Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got a free ticket too, but...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We got a free ticket too, but...

    Well, it has my husband's name on it. He NEVER fills out anything. I did the online survey after our last visit, I'm the one registered with Disney online stuff, I'm the one who had the Disney Mag sub for years and years, I'm the one who enters contests and stuff.

    So, we've never had an AP of any sort. Are they just mailing these out to anyone in the phone book? Because honestly, that's about the only place to get my husband's name and address. Has anyone figured out the logic behind this mailing???

    And why can't the stupid thing be good until the end of the year? We're hoping to go in December, and there is absolutely no way we'll make it by Nov 15...
    xo, Deanna

  • #2
    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

    I have no idea. It does seem like the majority of people getting the tickets are in SoCal though.








    Comment


    • #3
      Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

      Originally posted by Cheshirepixie View Post
      I have no idea. It does seem like the majority of people getting the tickets are in SoCal though.
      Well yeah because if someone in AZ or Kansas got one it would be a waste. SoCal people are right here and most likely to go lol. I'd take anyone's free ticket off their hands, my mom really wants to to go the park for the Halloween stuff!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

        Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
        Well yeah because if someone in AZ or Kansas got one it would be a waste. SoCal people are right here and most likely to go lol. I'd take anyone's free ticket off their hands, my mom really wants to to go the park for the Halloween stuff!
        Well I'm in Norcal. My AP is current. My wife's expired , we haven't renewed it yet. Don't know when we're going again. BUT...if she gets
        one in the mail...we are SO there. LOL
        Gawrsh !!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

          Originally posted by Deanna View Post
          And why can't the stupid thing be good until the end of the year? We're hoping to go in December, and there is absolutely no way we'll make it by Nov 15...
          The DLR doesn't need the additional push in late-November and December, that's why the thru mid-November promotional opportunity.
          I'm sure there was a thank you in there somewhere but I might've missed it.
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

            Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
            The DLR doesn't need the additional push in late-November and December, that's why the thru mid-November promotional opportunity.
            I'm sure there was a thank you in there somewhere but I might've missed it.

            I am thinking that many folks have lost site of the fact that the Year of a Million Dreams and the prizes, give aways etc are part of a promotional campaign for Disney that seeks to maintain or surpass park attendance and guest spending over the 50th celebration. Many people posting on the various threads give me the impression that they think Disney owes them something and/or this campaign is about giving them something of personal value.

            Your response puts this into perspective.
            sigpicMinnietoo

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

              Originally posted by Deanna View Post
              Well, it has my husband's name on it. He NEVER fills out anything. I did the online survey after our last visit, I'm the one registered with Disney online stuff, I'm the one who had the Disney Mag sub for years and years, I'm the one who enters contests and stuff.

              So, we've never had an AP of any sort. Are they just mailing these out to anyone in the phone book? Because honestly, that's about the only place to get my husband's name and address. Has anyone figured out the logic behind this mailing???
              Does he hold a Disney Visa credit card?

              But it is possible that it's a totally random target marketing (as contradictory as that sounds), though even that could be confined to a specific region. It's not really that uncommon, especially when they are looking to monitor redemption statistics for the benefit of future targetings.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

                Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
                I am thinking that many folks have lost site of the fact that the Year of a Million Dreams and the prizes, give aways etc are part of a promotional campaign for Disney that seeks to maintain or surpass park attendance and guest spending over the 50th celebration. Many people posting on the various threads give me the impression that they think Disney owes them something and/or this campaign is about giving them something of personal value.
                I completely agree. I said elsewhere that if I was in the park and was picked out, yes Id be happy. But if I didnt, oh well then. ITs any other day for me in my favorite place. As if this whole promotion isnt even going on.
                "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

                  Maybe they should give out free tickets to those who really need one and plan on using it and being thankful. Sick kids at CHOC for example.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

                    Disney could have actually purchased mailing lists for this campaign.
                    sigpicMinnietoo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

                      Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                      Maybe they should give out free tickets to those who really need one and plan on using it and being thankful. Sick kids at CHOC for example.
                      Im pretty sure they do things like that.
                      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

                        My friend called me today and told me she got one in the mail addressed to the Davis family. But there was only one park hopper ticket. She's never had a season pass, and has only gone to disneyland once in the past 5 years. Strange.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: We got a free ticket too, but...

                          Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                          The DLR doesn't need the additional push in late-November and December, that's why the thru mid-November promotional opportunity.
                          I'm sure there was a thank you in there somewhere but I might've missed it.
                          Yeah, I know when they're busy. And no, you didn't miss a thank you. Oh wait, Thank you Disney Suits, for including me in your marketing campaign. Those were tears of joy last night, not tears of "sure do wish I could use this." Not tears of us po' So Cal folk who are lucky to work a Disneyland trip into our budget every few years. I'm not ungreatful for the ticket, but was disappointed that it was good for such a short time. There is no way my fam of 4 can afford a trip on such short notice. Getting one free pass just felt like such a tease. How do you suppose it'll feel to some kid in Inglewood who has never been to the park? Or someone on welfare?

                          Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                          Does he hold a Disney Visa credit card?
                          Nope.

                          Originally posted by frecky View Post
                          I completely agree. I said elsewhere that if I was in the park and was picked out, yes Id be happy.
                          Ditto. If we make it to the park during this promo, and win, great. If not, great. I don't feel the park owes me anything extra. For the price of admission, I expect a clean park, rides that are fun, smiling CMs, just a standard Disney day.
                          xo, Deanna

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X