack :geek:
        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Why were you auditioning for Tokyo Disney at erm... Disneyland?
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako View Post
            I love that she is wincing at her own outfit.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
              Why were you auditioning for Tokyo Disney at erm... Disneyland?
              Actually the audition was up in North Hollywood. Tokyo Disney was doing a worldwide audition tour for the summer 2007 season and their last stop was LA. All the info is here: http://corporate.disney.go.com/caree...ons_tokyo.html
              Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Originally posted by Doofy View Post
                Love the update. That woman in the pink was HOT! Why shouldn't people wear those clothes? Ha ha ha.

I really suck at Buzz. I never get scores like that.
                you are joking right? that was the worst looking set of clothing I have ever seen. so tight and so see thru!
                :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot View Post
                  I love that she is wincing at her own outfit.
                  :lmao:

Comment

great report julie !! thank you , I enjoyed the pics,

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako View Post
                      Actually the audition was up in North Hollywood. Tokyo Disney was doing a worldwide audition tour for the summer 2007 season and their last stop was LA. All the info is here: http://corporate.disney.go.com/caree...ons_tokyo.html
                      Wow! That looks so awesome!
                      BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                      October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                      October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                      July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Report - Awesum!. pink outfit - not so. Could have been worse, it could have been a big, hairy, sweaty guy with visible scras in that outfit (no offense intended towards big, hairy, sweaty men with visible scars).

Comment

Once again Sadako you have helped to make a long afternoon at work a whole lot more fun! Thanks for taking me to the park and helping me to realize that I need to throw out my see-through pink net shirt collection )

Comment

Thanks for the pictures! I love them and makes me feel like I'm a regular visitor.

Comment

Fun pics - thanks for sharing! And OMG - that woman in the pink - WTF was she thinking?

And your friend is a dead ringer for an old coworker of mine (also a Marianne) - wonder if it could possibly be the same person? Small world if it is...
                              She did it!

Comment

Ah...the lady with the hair-do on the Star Tours video. One of our family traditions is whenever we go on Star Tours we take a picture of her.
                                I must have hundreds of pictures of her.... "and pleeze, no smoking".

I have often wondered who she is and whatever became of her.
                                Gawrsh !!

Comment

Thanks a bunch for that...maybe I'll see ya on the 8th!

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by ghoofie View Post
                                    Ah...the lady with the hair-do on the Star Tours video. One of our family traditions is whenever we go on Star Tours we take a picture of her.
                                    I must have hundreds of pictures of her.... "and pleeze, no smoking".

I have often wondered who she is and whatever became of her.
                                    Well, the "word" is that all the people in that video are members of the imagineering staff or their families. She's memorable. Some people even see a "hidden mickey" in her hair (I'm skeptical)...

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                                      Well, the "word" is that all the people in that video are members of the imagineering staff or their families. She's memorable. Some people even see a "hidden mickey" in her hair (I'm skeptical)...

Like we can trust an attorney! Ha.

I keed, I keed.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                                        Like we can trust an attorney! Ha.

I keed, I keed.
                                        You are soooooo getting sued.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X