Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what fave movies or characters do you wish had a ride?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what fave movies or characters do you wish had a ride?

Ever since I started micechat I have seen many people's ideas on how things should be changed at DLR with different ride ideas and different ways to organize things. They all consider what would make the parks more popular, what would fit the budget, and what would actually fit in the parks physically. After seeing the Little Mermaid ride feature, and after hearing first that is not a possibility and then that it may be...I began to wonder what other amazing rides could be made but for whatever reason were nixed or just simply impossible. I was wondering what other movies or characters you guys would like to see made into a ride...it can be a very realistic possibility or not realistic at all...Give as much detail as you want or simply say what movie or what character or whatever you wish you could see! Rides are such an amazing way to experience the movie in real life...there are so many I can think of...but I'll let you guys start...

Re: what fave movies or characters do you wish had a ride?

anyone?? fine i'll start...
    how bout...
    1)a 3-d muppet ride
    2) mary poppins ride...animatronic and cartoony (like you are jumping into one of her drawings as oppose to the whole movie...you could ride umbrella mobile!)
    3) little mermaid, aladdin (gotta be flyin! dark ride type thingy), beauty and the beast somethin!!!
    4) more twilight zone??? with real episodes?
    5) i heard someone give an idea about a a lion, the witch and the wardrobe ride...that sounds cool
    6) a villains ride!
    7) hmm i dunno ill think of more later...what other none disney things does disney own the rights to? such as twilight zone and muppets? what else? omg if they owned the wizard of oz rights! wow

Comment

I wish Michael Jackson had a 3D Space Adventure!

But seriously
      Mary Poppins
      Little Mermaid
      Dick Tracy
      More Muppets
      Goofy
      Fantasia

Comment

I'd love to see them stick a Jungle Book dark ride in the asia section of Animal Kingdom. A Beauty and the Beast ride would be good for fantasyland.

Comment

A Beauty and the Beast ride in Fantasyland (the movie is incredibly pivotal in Disney history and is just a really wonderful film), and a House of Villains dark ride in Toontown (to go along with the ride there would abe a House of Mouse restaraunt with penguins serving you ^_^).

I've said this countless amounts of times, but I think over in Paradise Pier the Imagineers would do well to create a love boat ride as in the classic tradition...only, when riders board their boat, they will actually see classic romance scenes from Disney animated films.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

I've said this countless amounts of times, but I think over in Paradise Pier the Imagineers would do well to create a love boat ride as in the classic tradition...only, when riders board their boat, they will actually see classic romance scenes from Disney animated films.
            A truely beautiful idea. But yeah... they already have a problem with people on rides like Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion having a little too much fun. This is just an open invite to kanoodling :P

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
              A Beauty and the Beast ride in Fantasyland (the movie is incredibly pivotal in Disney history and is just a really wonderful film), and a House of Villains dark ride in Toontown (to go along with the ride there would abe a House of Mouse restaraunt with penguins serving you ^_^).

That is such an amazing idea (love boat ride)! Genius!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
                A truely beautiful idea. But yeah... they already have a problem with people on rides like Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion having a little too much fun. This is just an open invite to kanoodling :P

LOL. Kanoodling!

"giggle"

Comment

Well, Walt was a romantic at heart Those Matterhorn seats (he was always seen with lovely women riding with him) and the romance of New Orleans Square were made very purposefully.

And besides, kanoodoling is fun!

Comment

Ever since the Motor Boat Cruise closed down I thought a Rescuers attraction would go well there. They could have the boats look like big leafs(powered by Evanrude, of course) and the water could made to get a little rough as the leafs race in between the two alligators
                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I know there is already Stitch Encounter in Hong Kong (a Turtle Talk-style attraction) and the one in WDW, but I'd love to see a Dark Ride based on Lilo and Stitch. If they based it around the series, you could have all sorts of experiements popping up. Actually, there's an idea: using a similar engine to the Buzz Lightyear ride, make it the rider's job to "capture" all the experiments that have been let loose using a special "gun" on their ride vehicle.

Of course, all it would take if for someone to apply this concept to Bambi, and we are just in strange territory...

I'd also like to echo the desire to see a proper Little Mermaid ride, and the one proposed on the DVD would be just the ticket as far as I'm concerned.

Atlantis, one of the most underrated films Disney has ever made, deserves an attraction in the park. By rights, the huge Jules Verne-inspired subs from that movie should be making their way to Tomorrowland next year, but that's a whole other can of worms. I see this as a massive E-Ticket in the style of Indiana Jones, battling your way through to Atlantis after travelling to the centre of the earth.

Comment

Lord of the Rings ride

Harry Potter ride

Everybody Loves Raymond ride...Just kidding on that one
                        "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Before the Harry Potter franchise went out, Disney had a chance to acquire rights. Eisner didn't think the series would ever go anywhere... yeah... oops.

But before you make fun of him for that, remember Walt thought they Beatles would never make it either LOL

Comment

I would like an attraction based on my all time absolute favorite movie, a seriously unappreaciated animated clasic, A Goofy Movie!

Comment

Definitely Lilo & Stitch. I imagine the ride vehicles being oversized longboards with chairs (you know, kind of like an elevator with seatbelts). Surf through various hawaiian scenes, look at barely animated mannequins, pleasant family friendly atmosphere. You know? For the kids?
                              Last edited by woxel1; 10-06-2006, 06:55 AM. Reason: Artificial scents! I forgot those :P

Comment

I would love to see a ride based on Mary Poppins. I think the imagineers could have all kinds of fun working up a ride from that movie !!
                                Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                                http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

If the movie stood up more... Treasure Planet would be an Epic ride.

Comment

'Aladdin'

A rollercoaster ride with dark ride scenes where you ride the magic carpet would be the greatest.

Comment

I think a dark ride about THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE or THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME or some sort of balloon ride for the first and a more permanent addition aside from a simple festival that could get old in a year.
                                      ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
                                        Before the Harry Potter franchise went out, Disney had a chance to acquire rights. Eisner didn't think the series would ever go anywhere... yeah... oops.

But before you make fun of him for that, remember Walt thought they Beatles would never make it either LOL
                                        Hhmm... are you sure about that? I've read several places that Disney had the rights to a Harry Potter attraction (ride, land, park, whatever). But WB had the rights to the movie.
                                        The Armenian Genocide

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X