X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCADude
    replied
    can anyone find a full length video for me? I wont be able to experience this until summer.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied
    When I first read about Block Party Bash, and that was month's ago, the explanation was. "Spontaneous entertainment with characters happening many times throughout the day". Sounds like they changed their minds and made it one big event, paradelike, with an actual showtime. I guess the otherway, people would not have known when it was happening, and therfore, could not schedule it into their day.

Either way, we are looking forward to catching it when we are there for the anniversary. We are coming for 7 days, 6 nights, and have scheduled 2 days to visit DCA. Traveling with 4 kids, we want to be able to leisurely visit both parks and not be rushed to do everything in 2 days. Besides we are there for the 17th of July, and that day, we may not get near a ride, but we are sure to be kept busy with other anniversary things, like pin shopping, trading, penny smashing, parade, fireworks and Fantasmic watching. Everything sounds wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• Moving Sidewalk
    replied
    Originally posted by keith - SuPeR K!
    actually in dca the parade route is called the "performance corridor"
    Is that so? :confused: The Entertainment Times Guide (at least the ones for May 16-May 19 & May 20-May 22) lists Block Party Bash under "Stage Shows & Parades", with the note "Party Zones along Parade Route".

And they call the Cast Member leads for Block Party Bash: "Parade 1, Parade 2, and Parade 3"

In the end, call it whatever you like. But for a board like this where people seem to like abbreviations and don't bother to capitalize the first word in a sentence, you should be a bit more forgiving-- after all it's quicker to type "parade" vs. "entertainment event"...

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    OK, the Green Army Men where really funny, they run the show really...

The dancers put out a lot of energy, you have to give them a hand...

The event floats are well thought out and fun to watch...

But I didn't like the "dance" sequince... And I was not really liking the music or the tempo of it... You want to talk about not cool... I would rather do the Hussle than Staying Alive, and I would rather do Rock Lobster over the Macarena... And what is with Kool and the Gang on speed? The song is jubalent enough, and they increased the tempo making it awful...

Ok, enough griping... All and all, it was OK... I don't think it really is something that is going to drive people into the park over a long term basis...

Leave a comment:

• eyes_of_mara
    replied
    I was surprised by the amount of pixar characters they were able to bring to life! I would have to say that Heimlich is my favorite...

Leave a comment:

• DCADude
    replied
    I dont care what its called it looks cool either way.

Leave a comment:

• tcsnwhite
    replied
    Well, on Disneyland.com, they used to list it as an entertainment event, but now it is listed under parades. So, call it a parade/street show!

Leave a comment:

• keith - SuPeR K!
    replied
    Originally posted by Moving Sidewalk
    Aww, we can't call it a parade? But it does travel down the parade route.
    actually in dca the parade route is called the "performance corridor"

Leave a comment:

• DCADude
    replied
    who cares it looks AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• Moving Sidewalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkbeer
    First off, it is an entertainment "event", not a parade...
    Aww, we can't call it a parade? But it does travel down the parade route. And it sounds strange to call them "entertainment event floats" (versus parade floats)... Yes, yes, I should know better... parade, party, celebration, street spectacular, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Darkbeer
    replied
    First off, it is an entertainment "event", not a parade...

Originally posted by A CM from a post at MousePlanet.com

Actually, as cast members we are told not to call it a parade, because it simply isn't one. Its a bash, a show, a street party. Definitely not a parade.

Leave a comment:

• 100th Dalmation
    replied
    I have a question about the parade. I thought there were Nerf balls being used to hit the targets on the cones. They were throwing beach balls at the targets and, of course, they couldn't even make it to the targets. What happened to the Nerf balls?

Leave a comment:

• DCADude
    replied
    will it happen before the show gets in the gates?

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Originally posted by speederscout
    Jspider, I want to know about this thematic enhancement project...
    me too but all we have are rumors for now

I just know that there is one and that reliable sources (and Jim Hill ) have all said that it's going to happen

we maybe left guessing about this until it actualy starts

Leave a comment:

• 100th Dalmation
    replied
    I just saw Block Party Bash yesterday. LOVED IT! The performers had sooo much energy! I was at the first (red i believe) "Party Zone" and by the time the stop was done they were all sweating madly. I can't believe they do more stops and keep up that energy. Can't wait to see it again!

Leave a comment:

• speederscout
    replied
    Jspider, I want to know about this thematic enhancement project...

Leave a comment:

• DCADude
    replied
    just found it this wont be on the next DCA cd. sad sad sad

Leave a comment:

• travelmom
    replied
    I am sorry to say, we never did see it last week.
    One problem for us was the time of day, 5:30pm.
    We only went to DCA in the mornings since it is so hot there, and I stayed long enough to see Aladdin 12:00 on Friday. I wanted to see it but we always returned to Disneyland at around that time for the evening, and we didn't want to get caught up in that snake of people going into the park when DCA closes at six. My husband refused to go see it because he was sick of hearing it on that screen that plays it 24 hours a day at that loud loud decible. We heard from several people it was good though.
    Maybe next year if its there. I just don't seem to feel like staying at that park for long periods of time.

Leave a comment:

• jepple
    replied
    I absolutely love this show. The performers worked hard and it really showed.

I got to stand in front of the Monsters Inc. float and I thinks it's incredibly creative, in design and execution. Anyone seen any of the other floats?

When I was there, the crowd got a huge kick out of the army men, but were a little apprehensive when the party first started. (No one jumped during the first act)

By the end, though, everyone really was "dancing in the street."

Awesome show/party/parade, can't wait to go back just to stand in front of another float (and get a better chance at one of those bouncy balls.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralShang
    replied
    Originally posted by Scout
    I wouldn't say that Parade of Dreams has a larger emphasisi on the parade than the show stop. When I watched it there didn't seem to be anything going on during the parade. A lot of the specialty acts (Spanish Web, Bungee, tramps, etc) aren't allowed to perform while the floats move so i found that there wasn't much to watch as the floats went by....
    Well, I think the show stop is just an ADDED bonus -- not that it has more emphasis. In previous parades, there hasn't really been special stuff on the floats. With Parade of Dreams, these are larger than life floats with soo much detail and it is just something SPECIAL when the specialty acts perform during the show stops. So I think the parade portion isn't that much different than previous or other parades...

Back to Block Party --- SOO MUCH fun! I got to watch it again last week with the Toy Story unit and those dancers are amazing. I even got chosen to dance with them -- felt ridiculous dancing with little children but was SOO mcuh fun. haha.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X