This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick "Remember" Thoughts...

Favorite part of the soundtrack -> The last fifteen or so bars of "Wishes," after the last reprise of "When You Wish Upon a Star," with the three octave unison vocal stack. Wow! That's good writing. Pure emotion!

Favorite effect -> Fire, Beavis. heh heh

Favorite moment -> Tink over the castle.

Least favorite moment -> The 23 mintes it took us to move 10 feet after the show. GOOD GAWD!
    Last edited by NDNation; 05-06-2005, 08:49 AM.

MY favorite part of the Remember is the big triumphant section RIGHT before it goes into the E-Tickets in the Sky. It's AWESOME!!

My favorite effect: "Is this haunted room actually stretching??"

Comment

My favorite part is the WHOLE DANG THING!!! I seriously called my brother in law, who is in town this week and told him he HAD to buy a ticket and we HAD to see it before he goes back home. I had chills from the moment it began until it ended.

My other favorite part was watching everyone get excited, and hearing the reaction AND reciting the various ride "quotes"
      Katie :yea:
      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat
        My other favorite part was watching everyone get excited, and hearing the reaction AND reciting the various ride "quotes"

(not that I'm being specific to you here, that's just how I feel about everyone who does that.)

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania

(not that I'm being specific to you here, that's just how I feel about everyone who does that.)

This was different. On the rides I can see, but this was different
          Katie :yea:
          Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
          :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

I'm with DisneyKat, at least for tonight, everyone reciting the lines was cool, now if that happens every night, then yes it'd be like people singing along at a concert loud enough to drown out the singer. Doing it on the attractions themselves would bother me much more than during the E-tickets in the Sky any time though. On topic, the whole show was amazing, the castle looked great with the effects and lighting for each E-ticket.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

I have only listened to the soundtrack, the best part listening for me is the mainstreet part...made me tear up a little...the train announcement really does it! The rest is cool of course but that is my favorite part. May 27th 28th and 29th I will experience the real thing visually!
              When it's time to go home and visit...It's time to go to Disneyland!!!

Comment

I don't care much for the "remember when" song. Boring. Concidering LeeAnn Rhimes is one the best young vocalists there, the song is just too tedious for me.

Comment

I think every reciting the lines last night just made it that much more memorable...just my opinion.

Comment

I am not too happy about the inclusion of the "Wishes" music. If they are doing a new show, shouldn't there be new music? In the beginning, I was ok with the Wishes music. By the end, I was completely detached from the show because I felt that I was not immersed into the show.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have the Wishes soundtrack at home, at work and on my iPod. Take away the audio and fireworks are just pretty flashes of light in the sky. Give the fireworks a story and you have a show.

Example. If they shot a bunch of plain, individual white lights shooting to the top of the sky, it would seem drab. Add in the audio from the stretching room and you have emotion.

I liked the show, but I did not love the show. The E-Ticket elements were really wonderful. Tinkerbell is awe inspiring. The intro and closing music should have been an original composition.
                    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Yeah, the intro and closing music was sucky. Being that they were the only less than amazingfreaktacular elements, however, I'd have to rate this as the best thing Disneyland has done in decades!

Cleverist effect - Haunted Mansion stretch room

Funniest effect - Frontierland Shooting Gallery

Teary-eyed effect - Tinkerbell

Overall effect - blew me away

Comment

WHOA! WOW! OOOOOHHHHH! OH MY GOD!

That was my running dialog during this incredible show.

From the moment the music queues and Julie starts talking to the glorious endind, I was blown away. From the crowd of people reacting with familiarity by chanting along "This chamber has no windows and no doors....." to "Magnification" to the silly shooting gallery projection to the amazingly hot fire, to Tinkerbell's flight......it's all fantastic. I was enthralled, amazed, happy, emotional, and so very pleased.

I don't care that we didn't move at the end. I'm not sure my legs would've responded anyways.

Comment

Aw! I can't wait. I hear the E-Ticket in the sky part is freakin' worth the price of admission.

Does anyone know where I can get the soundtrack?
                          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

The show its self was worth the price and fighting the crowds. I told my wife that thankfully we did not live any closer to the park than we do or I would be there every night.

One of the things about the music that makes it, in my opinion, wonderful was the fact that not only did they use "Wishes" but they actually had bits from many of the past fireworks shows. It makes it a wonderful way to "Remember".

Comment

The wishes segment is wonderful. They added it in because, this was a celebration of the park that started it all. In the opening ceremonies they said something about why all the parks are celebration... To me they added wishes because this celebration was for all, disneyland, DLRP, WDW, DLRT

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                              ~

Comment

That was the best fireworks show i have ever seen. It gave tribute to such attractions as.......

Pirates of the Caribbean
                                The Haunted Mansion
                                Big Thunder Mounain Railroad
                                America Sings
                                Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
                                Splash Mountain
                                Frontierland Shootin' Exposition
                                Indiana Jones Adventure
                                Main Street Electrical Parade
                                Star Tours
                                Disneyland Railroad
                                Adventure thru Inner Space
                                Enchanted Tiki Room
                                Casey Jr. Circus Train
                                Peter Pan's Flight
                                Alice in Wonderland
                                Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Am i missing any others?
                                "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                                __________________________________________________________

Comment

Adventures thru Inner Space

Comment

the submarines

Comment

Space Mountain?
                                      Mark Twain.
                                      Where is Casey Jr.? I assume in the laughing place segment, but what part is from it?

Comment

Nope, didnt hear nothing from Space Mountain, during the the laughing place segment, casey say "All Aboard, lets go". I dont know about the Submarine Voyage and Mark Twain, where are those segments at?
                                        "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                                        __________________________________________________________

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X