Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad about MuppetVision? Or do you wanna know why we care so much?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad about MuppetVision? Or do you wanna know why we care so much?

I posted this in the thread for Al Lutz's column, but it got a lack of response. So I thought I'd start a thread for the discussion of MuppetVision potentially leaving.

I just wanted to bring a "OH NO" for the abandonment of MuppetVision 3-D as it seems not many people are concerned.

I loved the Muppets before I loved Disney. When I heard Disney bought the Muppets, I was happy that a company who had kept Mickey alive for many years could do the same for Kermit & Co. The rumor of the potential pull of MuppetVision breaks my heart.

MuppetVision brought a Muppet fan anything and everything they dreamed of. Actually watching a show in the infamous Muppet Theatre, seeing in real life (not on your screen) the muppets coming to life, a real, human operated Sweetums wandering around....it was everything I ever wanted.

MuppetVision was the last project Jim Henson worked on before he died. It was a revolutionary project for the Henson Company. Jim had a very strong emotional attachement to the project. I would be heartbroken and disappointed in Disney if they removed it.
    In addition, everyone who is complaining about Tom Sawyer Island going away because it was Walt's pet project should be just as angry about Jim Henson's final project before his death leaving the park too.

Well, that's just my opinion.:blink:
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Re: Sad about MuppetVision? Or do you wanna know why we care so much?

I am sad. I love that one. They're right though. It isn't getting the attendance any more. It makes me laugh every time though. I always see it once when there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

It's a great show, just that no one goes to it.
      -Jack :geek:
      Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

The fact so few people cared when Al announced that it was going shows that it really does not have a following. Most who have seen it once don't care to go back. I say bring on the new. Children did not really know the muppets anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
          thread for the discussion of MuppetVision potentially leaving.
          :blink:

? I'm Potentially going to become a power-lifter...... What does potentially leaving mean? Maybe? Someday?

I have a hard time getting worked up about another maybe, potentially, perhaps.....

Comment

This is yet again another attraction that, if given the right amount of money, could actually become big again. It's all about promotion. Release a box set of Muppets DVDs, include a bonus DVD about the ride, have the press release be in front of the Muppet building, and possibly do some MINOR tweaks to the show or enhance the 3D animation. If people just sit down and think about why attractions are getting attendance it could be one of two things:

1) Not enough promotion
            2) The attraction truly is horrible

For Muppet*Vision I'm going with the first choice. If MV had been horrible it would have been taken out long ago when they got rid of the lame "Limo" ride.

Just my thoughts.

...Joe...

P.S....I think it's pretty clear what my view is on if MV should stay or leave.

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
              The fact so few people cared when Al announced that it was going shows that it really does not have a following. Most who have seen it once don't care to go back. I say bring on the new. Children did not really know the muppets anyway.
              I agree. I saw it for the first/ last time during my visit to California in August. I am a Muppet fan, but this attraction, I feel, did not do the characters justice. I didn't feel that classic muppet feel that the Muppet Show had when I rode the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                This is yet again another attraction that, if given the right amount of money, could actually become big again. It's all about promotion. Release a box set of Muppets DVDs, include a bonus DVD about the ride, have the press release be in front of the Muppet building, and possibly do some MINOR tweaks to the show or enhance the 3D animation. If people just sit down and think about why attractions are getting attendance it could be one of two things:

1) Not enough promotion
                2) The attraction truly is horrible

For Muppet*Vision I'm going with the first choice. If MV had been horrible it would have been taken out long ago when they got rid of the lame "Limo" ride.

Just my thoughts.

...Joe...

P.S....I think it's pretty clear what my view is on if MV should stay or leave.

I wish you would just quit dancing around the issue and tell us your true thoughts! Dang-it!

Comment

I'm also a huge muppets fan, but I didn't feel that the show had the complete "look and feel" of the muppets down. In particular, the stupid 3D figure that appears throughout the show (and which is obviously computer generated - a huge no-no if you want the muppet feel) was unnecessary and distracted from the overall show.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                    I wish you would just quit dancing around the issue and tell us your true thoughts! Dang-it!
                    LOL, cute.

Fine, here's my thoughts...

