This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are the CEO

With all this "I don't think Disney should do this, or that" please use the space below to tell us how the park should really be run.....include design ideas and how your financial plan will work as well. All of this must be realistic. I'm not giving you inexhaustable amouts of money. You must think realistically. Have fun.
    Last edited by Disneykat; 10-05-2006, 07:39 AM.
    Katie :yea:
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Re: You are the CEO

First I would do a complete financial review (assessment) to see where the money is earned and where it is spent. Then I would do an assessment of the park itself to determine what is happening there in terms of appearance, upkeep, use, etc. Then I would review the personnel needs and current status to determine the balance betweeen what we have and what we need. Then I would determine a "diagnosis" of the problems or potential problems that includes new ideas and new concepts for the park (sort of a wish list). My next step would be to prioritize - and then develop a plan with measureable process, intermediate, and outcome objectives - that includes resources and timelimes. The plan would include a built in evaluation piece that is ongoing - I would also include periodic reviews (evaluation) and re-assessment. THen I would "do it" (implement my plan) with the final step being evaluation.

I would also include accountability to and communication with the share holders, board, and community (guests and employees). My assessement and plan would include input from CMs and guests - as well as stock holders and board.

So you see - since I haven't completed my assessment, diagnosis, plan (outcomes) - I cannot give you a concrete answer. But this is how I would approach the situation at hand.
    sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Very good minnitoo, take this into consideration, assesment does take time. In the meantime, while the assessmaent is taking place, demands for new rides, and improvements need to be met.
      Katie :yea:
      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

This is only in regards to the parks:

I'd eliminate Disney's management control over Euro Disney S.C.A. and Hong Kong International Theme Parks. The companies though would remain under quality controls in the same way that Disney oversees the Oriental Land Company. I would also like to devise a means of getting a cut of profits from these companies with the exchange being that they could do something if the American resorts ever failed to live up to the quality controls that Disney requires of the international partners. I actually think this might be feasable. Back in the 1980s Disney feared that the Oriental Land Company might cheapen the "Disney" name and hurt the American owned operations. Well if Disney is cheapening the "Disney experience" this hurts the international operations as they are still publicaly knows as "Disney" which only cycles back to Disney in lost revenue and more cheapening of the brand.

Comment

I always had this idea that if I were the CEO, that I'd implement a small army of monkeys to run thi.....wait....never mind.

Comment

If I were CEO, I would cut my salary in half, and bump up each and every CM's hourly rate and benefits. If you want to see improvement it starts in the trenches, not at the executive level. I would also start a comprehensive suggestion system where all CMs can offer suggestions on something, and it would be strongly considered ( not just window dressing like previously). I would also create a profit sharing system where CMs could own part of the resort which would also empower them to do better.

And I would give myself free churros and popcorn for life.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              I always had this idea that if I were the CEO, that I'd implement a small army of monkeys to run thi.....wait....never mind.

Actually I would like to see it run by undead pirates so I can call it "Big Whoop."

It is amazing how prophetic LucasArts was...
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

Is this a Bob Iger, head honcho of all of Disney position? Or a Matt Ouimett, president of Disneyland position?

Two very different jobs.

Comment

Ahem.. "You are the CEO"

Comment

I'd lock myself in an apartment on Main Street Howard Hughes-style, wearing tissue boxes on my feet and attempt to fly using nothing but the power of a feather.

Eventually, I would become an attraction and the CMs would refer to me as a "less than life-like animatronic".
                    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

I would add Lakersland next to harry potter land, including a roller coaster inside a building that looks like Staples Center or the old Forum, and have a mock animation of Magic Johnson playing vs. Goofy...

a guy can dream can't he???

(no, I wouldn't reanaylze the AP pass profitabliity :lmao
                      Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
                        Very good minnitoo, take this into consideration, assesment does take time. In the meantime, while the assessmaent is taking place, demands for new rides, and improvements need to be met.
                        Action never should take place without a plan - a plan cannot be developed without a goal/objectives - goals and objectives cannot be determined without a diagnoisis of the situation at hand and a diagnosis cannot be made without an assessment. I would not proceed with any changes until the process was complete - that's why many things fail - the process is not followed and time and money is spent without a plan.
                        sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

I'd raise prices and dress everyone up like a pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by symbolic View Post
                            I'd raise prices and dress everyone up like a pirate.
                            I think that's already been done
                            sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

oh shucks=)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X