This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    So...shall we start taking bets on how long the Block Party will last??
    hopefully for a while

I'd like to see them invest money in other areas of DCA

they are reworking things to were it's better but it honestly needs to grow

DCA has only added three actual growths since it opend (with one of them being closed)

stuff like BPB, Alladin, Turtle Talk and Monsters Inc are new but they've all replacing something so that doesn't really drive up the ride count or attraction time beyond what it was when the park first opend (though they area all improvements as far as crowd pleasing goes)

hopefully the thematic enhancement project will remove this whole treading water aspect a bit and simply rise the park up to were it should've been at opening and then they can move up and start making it what it needs to be now (with the future growth into a larger park and the actual adding of more things to do that take a while to do em)
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider
      DCA has only added three actual growths since it opend (with one of them being closed)
      Which three things are you thinking of? I can only remember ToT and Bug's Land. What's the third? Millionare?

Comment

Originally posted by grvtydefy
        Which three things are you thinking of? I can only remember ToT and Bug's Land. What's the third? Millionare?
        yep Millionare was a new building that was built

and it's the only one that's closed now

but yeah I don't care if they convert a resturant or squeeze another building in somewere the park needs something "new" that actualy brings the total count of things up

Comment

will there be a BPB track on a new DCA cd?

Comment

I don't know, but if you really want this music, I started a thread on getting the parade music released. The first post on the thread has different options for letting Disney know.
            Or just go the magicmusic.net, and post a message there. Randy Thornton, producer for all the albums, goes there and communicates with fans. Let him know.
            You can also send him a private message.

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=4254

magicmusic.net

Comment

thank you very much I will do that!

Comment

Originally posted by keith - SuPeR K!
                hot green army men
                someone wants to get busy with the army men!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  So...shall we start taking bets on how long the Block Party will last??
                  I'm wondering too... How long the performers will last. Well, they're already having another audition for performers for Block Party Bash on Saturday, May 21st and Sunday, May 22nd.

It's a nice parade, but I was expecting it to have more floats. The guest interaction part of Block Party Bash is great-- we need a bit of that on Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams.

Comment

I really enjoyed Block Party Bash!! I think it is a great addition to the park, and I hope it stays a lot longer than Eureka did. I think it is cool how they launch those mini souvenir nerf balls into the crowd at the end. I got one of those last time!

Comment

Originally posted by Moving Sidewalk
                      I'm wondering too... How long the performers will last. Well, they're already having another audition for performers for Block Party Bash on Saturday, May 21st and Sunday, May 22nd.

It's a nice parade, but I was expecting it to have more floats. The guest interaction part of Block Party Bash is great-- we need a bit of that on Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams.
                      well the difference is that Parade of Dreams has an emphasis on the parade part and a lesser emphasis on the showstops

Block Party is all about showstops and has a minor parade part (from my understanding)

Comment

I wouldn't say that Parade of Dreams has a larger emphasisi on the parade than the show stop. When I watched it there didn't seem to be anything going on during the parade. A lot of the specialty acts (Spanish Web, Bungee, tramps, etc) aren't allowed to perform while the floats move so i found that there wasn't much to watch as the floats went by....

Comment

I pray this stays for awhile. once turtle talk and monsters open, more guests will come into the park to experience it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout
                            I wouldn't say that Parade of Dreams has a larger emphasisi on the parade than the show stop. When I watched it there didn't seem to be anything going on during the parade. A lot of the specialty acts (Spanish Web, Bungee, tramps, etc) aren't allowed to perform while the floats move so i found that there wasn't much to watch as the floats went by....
                            Well, I think the show stop is just an ADDED bonus -- not that it has more emphasis. In previous parades, there hasn't really been special stuff on the floats. With Parade of Dreams, these are larger than life floats with soo much detail and it is just something SPECIAL when the specialty acts perform during the show stops. So I think the parade portion isn't that much different than previous or other parades...

Back to Block Party --- SOO MUCH fun! I got to watch it again last week with the Toy Story unit and those dancers are amazing. I even got chosen to dance with them -- felt ridiculous dancing with little children but was SOO mcuh fun. haha.

Comment

I absolutely love this show. The performers worked hard and it really showed.

I got to stand in front of the Monsters Inc. float and I thinks it's incredibly creative, in design and execution. Anyone seen any of the other floats?

When I was there, the crowd got a huge kick out of the army men, but were a little apprehensive when the party first started. (No one jumped during the first act)

By the end, though, everyone really was "dancing in the street."

Awesome show/party/parade, can't wait to go back just to stand in front of another float (and get a better chance at one of those bouncy balls.

Comment

I am sorry to say, we never did see it last week.
                                One problem for us was the time of day, 5:30pm.
                                We only went to DCA in the mornings since it is so hot there, and I stayed long enough to see Aladdin 12:00 on Friday. I wanted to see it but we always returned to Disneyland at around that time for the evening, and we didn't want to get caught up in that snake of people going into the park when DCA closes at six. My husband refused to go see it because he was sick of hearing it on that screen that plays it 24 hours a day at that loud loud decible. We heard from several people it was good though.
                                Maybe next year if its there. I just don't seem to feel like staying at that park for long periods of time.
                                Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

just found it this wont be on the next DCA cd. sad sad sad

Comment

Jspider, I want to know about this thematic enhancement project...

Comment

I just saw Block Party Bash yesterday. LOVED IT! The performers had sooo much energy! I was at the first (red i believe) "Party Zone" and by the time the stop was done they were all sweating madly. I can't believe they do more stops and keep up that energy. Can't wait to see it again!
                                      Do you like catching up on the latest Disney news? Then check out the News section here on MiceChat!

Plus the show. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                                        Jspider, I want to know about this thematic enhancement project...
                                        me too but all we have are rumors for now

I just know that there is one and that reliable sources (and Jim Hill ) have all said that it's going to happen

we maybe left guessing about this until it actualy starts

Comment

will it happen before the show gets in the gates?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X