KEEP MUPPET*VISION! DON'T GET RID OF IT! I LOVE MUPPET*VISION! I'D MARRY MUPPET*VISION IF I COULD! WE'D RIDE AWAY INTO THE SUNSET WITH KERMIT AT THE REIGNS, THE PENGUINS AS THE HORSES, MISS PIGGY AS OUR MAID, AND THE GROUCHY OPERA GUYS AS THE IN LAWS THAT NOBODY WANTS TO HANG AROUND! BRING ON MUPPET*VISION!

There, better? LMAO

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                      ? I'm Potentially going to become a power-lifter...... What does potentially leaving mean? Maybe? Someday?

I have a hard time getting worked up about another maybe, potentially, perhaps.....
                      I have to be honest with you. I'm not sure myself. The rumor is that it is going to be replaced with Philharmagic at some point in the DCA upgrade. It was mentioned in Al Lutz article for this week. (If you haven't read it, I highly reccomend. Fascinating stuff.)

I understand the feeling too. It just seems that recently, the rumors end up being true.
                      "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                        I'm also a huge muppets fan, but I didn't feel that the show had the complete "look and feel" of the muppets down. In particular, the stupid 3D figure that appears throughout the show (and which is obviously computer generated - a huge no-no if you want the muppet feel) was unnecessary and distracted from the overall show.
                        I agree 100 Percent. That computer character really ruined it for me.

Comment

Well....

Integration of the Muppets into the Disney fold has been problematic... I think it is for various reasons... Most of all having to do with what the Muppets are creatively.

I personally think they are Disneys most under utilized and over synergised asset... Last year we saw them everywhere, and the only new products available were the Muppet Show DVD's and Wizard of Oz... But nothing really that clever new and fresh was done with the characters despite Disney's marketing muscle... America's Next Muppet so far has been talked about, yet where is it?

Bear and the Big Blue House is out of production? Why?

Reason HAS to be creative issues... And the lack of desire to create content with these characters just cash in on how there images and how they have been used in the past...

In the mean time Jim Henson Company is going forward with other properties... The Fraggle Rock Movie and the Dark Cristal 2...

Kermit now is a managed property... Rather than a creative property...

Welcome to Disney under Iger...
                          Check out my other blog:

Comment

I personally didnt think the attraction did the Muppets justice. I have watched it a couple times and I no where near laughed as much as I usually do at the Muppets. The Philharmagic would do much better in there than Muppets.
                            "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
                            Kidada Jones

Comment

If they just got rid of it would that make it feel more Muppetish for you?

...Joe...

Comment

I would hate to see the muppets leave DCA especially Statler and Waldorf who crack me up every time I see the show. Why not make a new 3D movie to be played in the theatre? I am not a big fan of the 3D character that comes to life from muppet labs (can't think of its name). Take him out of the show and come up with something new and the crowds would come back. I love everything about the show except the 3D thing......who annoys me so much I don't like going that often to watch.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                                  If they just got rid of it would that make it feel more Muppetish for you?

...Joe...
                                  Actually, YES! I wanted more of the Fozzy Bear antics... more of the Miss Piggy production... more of Sam the Eagle, Gonzo, and the guys in the balcony. Instead I get a whole LOT of a very non-muppet character.

Comment

That 3-D character's name is Waldo, and if I remember correctly, he was a character on the Jim Henson Hour, created by Mr. Henson himself.

*Scans the MuppetWiki*

Yep. Here he is.
                                    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Waldo_C._Graphic

Comment

I happen to love both attractions. Philharmagic is quite a show. I don't know if it should be brought out the DLR though. It is one of the things that makes going to WDW special. What would be the point of going to both resorts if they are just clones. For that same reason I wouldn't be sad to see Muppets go. You can still go to WDW and see them. Bring on a new 3D. Something that celebrates Mickey and Friends (no, I am not talking about the parking structure).
                                      Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

^ Ding!

DH and I love the show, actually - we make a point of seeing it every time we go to DCA. But I hate that stupid 3D thing. I want to see Muppets.

We laugh at the two grumpy old men (Statler and Waldorf), Beaker getting the brunt of Dr. Honeydew's grand experiments, Swedish Chef doing his thing, but that 3D thing just doesn't fit.
                                        She did it!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X