• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbossa
    Infinitized!
    • Jan 2005

New Theme Park near Queen Mary ?

Does Disney still own the land near the Queen Mary? I remember they wanted to build a Disney Seas/Epcot style theme park out there. Are they still thinking about building something there or has that project been shelved? :confused:
  • Robert951
    Luckiest Man Alive!
    • Jan 2005

If I remember correctly, our former President (the one before W. - I can't say or type his name without spitting) gave away that land to the Chinese for a port.
    Robert
    B5, Marcus Cole:
    I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair, then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserved them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe........

Comment

• SCUBAbe
      no flash photography...
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Barbossa
      Does Disney still own the land near the Queen Mary? I remember they wanted to build a Disney Seas/Epcot style theme park out there. Are they still thinking about building something there or has that project been shelved? :confused:
      they were planning this park when they had the lease for the Queen Mary. There is a lot of land around the Queen Mary that is part of the lease. They found the city of long beach to difficult to work with and pulled out of the Queen Mary lease. The ship sat closed for a while before the RMS foundation picked it up. Those operators have several plans for the land, but last I heard none of them were for a theme park. Some of the idea I've heard bounced around were a marina, condos and restauarnt, but I don't think anything has come of those ideas yet.

Comment

• Not Afraid
        Gay Man
        • Jan 2005

My Fair City of Long Beach blew it with Disney for the theme park idea. The grand plans for LB were the basis for the beautiful Disney Seas in Tokyo (notice the Queen Mary background?). The area downtown is still being developed or in plans for development. There is a LOT of revitialization going on in Downtown LB which is home to the biggest port on the West Coast. The Pike has recently opened and brand new, state of the art docks opened on the land that was formally a Naval base. A major cruise line has started to operate out of the former home of the Spruce Goose , docking next to the QM. But, Disney was not to be part of the plans. My own take is that there were too many big egos involved. Disney certainly has a giant one and The City, being a very large and vital economic city has it's own. The two didn't mesh.

Don't look for anything further to happen here - at least with Disney. They have cut their connections with LB.

Comment

• lacakid
          • Oct 2005

Re: New Theme Park near Queen Mary ?

Robert151 - Just wanted to let you know the president before "W." was President Bill Clinton

T--

Comment

• Disney Analyst
            Behind the refurb walls..
            • Apr 2005

Re: New Theme Park near Queen Mary ?

^ Hahahah, best post ever!

It sounds like it would of been sweet!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
            ~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X