Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the BPB on sunday and there were more than two deep watching it. And I happened to be in a spot where we got two show stops. It was a lot of fun singing with them and clapping and yes even screaming with them. Although the next time I see it, I will have the sun on my back, not my face. They do get a good arobic workout doing all the dance numbers they do. Yes I am glad they got something great like this at DCA.

Comment

YAY I love the response for DCA's Block Party Bash if you havent seen it, you NEED to. Parade of Dreams is very different from Block Party Bash... it is more traditional if you will. Block Party Bash is still Disney but with a "edge" as stated above in an earlier post. It is hard to compare the two and neither is better then the other. I just think that this is a great parade and wonderfuly executed with its energy and fun!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

I agree that parade of dreams is traditional. I like Block party Bash because its something fresh and new in my opion. its so lively! I feel like a wedding and nobody cares about what people think they just dance because they are having a good time.

Comment

I saw BPB on Sunday and was greatly surprised!! I hadn't planned on seeing it on my trip but happened to be over in DCA just as the parade was starting and boy, am I glad I stayed to watch...!

The green army men were a hoot and the parade itself was amazing!! So much energy from the performers and the infectious fun created was a joy!
          I really felt for the performers at how tough this parade must be....it was non-stop movement for 11 minutes...Every performer was top-notch and giving 100%...and the costumes were very clever at mixing all the Pixar movies into 1 costume...

I loved it!! A great addition to DCA....Pure fun...
          DannyBoy

Comment

I have to confess that I literally RAN out of the Park and into the Grand Cal when this parade started. The bad rendition of the overused, cliche wedding song, "Celebrate" was enough for my step to pick up to a nice clip. One day I will sit through it, but not when there are other, more exciting things to do.

Comment

aww Im sorry you missed it. most people say they are glad they didnt skip it.

Comment

I will see it one day, but I need to wait for the 50th Glow to dull a bit first. It is clouding my perception - in a great way!

Comment

I have to admit that "Celebrate" made me like BPB more than I would have otherwise, but maybe that's just because I was a gay man in a former life(kidding!). I thought BPB was fun but I wasn't completly taken with it like I was with POD. The BPB performers deserve major kudos, because their energy and their crowd skills are very impressive. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing POD again, not something I can say about BPB.

Comment

I personally still cant wait to see this. I think its a great addition to DCA, but I wish turtle talk and monsters were open so that DCA would get some bigger attendance numbers. I sure hope the have an increase when 2005 is over.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I just did "Turtle Talk with Crush" (featuring a personal appearance by Dory) at Epcot on Sunday, and it was such a cute little show!! Basic to say the least but lots of fun, and those of you at DCA will be up for a little treat!!!

Comment

BPB fits the theme of California, it's full of energy and it's like a PARTY! WOO HOO! haha. I can't wait to see it.

Comment

once all three new additions are up and running (turtle talk and monsters still left) I think there will be an attendance turn around and Block Party bash will get way more publicity from all the guests that it is missing now.

Comment

has anyone found a full-length video online yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DCADude
                              once all three new additions are up and running (turtle talk and monsters still left) I think there will be an attendance turn around and Block Party bash will get way more publicity from all the guests that it is missing now.
                              attendance has been turning around for DCA

and it's pretty popular with toursts who actualy do multiday visits

hopefully Turtle Talk will give the APers and fanboys reason to visit DCA more often
                              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider
                                attendance has been turning around for DCA

and it's pretty popular with toursts who actualy do multiday visits

hopefully Turtle Talk will give the APers and fanboys reason to visit DCA more often
                                SAY WHAT!!!!

Did you read Al Lutz latest, where he talked about how poorly DCA did in attendance the last week or so..

In today's Disney Conference Call that talked about the January thru March period, attendance was DOWN 3%....

If it wasn't for the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" tickets, and the cheapest 3 day ParkHoppers EVER!!!!, DCA would be a Ghost Town!!!!
                                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer
                                  SAY WHAT!!!!

Did you read Al Lutz latest, where he talked about how poorly DCA did in attendance the last week or so..

In today's Disney Conference Call that talked about the January thru March period, attendance was DOWN 3%....

If it wasn't for the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" tickets, and the cheapest 3 day ParkHoppers EVER!!!!, DCA would be a Ghost Town!!!!
                                  other sources contradict things

I figure it's somewere in the middle area

I do hear most toursts that actualy bother to stay multiple days say they enjoyed DCA

the problem is most people I know that visit DL as tourists are not interested in visiting multiple days they go "had an awsome time at Disneyland didn't really see that other place though *shrug* had to go on to the next destination"

there's also still alot of people that don't realize that their are two parks (as far as tourists season goes)

DCA's slowly building steam but it has massive fallout with pretty much anyone who actualy lives in California (imagine that)
                                  "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

So...shall we start taking bets on how long the Block Party will last??

Comment

hot green army men
                                      My Roadtrip Photos

Comment

why dont you think Block party Bash will last very long? If they keep it till after Monsters opens, they will have to keep it to have something for the guests. plus, its a popular parade anyway.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to weekends only in late August for the off-season.
                                          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X