Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with the HUGE body of water at Paradise Pier?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with the HUGE body of water at Paradise Pier?

I know this has been a concern for most as it is apparently a significant waste of space. But ignoring other bigger options (like ripping out paradise pier entirely), what could be done with the space?

Here's my idea...

Make some sort of e-ticket speed thrill ride...I don't know, specifics, but maybe something themed around surfing, jet skiing, or speed boats. Something to incorporate the water and the thrills of PP. Maybe they could create a wave with a barrel (a wave curling over while breaking) and run a coaster right through there at a zillion mph. I dunno...I just think another e-ticket would do good for DCA and that water needs something. Regardless though, if we could incorporate pirates somehow, that would be awesome.

Re: What to do with the HUGE body of water at Paradise Pier?

I say add packets of Jello and stir until it's one big, flavorful and bouncy edible trampoline!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cacopelao! View Post
      I know this has been a concern for most as it is apparently a significant waste of space. But ignoring other bigger options (like ripping out paradise pier entirely), what could be done with the space?

Here's my idea...

Make some sort of e-ticket speed thrill ride...I don't know, specifics, but maybe something themed around surfing, jet skiing, or speed boats. Something to incorporate the water and the thrills of PP. Maybe they could create a wave with a barrel (a wave curling over while breaking) and run a coaster right through there at a zillion mph. I dunno...I just think another e-ticket would do good for DCA and that water needs something. Regardless though, if we could incorporate pirates somehow, that would be awesome.
      It is nice to have some open space at DL - if you fill every inch with thrill rides you might as well call yourself Knotts Berry Farm
      sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

I'd say take half of it out and make a nice attraction to it, that or make a water show.
        -Jack :geek:
        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Two words... Paddle Boats. I miss them from Disneyland Hotel. My parents would rent them for us when I was little. It was always so much fun to paddle around the lagoon. I would gladly pay to do that in DCA.
          Last edited by Doofy; 10-05-2006, 02:36 PM. Reason: I spell like I look.....UGLY
          Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

rent tubes!

Comment

Well I LOVE Frogberto's idea but if they were to do nothing with the body of water (ride wise) they should at least put in some type of show like Illumintaions over at Epcot. I really liked that show when I saw it and the PP lagoon is somewhat like the one over in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Doofy View Post
                Two words... Paddle Boats. I miss them from Disneyland Hotel. My parents would rent them for us when I was little. It was always so much fun to paddle around the lagoon. I would gladly pay to do that in DCA.

Not such a bad idea. In Hong Kong Disneyland, the nearby Inspiration Lake is completely man-made and you can rent paddle boats for a nominal fee for 30 minute or 1 hour jaunts around the lake. Now, the surroundings are quite as nice at DCA as they are on Lantau Island, but it would be a great use of the facilities.

Either that or they start hosting wet t-shirt contests.
                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

They should have daytime fountain shows in the style of the Bellagio and then one big nightime show.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                    I say add packets of Jello and stir until it's one big, flavorful and bouncy edible trampoline!!!
                    For some reason with that much jello, a trampoline is not what came to my mind. Jello wrestling did.
                    San Diego Pole Parties

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Head View Post
                      For some reason with that much jello, a trampoline is not what came to my mind. Jello wrestling did.
                      Hey, that works too -- let's set up a match! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                        They should have daytime fountain shows in the style of the Bellagio and then one big nightime show.
                        That's EXACTLY what I thought! And instead of songs such as "My Heart Will Go On," "This Kiss," "Proud To Be An American," etc., they could be Disney songs! I can just imagine the awesome shows they could do with fountains to songs such as "Circle Of Life," "Be Prepared," "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo," etc.

COME ON DISNEY, PUT IN A FOUNTAIN SHOW!

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                          Yes, they should. It'll liven the place up too, it seems like nothing ever goes on over at Paradise Pier anymore.

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
                          Either that or they start hosting wet t-shirt contests.
                          Nevermind, do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacopelao! View Post
                            Regardless though, if we could incorporate pirates somehow, that would be awesome.
                            OH GOD NO! NO MORE PIRATES!

(my apologies for the all caps ;0)

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                              LOL! Almost ROFL! Good one, Froggy!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X