This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry during very busy days

Can you re-enter if the park reaches capacity?
    sigpic
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Re: Re-entry during very busy days

Sometimes....like on New Years......no.

Comment

Disney has different levels when they are getting close to capacity.

It starts with the stopping of new ticket sells.

Then it is the refusal of folks who have not entered the park for the day.

Then it is no admission for anyone, this is usually when the Anaheim Fire Marshall says the park is not safe if anyone else would be allowed in. If this happens, they monitor folks leavng the park. Once enough folks leave, the Fire Marshall will start to allow folks to re-enter, but only a certain amount at a time. So you will be allowed back in, you just might have a long wait. (For example, you left around 10 PM, and try and reenter a few minutes later on New Year's Eve, you will be stuck in the Entry Plaza until 12:30 or 1 AM most likely...)

Disney tries to make sure that doesn't happen, but when the park is full, it is FULL and cannot allow anyone else in by law.
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I read somewhere that those staying in the hotels are allowed in even if the park reaches capacity. Are they allowed in anytime?
        sigpic
        "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Comment

Originally posted by iluvdisney01 View Post
          I read somewhere that those staying in the hotels are allowed in even if the park reaches capacity. Are they allowed in anytime?
          Like Darkbeer said, if the Fire Marshall has deemed it unsafe for anyone else to enter the park, then even people staying in the hotels would be refused entry at that point.
          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by iluvdisney01 View Post
            During certain events (such as July 17, 2005) the park can lower the capacity count to include their estimate of those in the hotels, thus counting those not in the park as being there and allowing hotel guests entry after a turnstile closure. (Make sense?)

Otherwise, no, if there is a capacity closing, no one is allowed in (there is an exception, but it is another log story and doesn't affect any of us here ... yet...)

Basically, when a turnstile closing happens, it is usually around 11am to 1 pm. Generally, once the afternoon parade goes off, a lot of people leave for naps, and turnstiles reopen (but no tickets will be sold) to reentry and depending on the circumstances to new entries. If you leave and can't get into DL, DCA is always open!
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

The last couple of times I saw them stop he turnstyles, it was late at night. It was before the fireworks show. (made me mad because I couldn't get in to see the show... but they did warn me with signs at the parking lot.)

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                If you leave and can't get into DL, DCA is always open!
                :lmao:

so true!!! plus, they've got the alcohol there! just kidding.....or am i? hehe
                kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X