Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

    Hi, I'm a CM at DL and work in a couple of buffeteria restaurants. As some of you may know, one of the things that we're doing for the YOAMD is "magical moments" at the buffeteria style restaurants (sorry, I can't speak at all for any other type of restaurant). One of the (if not the only) magical moments that we're doing is the table service treatment. Basically, we pick a guest and party out of line (or as they walk in) and sit them at a reserved, table-cloth'd table and give them a souvenir menu to order from. We give them full table service treatment in a non-table service restaurant. But you probably already knew all of that.

    Here's how it works (and I'm speaking for one specific restaurant in DL, but I imagine the others work very similarly): all the times that these events will happen have been chosen randomly and are already decided through the first week of November! There's actually a chart backstage that lists the times for every day for the next month. They are spread out throughout the day and are three times a day. The chart lists all the times of the day (every 15 minutes) and for each day a square corresponding to one 15 minute time is blacked out. I'm not sure if we're doing it at the exact time listed though or if it means we do it sometime after that :15-time but before the next one (some time during the 15 minute interval). Sorry, I'll have to find that out, maybe tomorrow.

    Here's another hint: the CM that's sent out to find the party to do this for has practically full discretion over who they choose. They can pick anyone (and here's the kicker) as long as they're a party of 4 or less! For my location, we are apparently only doing it for parties of 4 or less, because that's the table size that we set up.

    Hopefully, this wasn't a waste of space on the board. Thank you for reading!

  • #2
    Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

    Originally posted by wave789 View Post
    Hi, I'm a CM at DL and work in a couple of buffeteria restaurants. As some of you may know, one of the things that we're doing for the YOAMD is "magical moments" at the buffeteria style restaurants (sorry, I can't speak at all for any other type of restaurant). One of the (if not the only) magical moments that we're doing is the table service treatment. Basically, we pick a guest and party out of line (or as they walk in) and sit them at a reserved, table-cloth'd table and give them a souvenir menu to order from. We give them full table service treatment in a non-table service restaurant. But you probably already knew all of that.

    Here's how it works (and I'm speaking for one specific restaurant in DL, but I imagine the others work very similarly): all the times that these events will happen have been chosen randomly and are already decided through the first week of November! There's actually a chart backstage that lists the times for every day for the next month. They are spread out throughout the day and are three times a day. The chart lists all the times of the day (every 15 minutes) and for each day a square corresponding to one 15 minute time is blacked out. I'm not sure if we're doing it at the exact time listed though or if it means we do it sometime after that :15-time but before the next one (some time during the 15 minute interval). Sorry, I'll have to find that out, maybe tomorrow.

    Here's another hint: the CM that's sent out to find the party to do this for has practically full discretion over who they choose. They can pick anyone (and here's the kicker) as long as they're a party of 4 or less! For my location, we are apparently only doing it for parties of 4 or less, because that's the table size that we set up.

    Hopefully, this wasn't a waste of space on the board. Thank you for reading!
    As much as I appreciate this info, maybe It should be kept to yourelf so it is not misused.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

      Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
      As much as I appreciate this info, maybe It should be kept to yourelf so it is not misused.
      It's not like I revealed my restaurant or any of the times... And I don't plan to.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

        On the contrary, I found this post incredibly helpful. Thank you wave789 for posting. There's nothing in this post that can be "misused", as far as I can tell.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

          Interesting info, it also points out that it has nothing to do with families. Thanks!
          -Jack :geek:
          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

            it's just an example of some of the things being done that aren't advertised. very clever idea. a small thing that really makes someone's day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

              Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
              it's just an example of some of the things being done that aren't advertised. very clever idea. a small thing that really makes someone's day.
              make someone dream come true !

              so not bigger than four.

              maybe party of one Me




              Toy Story Mania construction:
              Older photo
              New Photo

              Member of
              MiceChat WDW Trip
              Next trip
              2014 Dec, 31

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                I know which restaurant
                Love WoC!!!

                Next DL trip: August 2011

                "What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
                -Walt Disney

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                  Originally posted by DLR29 View Post
                  I know which restaurant

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                    I'm confused....what is "buffeteria" ????

                    What is "table service" ????

                    What is a "souvenir menu"....one with more expensive prices?

                    Is it a free meal?

                    That'd be nice.
                    2007 Photos:
                    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                    More 2007 Photos:
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                    2006 Photos:
                    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                      Originally posted by Pisces View Post
                      I'm confused....what is "buffeteria" ????

                      What is "table service" ????
                      If I understand correctly, a "buffeteria" would be Riverbelle Terrace (go through a line, order and pay for your food, pick it up and find a table)

                      and "table service" would be Carnation Cafe (be seated and a waiter comes by and takes your order/brings your food/takes your money when you are done).
                      Be Nice or Leave

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                        Other examples...

                        French Market or Plaza Inn - buffeteria

                        Blue Bayou/Cafe Orleans - table service.

                        --Barry
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                          Originally posted by Pisces View Post
                          I'm confused....what is "buffeteria" ????

                          What is "table service" ????

                          What is a "souvenir menu"....one with more expensive prices?

                          Is it a free meal?

                          That'd be nice.
                          Buffeteria is like Plaza Inn, Piza Port, Riverbelle.

                          The "table service" is a magical moment, where they select a group, seat them at a table, they use the same menu available a the restaurant, only they have CMs serve them instead of getting it themselves.

                          The meal is not free, you pay just as you had planned to when you walk in. But you dodn't have to hassle with the lines or drink refills, the CMs take care of it.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                            Originally posted by wave789 View Post
                            Hi, I'm a CM at DL and work in a couple of buffeteria restaurants. As some of you may know, one of the things that we're doing for the YOAMD is "magical moments" at the buffeteria style restaurants

                            YOAMD ~ Must be the new version of :

                            "IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?"

                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :lol:
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                              FYI...a rather long thread on this service exists from last week:

                              http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39982

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                                Nuclear Family Strikes Back!

                                I can just see the t-shirts some families will wear to the park: "Party of 4" (or 3 in Frogberto's case).


                                But since this dream still costs, maybe not?

                                Thanks for the "behind the scenes" scoop!
                                How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                                :monkey: :monkey:

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                                  Originally posted by DLR29 View Post
                                  I know which restaurant
                                  as do i

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                                    Wouldn't the fact that Disney is using table cloths and a higher level of service only accentuate to all the rest of the patrons how limited and relatively thoughtless the service at the restaurant is normally?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                                      When Disney selects certain guests for special treatment of any sort, it should be done discreetly.

                                      For example, a better idea would be to create a chef's table in the kitchen of the restaurant and invite guests to dine there.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Insider information for buffeteria magical moments: table service!

                                        oh come on, how can you base the performance of a restaurant on the fact that they have a table set aside for special treatment for there promotion. Also, the point of this promotion is to make someones day, make then feel special, and too make sure everyone knows about it. The kitchen would be way to noisey, not too mention dirty. Kitchens are never nice.

                                        If you want it to from now on be discreet, I think we should then make the grand marshalls discreet and only have them backstage for the CMS too see.






                                        ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                        ~

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X