Re: Saturday was the day...

Thanks for posting the quest answers!

Leave a comment:

• Shoppingbear
    replied

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
    sunday talk to Dustysage
    he did not know that disneyland add new item to there menu.
    Yeah, stuff happens... I just want to clarify, I wasn't complaining, I actually found it funny. )

Leave a comment:

• akfandisney
    replied

Originally posted by Tooliebear View Post
    Yeah, we were on the same page on those two questions, those were the answers we got. There were cratered moons in Star Trader (if it's the store I'm thinking of) and space stations... oh well. We also found the Cheesy Pasta and it didn't occur to us that there could be more than one right answer until we spent too much time trying to figure it out and ran out of time.

Still was fun, but SEE?? TOLD you it was hard!
    sunday talk to Dustysage
    he did not know that disneyland add new item to there menu.

Leave a comment:

• Shoppingbear
    replied

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
    Hmmm, my team thought that the cratered moon bit was in the wall murals in Star Trader.
    Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
    ...IMO, there shouldn't have been more than one way to come up with 34. I did the Cheesy Pasta.
    Yeah, we were on the same page on those two questions, those were the answers we got. There were cratered moons in Star Trader (if it's the store I'm thinking of) and space stations... oh well. We also found the Cheesy Pasta and it didn't occur to us that there could be more than one right answer until we spent too much time trying to figure it out and ran out of time.

Still was fun, but SEE?? TOLD you it was hard!

Leave a comment:

• mcow1
    replied

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
    We didn't have much of a problem with this one either.

My team also went with the yellow galaxy in the Starcade. Dusty didn't mark it as incorrect, so I'm going to assume we were right.

There WAS another answer which was red, but not that one.
    Red was the answer to the horizontal sign with primary color to the right, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

I love this. This is why I only posted the questions, not my feeble attempts at answers - reasonable minds definitely differ on these questions, and I can see where I went wrong on a couple of them!

Leave a comment:

• Hyperbole
    replied

Originally posted by almandot View Post
    Once you got all the items you could pretty quickly tell you were looking to spell TOM MORROW, and cheesy pasta doesn't help you spell it, so it immediately made us think we'd found an unintended answer and since pizza port had already been used in another question, we went straight to tomorrowland terrace to look for it.
    We did the exact same thing!

Leave a comment:

• almandot
    replied

We got yellow and were called correct as well..

Leave a comment:

• Hyperbole
    replied

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    5. We didn't have any problems with this question. But everyone says it was hard. Hmmm. We had a lot of problems with another one.
    We didn't have much of a problem with this one either.

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    12. I think you are incorrect my friend. We found it at the beginning of the queue at Space Mountain. This is in reference to the "without even taking a rocket" line. At least, that's what we think. And the quest's creator even confirmed that the answer is Red. Which is what we put. Anyone else? Thoughts?
    My team also went with the yellow galaxy in the Starcade. Dusty didn't mark it as incorrect, so I'm going to assume we were right.

There WAS another answer which was red, but not that one.

Leave a comment:

• MaryAnn in Wndrlnd
    replied

1. Mini Corn Dogs - $4.99 or some such at Tomorrowland Terrace. BUT, my team with Sadako and Executioner found Cheesy Pasta over at Pizza Port that also added up to 34, and we didn't find out that it wasn't what thy were looking for until we had most of the other clues and started trying to spell out the unscrambled solution.

2. Frogberto's correct, those are the space stations(space mountain is space station 77). The moon isn't showed in his picture.

3. Imagination Institute

4. Red Thirty "Red twenty-four, red thirty, cover me" (note that the space between words was apparently absolutely essential :P)

5. Innoventions' sign is a sphere around a clock. My team finally realized this in a D'oh! moment. We'd found the rotating tomorrowland sign by the train station which rotated between different periods in time, and the only name on the sign was "Mark Twain".

6. A lot of people, CMs included, thought this was the mural opposite the one Frogberto mentioned along star tours. But in the exit area for space mountain there's another wall mural of the solar system planets, with Jupiter being the 5th planet from the left(the sun's the 2nd one but doesn't count cuz it's a star).

7. 999. First time i'd seen HISTA since it debuted I think heh. We went to the far end of it and bumped into Pixie Chick's team, then after we saw 999 we both sat there thinking "umm.. was that the right answer? the other team's not leaving yet.. should we stay to make sure there isn't anything else?" but we finally got up and snuck out the exit heh.

8. A mural for Space Station X1 is featured in Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. I think we noticed they forgot a t in Rockett when we filled it out and tried to match letters for the final answer.

9. A lot of people, my team included, thought it was in Star Tours, but it was actually in Document Control at the exit for Space Mountain. The word we were looking for is "Document"

10. These were the 16 light poles surrounding what used to be cosmic waves(the thing with the spinning ball on water).

11. The autopia fastpass sign has 3 parts, a Yellow Red and Green part below it. But when we looked closer we noticed there was a smaller blue part between the yellow and red one, so tada. Answer was Red.

12. In the Starcade towards the back there are more wall paintings, and the galaxy is to the right. The wall is primarily blue but the galaxy itself is yellow.

Certain letters from each line had to be picked according to a dial that spun on our signs from the astro orbiter, and once you got them they spelled out TOM MORROW as the famous resident who would offer us assistance. We then took this information back to the control center and received our end game.

I didn't see how the end game was asking us to calculate the final answer because I was too busy piecing together the puzzle pieces while Sadako read the actual info and figured it out. But the answer to the source of Tomorrowland's troubles was....... 1998! DUH!
    1. We got Cheesy Pasta too.

5. We didn't have any problems with this question. But everyone says it was hard. Hmmm. We had a lot of problems with another one.

