This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle Cruise Possibly Revamped?

With the news that a movie based on the Jungle Cruise is in the works do you guys think that Disneyland may go back in and revamp the ride like they did with POTC? Of course this all depends on how well the movie does, but just wanted to get everybody's thoughts.

...Joe...

Re: Jungle Cruise Possibly Revamped?

Yes, Jack will be added to the village scene. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
      Yes, Jack will be added to the village scene. LOL
      LMAO, oh yes! And I'll bet you anything that Orlando Bloom's character will be the one running up the pole away from the rhino! TeeHee!

Comment

I think that really depends on how the movie does...but from the synopsis I've read on the movie, I don't really see how elements from the movie could possibly be incorporated into the ride. But we'll see

The movie is supposed to be about this group of explorers that get lost in the jungle and a member of their party gets sick, so they have to find an antidote (at least that's what I remember reading).

Comment

The ride just got a few new effects and a big overhaul just before the 50th celebration. But if a movie based upon the attraction is a big hit, you never know what they might be persuaded to do.
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
          Save

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
            I think that really depends on how the movie does...but from the synopsis I've read on the movie, I don't really see how elements from the movie could possibly be incorporated into the ride. But we'll see
            Care to send me a link of the synopsis? I only heard of the possibility of one being made, not the plot.

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
              Care to send me a link of the synopsis? I only heard of the possibility of one being made, not the plot.

...Joe...
              Hmm, this was not from the original place that I read it, but here...
              http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=7572
              Mandeville's David Hoberman describes Jungle Cruise as "an adventure film with comedic elements, but its core is almost a family version of Joseph Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness,' about a group that travels upriver, in search of a significant cure." Josh Goldstein and John Norville (Tin Cup) will write the script.
              If I locate where I read the original synopsis, I will update.

Comment

Hmm, this was not from the original place that I read it, but here...
                http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=7572

If I locate where I read the original synopsis, I will update.
                There is going to be a movie based on the Jungle cruise? I thought the ride was already based on a movie (though loosely) “The African Queen”.
                Last edited by J Thaddeus Toad Esq; 10-05-2006, 11:22 PM.
                Other places you can find me:

Digg
                Steam

Comment

Why do I have a strange, strange feeling that Dane Cook is going to be in this movie?

Comment

Wouldn't a better term for it to be that the ride is "inspired-by" The African Queen, rather than "based-on" ?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Yeah.... they are going to add a loop to the ride.

Oh come on.... you know sooner or later SOMEONE was gonna say it....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

The movie is supposed to be about this group of explorers that get lost in the jungle and a member of their party gets sick, so they have to find an antidote (at least that's what I remember reading).
                        bad jokes? no bad jokes? darn you writers!!!

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                        The ride just got a few new effects and a big overhaul just before the 50th celebration. But if a movie based upon the attraction is a big hit, you never know what they might be persuaded to do.
                        yea, and WDW is borroing them... I wish!

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                        Yeah.... they are going to add a loop to the ride.
                        Stop beating me to it... oh well.. you forgot:

"They are adding a LIM launch, with a corkscrew and a batwing..."

and

"They are building a store at the exit, and a refershment stand at the entrance"

Comment

Just the idea of a "comedy version of Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness" is suspect.

I mean next we'll hear about a Jerry Lewis adaptation of Apocalypse Now.

Kurtz (played by George Wendt): Are you an assassin?
                          Willard (played by Jerry Lewis): I'm a soldier.
                          Kurtz: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks....to collect a bill.
                          Willard: Heyyy, LAYYYYDEEEE! I WAS ALREADY IN DAT PICTCHA! THE ERRAND BOY - YOU REMEMBAH?!?!

Comment

Well, movie or not, Disney certainly has some new technology that they may want to install.

The Hong Kong Jungle River Cruise, just over a year old, they've employed new '3D' sound effects, brand spanking new animatronics and a few other neat surprises (such as the 'fire and water' ending). Disneyland and WDW may not necessarily want to do the exact same thing as HKDL, but there is certainly new technologies they could employ to update some of the slightly dated-looking animatronics that currently occupy the ride.

Comment

And in turn a movie is based on the ride.

To make an analogy -- observe the employee cafeteria, the Inn Between, during the 80s. On Sundays you would have "Chicken With Sauce" on the menu. On Mondays they would take the leftovers from that, break them down a little and make "crispy chicken" (breading was stale chips/Doritos that they weren't going to sell in the park). Then they would break down the leftovers from that, and on Tuesday, Chicken Casserole. Pulverize what is left of that and on Wednesday you have the filling for Stuffed Bell Peppers. Finally it gets broken down more and more, and by Sunday you have the Sauce for Chicken With Sauce, and the cycle starts all over again. In theory, there may be food particles in there from five years prior. There is a history there and it's very interesting, but not really appetizing if you think about it.

And that's how I feel about movies based on rides based on movies. This "black hole" method of creativity, as it was once called, eventually leads to the end of the universe as we know it. (See: Haunted Mansion)

Anyway there already is a Jungle Cruise Movie, it was made by DL cast members 20+ years ago, and I'm certain it's far more entertaining than anything the studio is going to put out.
                              Last edited by Asterix; 10-06-2006, 09:36 AM. Reason: Afterthought

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
                                Why do I have a strange, strange feeling that Dane Cook is going to be in this movie?
                                As much as I like him, please no.
                                "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

[Cynicism]. The Jungle Cruise is going to be rethemed with Pirates, which will fit in well with the revamped "Indiana Jones and the Lost Pirate Cave" attraction, the Pirates Tree House, the Haunted Pirate Mansion, and Big Pirate Mountain Railroad. It'll all come under the new moniker for the west side of the park, "Pirate Synergy Land". [/Cynicism]

I'd think if they were going to emulate the African Queen, we'd at least be able to see a couple of cases of gin.

Comment

They will possibly put movie props or characters from the movie into the ride after the movie comes out just like they did with Pirates.

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan View Post
                                      [Cynicism]. The Jungle Cruise is going to be rethemed with Pirates, which will fit in well with the revamped "Indiana Jones and the Lost Pirate Cave" attraction, the Pirates Tree House, the Haunted Pirate Mansion, and Big Pirate Mountain Railroad. It'll all come under the new moniker for the west side of the park, "Pirate Synergy Land". [/Cynicism]

I'd think if they were going to emulate the African Queen, we'd at least be able to see a couple of cases of gin.
                                      I think that they should re-title the ride "Pirates of the Jungle Cruise". :lol:
                                      Last edited by ni_teach; 10-06-2006, 10:30 AM.
                                      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                                        With the news that a movie based on the Jungle Cruise is in the works do you guys think that Disneyland may go back in and revamp the ride like they did with POTC? Of course this all depends on how well the movie does, but just wanted to get everybody's thoughts.

...Joe...
                                        Most likey. :thumbup:

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                                        MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X