X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrouchyRob
    replied
    Re: Longest wait for a ride

2+ hours for Space when it (originally) opened. 2nd on the list is Splash at a little under 2 hours.

Leave a comment:

• HDAlien
    replied

4 hours for that primo waterfront stage center sacred viewing spot for Fantasmic, does that count? Otherwise 3 hours for Rocket Rods.

HDAlien
    Last edited by HDAlien; 10-09-2006, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrimmGreen
    replied

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
    for me it was Star Tours. six years. Ewwww.
    I saw it was under construction in 1986 and I did not get to ride it until 1992.
    well if we are going to play that game , i rode space mountain in 1997 , and did'nt get to ride it agin untill it re opened in 2005 ,

Leave a comment:

• Shoppingbear
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Maybe 45 min. for Monsters, Inc. when it was fairly new in March 2006.
    Ahhh, that explains a lot, if it was new last winter: we were going over to check it out for the first time around the same time (March or Feb) and as we walked up, we were shocked at how long the line was. Then we heard the CM who was walking down the line towards its start and saying "Folks, just so you can make an informed decision, from right about here, it's at least 45 minutes, for a THREE minute ride!" :lol: We looked at each other and decided to pass for that day, and didn't end up riding it for several months. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• painted windows
    replied

I think I waited 3 hours for Rocket Rods when it opened.Boyyy was that worth the wait:lol:

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

for me it was Star Tours. six years. Ewwww.
    I saw it was under construction in 1986 and I did not get to ride it until 1992.

As far as acutal wait in a line, I would say maybe an hour for the subs back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• WannaCub
    replied

The longest wait for me, yesterday, was 20 minutes for the FastPass line at the Mansion.

But the longest was Rocket Rods...3 hours...eww!

Leave a comment:

• VeganPrincess
    replied

Maybe 45 min. for Monsters, Inc. when it was fairly new in March 2006. I've had some long waits for Autopia also. Peter Pan is always a long wait.

Other than that, ususally not more than 15 min. because I always use FASTPASS!

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

If you count DCA, it would be Soarin' Over Califonia,
    over 4 hours. It was a preview day in DCA, and the
    only thing I hadn't done in the Park.

Leave a comment:

• duckiedianne
    replied

Originally posted by almandot View Post
    Come to think about it, was anyone here in line for Pirates on that official opening Monday where it went through frontierland and all the way under the main street entry bridge? That would prolly be the longest but I dunno how fast it went heh. I went on the Sunday soft opening and was in WDW the next day so missed out on the entire-park-line funness
    My friend's AP was expiring that day so we decided to head into the park not knowing that they were reopening the ride. We watched the line for a little and decided that it was moving pretty fast so we got in line. It stretched out pretty far but it actually only took us 45 min to get on the ride!

Leave a comment:

• Momzilla59
    replied

Our very first trip to Disneyland - 2 hours and a bit more for Pirates.

The only other thing I've EVER waited in line for longer than that has been concerts!

Leave a comment:

• Mathius
    replied

About 60 minutes for California Screamin.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

Indy... 3 hours to.... BREAKDOWN!!
    Boy that ride had bugs!

And 2.5 for Rocket Rods. I miss those.

Leave a comment:

• grewupdown
    replied

Has to be Indy when the line started on Main Street. Once we got in the building the line didn't seem as bad because we had the nifty code to try to figure out! For a non-ride...8 hours for a pin on July 17th. Now that is something I will never do again!!! I'm not even a pin collector! lol

Leave a comment:

• hollywood1939
    replied

Originally posted by PJW View Post
    ... not knowing that some rides waiting areas are really hidden (roger rabbit!!)......
    I couldn't agree more. I thought they were lying when they said 65 minutes but you can't tell how long the line was! Never again.

Leave a comment:

• brigeet
    replied

I can't remember because I was pretty young, but the longest wait was for Splash Mountain when it first opened. When we were in line it broke down too, so everyone sat down to wait. Then finally the CMs told us it wouldn't be working for a while and gave us all back of the line passes. It broke down when we got to the front, and we waited there for quite a while, so I'm thinking we must have been in line over 3 hours, possibly up to 4.

Leave a comment:

• FantasyForever
    replied

Rocket Rods, about 3.5 or 4 hours. The line was nightmare. People were sleeping.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Come to think about it, was anyone here in line for Pirates on that official opening Monday where it went through frontierland and all the way under the main street entry bridge? That would prolly be the longest but I dunno how fast it went heh. I went on the Sunday soft opening and was in WDW the next day so missed out on the entire-park-line funness
    I was there - at park opening the line was at the flag pole on main street (EE people were blocked off at the entrance to Frontierland) as soon as the rope dropped the line really moved - and we got onto the boat within 50 minutes. Later that day - we went again when the line was back to the Mark Twain and only waited 20 minutes. They had every boat running!

Leave a comment:

• PJW
    replied

Originally posted by Tooliebear View Post
    That's... wow... uhhh...

For some of you who waited for several hours... WHY?? :lol: No disrespect, I just mean... was it because this was your once-in-a-blue-moon trip to DLR, or you couldn't wait until your next trip for a ride, or... what?
    On my next trip we will not wait as long for anything, but bieng the first trip, not knowing that some rides waiting areas are really hidden (roger rabbit!!) and a 2yo that wanted to ride everything......

Leave a comment:

• mycroft16
    replied

We walked into the park and asked the security guy what the line was and just about fainted... but we got lucky and got on the ride with a 3minute wait at about 11:30pm. It had broken down and they cleared the line but my brother-in-law went over to ask about it and the CM said they would be opening in about 10 minutes so he called us on the cell and we ran straight over and eneded up only waiting about 3 minutes. Was awesome. Longest we waited for it that week was about 35 minutes.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X