Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Account of the Ceramony- With Pictures!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Account of the Ceramony- With Pictures!!

Well I got my little account up- please forgive the blandness of it- but I figured getting the pictures up with the story was more important than making it look snazzy- which with my skills would have taken a while.

I was pretty much as close to the stage as a normal person could get... and I got some neat shots. Due to the size of the shots you have to click links to view them (so if you just want to read the story you can do that without waiting for graphics to load) It was a great day- it really was. I didn't get to see the Parade or the fireworks (obviously since the fireworks haven't gone off yet :-p) but yea.. I enjoyed it completly- it was worth the wait and the crowed and the lines.

http://www.stagesdream.com/50th/50th%20Anniversary.htm

Enjoy! Please forgive my mistakes- I am horrible with names!!

I would have enjoyed that a bit more if the pics were embedded and not just links, but I still liked it! Thanks!
    sigpic

Comment

Very awsome! I love the pictures! Sounds like you had a great day!

Comment

When I have more time- and i'm not dead tierd I will make them embeded- they are just so big right now I hated to do that.

Comment

I think it was wonderful. Thanks so much for getting it up so quickly. Those of us who can't be there really appreciate it!

Comment

I really liked the part about the rain, "Do it again Walt" *gets teary eyed...* wow

Comment

Originally posted by quasimodo1384
              I really liked the part about the rain, "Do it again Walt" *gets teary eyed...* wow
              I cried a bit there. And when they showed the video of Walt "To All who come to this happy place...." Sigh- I tear up every time I hear that.

Comment

Wow! Doves Cool!

I didn't think Disney did Doves anymore. I hope PETA or the ASPCA won't breathe down Disney's necks for that.

Great pictures. Thanks. Looks like it was truely a magical event!
                :bow:
                Originally posted by aashee
                We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stage
                  I cried a bit there. And when they showed the video of Walt "To All who come to this happy place...." Sigh- I tear up every time I hear that.
                  I used to also until they started playing a 50th promo video in my Disney store (similar to the one found on www.dlrnews.com minus the audio and extra parade footage at the end). Then I just got used to it I guess. But when I hear it in the context of Disneyland such as at the park or in the fireworks audio, it still hits me.

Thank you for your pictures and your write up. I do realize you are short. It was still great to see! And it did bring a tear to my eye. :o

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X