8. I thought it was the mural opposite of the space station one, and the answer was still Jupiter! hehe

9. We never found this one.

12. I think you are incorrect my friend. We found it at the beginning of the queue at Space Mountain. This is in reference to the "without even taking a rocket" line. At least, that's what we think. And the quest's creator even confirmed that the answer is Red. Which is what we put. Anyone else? Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• almandot
    replied

They didn't intend for there to be more than one answer. The guy who wrote the quest said he went to check that after we came back and told him about it. He thought they'd checked several times with different people and that there wasn't any other item adding up to that. But either they changed prices or it was just an unfortunate oversight. Once you got all the items you could pretty quickly tell you were looking to spell TOM MORROW, and cheesy pasta doesn't help you spell it, so it immediately made us think we'd found an unintended answer and since pizza port had already been used in another question, we went straight to tomorrowland terrace to look for it.

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

We had it as Cheesy Pasta also. Didn't know there was an alternate answer! Bummer.

Leave a comment:

• mcow1
    replied

1. Mini Corn Dogs - $4.99 or some such at Tomorrowland Terrace. BUT, my team with Sadako and Executioner found Cheesy Pasta over at Pizza Port that also added up to 34, and we didn't find out that it wasn't what thy were looking for until we had most of the other clues and started trying to spell out the unscrambled solution.
    That was a problem. IMO, there shouldn't have been more than one way to come up with 34. I did the Cheesy Pasta.

Leave a comment:

• almandot
    replied

2. Frogberto's correct, those are the space stations(space mountain is space station 77). The moon isn't showed in his picture.

3. Imagination Institute

4. Red Thirty "Red twenty-four, red thirty, cover me" (note that the space between words was apparently absolutely essential :P)

5. Innoventions' sign is a sphere around a clock. My team finally realized this in a D'oh! moment. We'd found the rotating tomorrowland sign by the train station which rotated between different periods in time, and the only name on the sign was "Mark Twain".

6. A lot of people, CMs included, thought this was the mural opposite the one Frogberto mentioned along star tours. But in the exit area for space mountain there's another wall mural of the solar system planets, with Jupiter being the 5th planet from the left(the sun's the 2nd one but doesn't count cuz it's a star).

7. 999. First time i'd seen HISTA since it debuted I think heh. We went to the far end of it and bumped into Pixie Chick's team, then after we saw 999 we both sat there thinking "umm.. was that the right answer? the other team's not leaving yet.. should we stay to make sure there isn't anything else?" but we finally got up and snuck out the exit heh.

8. A mural for Space Station X1 is featured in Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. I think we noticed they forgot a t in Rockett when we filled it out and tried to match letters for the final answer.

9. A lot of people, my team included, thought it was in Star Tours, but it was actually in Document Control at the exit for Space Mountain. The word we were looking for is "Document"

10. These were the 16 light poles surrounding what used to be cosmic waves(the thing with the spinning ball on water).

11. The autopia fastpass sign has 3 parts, a Yellow Red and Green part below it. But when we looked closer we noticed there was a smaller blue part between the yellow and red one, so tada. Answer was Red.

12. In the Starcade towards the back there are more wall paintings, and the galaxy is to the right. The wall is primarily blue but the galaxy itself is yellow.

Certain letters from each line had to be picked according to a dial that spun on our signs from the astro orbiter, and once you got them they spelled out TOM MORROW as the famous resident who would offer us assistance. We then took this information back to the control center and received our end game.

I didn't see how the end game was asking us to calculate the final answer because I was too busy piecing together the puzzle pieces while Sadako read the actual info and figured it out. But the answer to the source of Tomorrowland's troubles was....... 1998! DUH!
    Last edited by almandot; 10-03-2006, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mcow1
    replied

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
    I'm no expert, since I didn't win this thing and have no idea if I'm right, but as we discussed at the dessert party, my best guess is that it's these stations--

To the right of this picture is a moon landscape, with craters.

By the way, Mike, let me say thank you for being so nice, and hospitable (you even found us a seat near you!) on Saturday. It was really great to meet you and you couldn't be a nicer couple to hang out with. I do hope to run into you at the Cove Bar sometime!
    You're probably right. But, with the beams coming down they just didn't look like space stations to me more like ships, too ambiguous I think. It was a pleasure sitting with you guys at the dessert party. You have a great family there. If not at the Cove a Sunday meet for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Hyperbole
    replied

Hmmm, my team thought that the cratered moon bit was in the wall murals in Star Trader.

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
    Number 2 on your list killed me. I still haven't found a heavily cratered moon with space stations on the way.
    I'm no expert, since I didn't win this thing and have no idea if I'm right, but as we discussed at the dessert party, my best guess is that it's these stations--

To the right of this picture is a moon landscape, with craters.

By the way, Mike, let me say thank you for being so nice, and hospitable (you even found us a seat near you!) on Saturday. It was really great to meet you and you couldn't be a nicer couple to hang out with. I do hope to run into you at the Cove Bar sometime!

Leave a comment:

• mcow1
    replied

Number 2 on your list killed me. I still haven't found a heavily cratered moon with space stations on the way.

Leave a comment:

• mcow1
    replied

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
    Saturday was the day...
    Saturday was the day that we took the plunge and became Premium Passholders! Thanks to my employees that gave me a ton of Disney Dollars and Gift Certificates, we applied that towards Premium Passes for the family, even Grandma got one.
    :yea:

Leave a comment:

• Hyperbole
    replied

Thanks for posting this Froggy. It was great meeting you Saturday, we'll have to get together for drinks and more housing bubble discussions soon!

I felt some of the Quest questions were VERY easy (questions 3 and 4 in particular), while others were extremely difficult. I think my team spent the most amount of time on question #9, as we initally thought that it was referring to the loudspeaker announcements in the Star Tours queue! Thank goodness we didn't waste much time hanging around in there.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X