This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Fantasmic! from the Disney Gallery

We're going to DL on Nov. 11th for my birthday and I was wondering if watching Fantasmic! from the Disney Gallery is worth it. I know it costs like $60/person and you get a dessert buffet. I'm sure the view is great, but what about the audio? Do they have they're own speakers in the balcony?
    sigpic
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Re: Watching Fantasmic! from the Disney Gallery

No special audio. If it were me, I would wait til the second showing of it because now, they have a rope around the viewing area which allows all the poeple from the previous showing to get out and start off with an empty viewing area. If youre watching the fireworks, watch them next to the entrance of Frontierland and just b4 the finale, run over to Fantasmic and you will get awesome seats without waiting for too long. I do it every time and it works like a charm!

Comment

Since this is a special occasion you might consider it worth it. However, if there are any kids going you might want to consider viewing it from the other area they have set up closer to the Haunted Mansion and also has a very good view and the same desert buffet. It is the same price for Adults, but Children are cheaper. In the Gallery they price is the same for everyone.

If you do decide to do it, remember to book as soon as the 30 day window opens. If you are going on Nov 11th, that would be on Oct 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
        No special audio. If it were me, I would wait til the second showing of it because now, they have a rope around the viewing area which allows all the poeple from the previous showing to get out and start off with an empty viewing area. If youre watching the fireworks, watch them next to the entrance of Frontierland and just b4 the finale, run over to Fantasmic and you will get awesome seats without waiting for too long. I do it every time and it works like a charm!
        Are you saying that if you watch the first viewing at 9pm, that you can't stay and watch the 925pm fireworks?

Comment

You can stay and watch the second performance if you want to. You just need to let the Bumble Bee's know what you are doing. You might need to step to the side for a few moments, but you can stay.

If you are referring to the fireworks show which start right after Fantasmic ends, there aren't too many good spots to view it there. Your best bet is as mentioned above. Watch them from the entrance then head over to see the second show. But folks line up for that even before the first show is finished. Tough call.

We enjoy watching Fantasmic from our front row table at the River Belle. Nothing beats having a warm cinnamon roll and hot chocolate (and padded chair!) while enjoying the show.

Have fun!

Comment

Back to the original question...

Yes, it is worth it to us. We have enjoyed the dessert buffet three times now. Be sure and get there early, so you can get a front row seat. Enjoying the show from there adds a lot to an already special occassion.

Someone posted here a while back that the seats were assigned, but that wasn't the case each time that we were there. First come, first served, type of thing.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by iluvdisney01 View Post
              We're going to DL on Nov. 11th for my birthday and I was wondering if watching Fantasmic! from the Disney Gallery is worth it. I know it costs like $60/person and you get a dessert buffet. I'm sure the view is great, but what about the audio? Do they have they're own speakers in the balcony?
              "Worth it" depends on your priorities. I've had Fantasmic! reserved seating at both the Disney Gallery and down below closer to Rivers of America. Both locations have their merits. The balcony seats are in higher demand and there are fewer seats available there. The view is clear and you do feel special, farther away from the crowds.

However, if you want to feel closer to elements of the show, such as feeling a little of the water mist and feeling the heat of the fire, then riverside seating is better.

If you or any other guests have already seen Fantasmic! before, then I would recommend the balcony seats for a different kind of experience. However, if any of your guests have never seen Fantasmic! before, then I think someone's "first" viewing should be closer to the river.

Also, if you're celebrating a birthday, sometimes a Cast Member in the reserved seating area by Rivers of America may incorporate the massive crowd and do something special.

But, yes, I think it's worth it for special occasions. And, the desserts are scrumptious.
              Last edited by DisneyDaniel; 10-06-2006, 03:45 PM.
              Yes, I do LOVE Disney California Adventure. Disneyland is not so bad either ;-)

• See my photography regularly in MiceChat's "In The Parks" updates, published each Friday.
              • Follow my theme-park adventures on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThemeParkTimes

Comment

My family thinks it is worth it. We had a great time. You can't see the firworks as good as you can from the front of the castle, but it was still great to sit and watch them from there.

Comment

Are the desserts similar to the Club 33 desserts in the lunch buffet?

Comment

in my opinion, its totally worth it!!! i did the balcony seating for F! a couple years ago, and its very awesome! not only do you get a great view of the show but you get all you can eat desserts and drinks as well before the show!

Comment

Thanks for all the info! We've all seen Fantasmic! before so I think I might call and make reservations for the second showing. Hopefully I can get six seats when I call. So, how much is it exactly per person? And can I use my AP discount and Disney Visa Rewards?

By the way, how was the dessert buffet and the service?
                      Last edited by iluvdisney01; 10-06-2006, 03:58 PM. Reason: Forgot something!
                      sigpic
                      "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Comment

Thanks for all the info! We've all seen Fantasmic! before so I think I might call and make reservations for the second showing. Hopefully I can get six seats when I call. So, how much is it exactly per person? And can I use my AP discount and Disney Visa Rewards?

By the way, how was the dessert buffet and the service?
                        There are no discounts, but you can use your Visa Rewards card and get the points as for 6 its a few points!

The desserts in the balcony area do vary, but generally, there will be a couple cakes, cheesecake, sometimes cheese and crackers and fruit, I think chocolate covered strawberries, soda, hot chocolate, hot tea, coffee, water.

In Riverside, chocolate cake, biscotti, a raspberry or strawberry filled shortcake cookies, rice crispie mickey heads, chocolate covered strawberries, and the same drinks as above. On occasion, they have had cheesecake there. We LOVE teh desserts at Riverside, we do it more often.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

i've been wanting to do this as well. i've NEVER seen fantasmic and i'd love for it to be special like that. my bf saw it opening day so i keep telling him "i want to do the dessert buffet!" sounds scrumptious!!!
                          kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

it's totally worth it! you can hear everything perfectly. there is no one walking in front of you, pushing past you, or arriving at the last minute and taking up your last bit of space. plus you can stay up there to watch the fireworks.
                            A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                            :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is very much worth it. The balcony and the river side are two different experiences. For the balcony, be on the phone on Oct 11th right at 8am (or whatever time they open the phones). There are only something like 12 seats and they seat you in order of your call. The great part of the balcony is the view. Wow! The sound is perfect and it's own speakers are not necessary. The dessert was different and smaller than what we had at the river side. My friends and I who went (4 of us) were seated last and by the time we got in there, the food was half eaten. We were bummed to not be able to get pictures and actually see what was there. There is just not alot of room up there and they were trying to get people fed and seated before the show. But, aside from that, really the view is terrific.

The river side is truly first come, first serve. They wait for everyone to be seated, they ask for your drink order and then you get up to eat. There was a bigger variety of food and we were able to enjoy/see what was being served before everyone dug into it. The seating is in front of the haunted mansion. There are people standing below you. Many parents try to put their child on their shoulders, but cast members ask them to not do that. (Not a place to stand if that is what you want to do.) For now on, this is where we want to be.

Go for it! And enjoy yourself. If you don't get enough seats for the balcony, you will still enjoy yourself at the rivers edge. Ask them if there are any discounts like AP, Chase Credit card, etc.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X