X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Trips to DLR 101 - A Beginners Guide

Originally posted by suttytx View Post
    Max,

Please consider doing what I do every trip. Stand in the middle of Main Street and continuously twirl around with your arms extended. Do this for 4 minutes, then enjoy the results.

Also, don't miss the Men's Room by the entrance to Adventureland. I'm there most days between 10 AM and Closing. Can't wait to see you!!

Sutty,

Your good advice is only exceeded by your hot varicose veins!

I shall do both spin, and whiz as you directed. See you in the banyo!

Comment

Originally posted by migo View Post
      Better yet, have your brother do that while piss drunk! Enjoy!

You are pure genius!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
        What time does the DTD parking lot open? I think the first six hours are free if validated, but I'm not sure.
        5 hours with restaurant or theatres validation. Brennan's, the AMC and HOB are the best about validations BTW. ESPN has a receipt mandate. DTD lot always seems open, due to the early AM outside contractors parking there, it's my personal favorite.
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I wonder if it would be nutty to leave in like Friday morning at 2:00 am, get there at 8, be there for the opening, then go to the hotel, nap and come back at night?
          That is what I do. It's a 7 hour drive for me, so we leave sometime between midnight and 1:30. We hit the park for as long as we can then check in to our hotel.

As for the discount it's at the Disney AP site....where ever that book went.
          www.disneyland.com/ap
          you can find the info for buying the ticket online there. it's cheaper to get it online, but you can buy it at the park apparently.
          Most often found at a theme park

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
            5 hours with restaurant or theatres validation. Brennan's, the AMC and HOB are the best about validations BTW. ESPN has a receipt mandate. DTD lot always seems open, due to the early AM outside contractors parking there, it's my personal favorite.

Hmm, I wonder if any of those places are open early in the morning? Is that little Jazz Kichen express place open, and if so do they validate?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by butterflylark View Post
              That is what I do. It's a 7 hour drive for me, so we leave sometime between midnight and 1:30. We hit the park for as long as we can then check in to our hotel.

As for the discount it's at the Disney AP site....where ever that book went.
              www.disneyland.com/ap
              you can find the info for buying the ticket online there. it's cheaper to get it online, but you can buy it at the park apparently.

Thanks much!! How long do you last at the resort until you need to go home and crash out? I guess you (and me too now) will need an early check in too..

Comment

It's always acceptable and customary to get one's younger brother piss drunk and take them upon the tea cups. It really adds a beautiful night time element. Colorful!

I think the swinging cars on the Sun Wheel would be better for your "piss drunk" younger brother than the tea cups - but hey why not do both?!
                sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

I wonder if it would be nutty to leave in like Friday morning at 2:00 am, get there at 8, be there for the opening, then go to the hotel, nap and come back at night?
                  Hey Max, we usually leave between 3 and 4am and arrive early. Check with your hotel and see if you can park there. Last two times we went we stayed just across Harbor and the hotel let us do a pre-check in early so we could park there. We then did just what you said, arrived early, went back and checked in later, got room, napped and went back for the night.

Good luck and have a great trip.
                  Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                    Hey Max, we usually leave between 3 and 4am and arrive early. Check with your hotel and see if you can park there. Last two times we went we stayed just across Harbor and the hotel let us do a pre-check in early so we could park there. We then did just what you said, arrived early, went back and checked in later, got room, napped and went back for the night.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it. I have never tried it like this, but I will be brave. Does that get you there in time for the opening?

Also, on a side note, which way do you drive there? I am all about the easiest way to get there, what do you recommend?

Comment

Just here to second (or third or fourth) your early arrival/mid-afternoon nap scenario. You can ride rides all day and save your evenings staking out places to see the fireworks and Fantasmic!

DCA closes before DL so try to get out of there at least an hour before closing if you plan to return and end your day at DL. You'll avoid the crowds of people who had the same idea as you.

Take him to Soarin' and Tower of Terror at DCA. Paradise Pier is, I think, best enjoyed in the late morning/early afternoon. Riding all of the carnival rides that early in the day also ensures that you'll finish early enough to make your escape.

Comment

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it. I have never tried it like this, but I will be brave. Does that get you there in time for the opening?

Also, on a side note, which way do you drive there? I am all about the easiest way to get there, what do you recommend?
                        Leaving at 3-4 in the morning gets us there around 9 or 10 with the check in. It's about 6 hours from my house (PV Mall area.) So, you might want to leave a little earlier if you want to be there for the actual opening, depending on your starting location.

The routes I've tried are both the shortest which is the I-10 to 60 to 91 to 57 route and the quoted faster I-10 keep going to the 57 and down. Personally, I don't think either is any better or worse, I call it a luck of the draw kind of thing. The last two times I did the I-10 to 57 thing and the first time it was great going in and rough going out, while the second time it was bad going in (3 car accident on the 10 that had us stopped for almost two hours) and great coming out. So I can't really say, sorry. On the other side I have had good and bad on the Riverside way in too. So, personally, I don't really know if one way is consistently better than the other.

Hope this helps, and have and get that dream video for me. :lmao: Have a good trip and make sure you lil bro has fun (I'm a lil bro too.)
                        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

All I can say is watch out for the Friday night rush for the fireworks and Fantasmic!
                          -Jack :geek:
                          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Minnietoo, excellent suggestion! I always find that Tower of Terror is good for when I'm well sauced...I mean, I've heard that ToT is a good one to ride while inebriated and soiling ones thong!

Comment

Minnietoo, excellent suggestion! I always find that Tower of Terror is good for when I'm well sauced...I mean, I've heard that ToT is a good one to ride while inebriated and soiling ones thong!
                              I've seen a whole group of people chugging their drink before they got into the lobby of ToT. Don't know what happened on their elevator though...:blink:
                              -Jack :geek:
                              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                                I've seen a whole group of people chugging their drink before they got into the lobby of ToT. Don't know what happened on their elevator though...:blink:

What goes up must come down!!!

Comment

What goes up must come down!!!
                                  I think you mean is what goes down must come up if you're talking about ToT and drinking. Oh, and again, explain to me what does drinking and DLR have to do with Max planning a trip?

Comment

No, I mean, what goes up, must come down, as in I just ruined your families picture! Ahoy me barfo!

You explain to me what it doesn't have to do with his trip. Thanks.

Comment

DLandFansAZ, meet Migo.

Migo meet DLandFansAZ.

Comment

I guess everyone here helps out in their own special way.

Now everyone please join me in a rendition of Cumbyah.

Comment

Arizona's for sucka's! Yo G!

Hey, Max, aren't you from the land of AZ?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X