This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crowns have been removed from the Castle

Walked into the park on Wednesday afternoon and found this!

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...00102856/Large

WOW!!!

After 17 months, what a change!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: The crowns have been removed from the Castle

yeah!!! they have "de-pimped" my castle!!!

Comment

Yes! I was in the park this morning and did a double take - I couldn't believe that all the crowns were gone! The 50th is finally over (except for that one persistent 50 mickey in front of the Main Street train station, and the photomosaic in the opera house, I guess...)

Comment

Aww, what a shame. Those crowns were nice. Well, it still looks really good nonetheless! Much more colorful and regal than in years past!

Comment

Thanks DB, what a change. I kinda like the colors the way they are. Glad to see the crowns go.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ok, where's the emoticon that's bursting into tears? I could really use that one right now. :crybye:

Comment

WOW! It looks SO different! I really did like all of the bling once I got used to it, and I am finding myself missing it right now.
              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                Thanks DB, what a change. I kinda like the colors the way they are. Glad to see the crowns go.
                Agreed. Castle looks real good is it's classic state. Nice to have it back.
                -Monorail Man

Comment

I wish they would re-paint the castle I hate all of the pink!

Comment

It looks very.. naked

Comment

Its hard I liked the new look but at the sam time I love the normal Castle...so Im ok with this.
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                        I wish they would re-paint the castle I hate all of the pink!
                        The pink coloring has always been there, since 1955.

Comment

My best friend had to remind me how upset I was on May 5th last year to see the castle in all it's *glory*. I don't do well with change! And now am very sad to see all the 50th regalia disappear! I was very sad to see all the Tinker bells gone from the tops of the lights on Main Street.
                          Glad I went last week!

Amber

Comment

Man, I'm so sad now. It was so nice to see all the crowns! But, I do understand that it is time to move on from the 50th (we are, after all, in the 51st). It was nice while it lasted.

...Joe...

Comment

Thanks again, for the pics, DB.

Someone call the police!!!!!!

The Royal Jewels have been STOLEN!!!!!!

Blllllllleccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~ the castle looks SOOOOOO
                              drab now!!!!

I think Disneyland needs a larger, more impressive castle.

or . . . . . how about they bulldoze Paradise Pier and
                              and Build a Villain Castle combined with a Villain Mountain
                              over there, that way we can keep Walt's 1st castle, and
                              still get a bigger, more exciting one in a park that's more
                              desperate than those females on tv Sunday night~
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Janie View Post
                                The pink coloring has always been there, since 1955.
                                But not like a Barbie dreamhouse, it was two-tone with plenty of white.

Regardless, I think the pink always looks nice in people's pictures but then I saw it in person and thought it was hideous. So, I won't cry when it goes.

Comment

That's a beautiful picture, DB!
                                  Also, the castle looks really nice. I do like the bunting still on it. It adds some nice touches.

Comment

I'm glad to see the castle return. It does look kinda naked though...but we'll get used to it.

Ta Da!

Comment

Time to start watching E-bay for those crowns.

Comment

Looks good. Just like everything else that changes - it'll take a couple visits to get used to, but afterwards it'll all be the norm again.

I loved the 50th Castle, myself, and I love the Castle regular. So it's a win-win for me.

My only hope is that they keep the current paint job, or something similar. I don't want the drab, muted colors of the previous Castle coming back.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X