Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most Fascinating Imagineering Effect(s)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Fascinating Imagineering Effect(s)

So what are the most fascinating effects you think Imagineers did a good job on in Disney theme park history?

I think they did a good job with the Haunted Mansion Stretch room, ballroom, the Davy Jones Mist effects, the very advanced AA's like Lucky, Jack Sparrow, etc., the Almighty Microscope, the forced perspective they use when creating their environments, how they can hide things, etc.

Re: The Most Fascinating Imagineering Effect(s)

(Moved from Imagineering Lab Club)

Comment

Flying through the Stars over Neverland is amazing every time I see it.
      Floating Leota Head.
      Ballroom/Hitchhiking Ghosts (even though it's simple they did it perfectly).
      Blending one land into another (change in pavement from Frontierland to NOS).
      The flood waters in Pooh (again, simple, but perfect)

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

People mover "speed tunnel", Thunder Mtn dino bones, Mr. Lincoln, Peter Pan view of London.

Comment

The Beauty and the Beast sequence in the Animation building.
          Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
          Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
          Disneyland Paris: 2010
          Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
          Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
          Efteling:2011
          Lotte World: 2012

Comment

The Hopper AA in "It's Tough To Be A Bug!" never fails to amaze me.
            Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

i like the rain effect in Pooh , also i know its just the "peppers ghost" effect but the end effect in Pinochio impresses me every time.

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

I like how they turned an orange grove into
                a street from the early 1900's, Jungle that covers
                several continents, an old west town, an area
                where fairy tales come alive complete with the
                Matterhorn from Switzerland, and a place where
                you can travel into outer space. Those are the
                most magical effects!
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                  Flying through the Stars over Neverland is amazing every time I see it.
                  The flood waters in Pooh (again, simple, but perfect)
                  Originally posted by GrimmGreen View Post
                  i like the rain effect in Pooh...
                  Absolutely agree on all counts. I love Peter Pan, the floating over London and then over Neverland is great!

Also, I think the waters and rain in Pooh is done very well, love the effect.
                  "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer )

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                    I like how they turned an orange grove into
                    a street from the early 1900's, Jungle that covers
                    several continents, an old west town, an area
                    where fairy tales come alive complete with the
                    Matterhorn from Switzerland, and a place where
                    you can travel into outer space. Those are the
                    most magical effects!
                    Yes, possibly the best effect the Disney Imagineers made yet :lol:.

Also I love how they were able to hide things like the outside world and Interstate 5. I never new Interstate 5 was so close to Tomorrowland!

Plus I like how the imagineers were able to hide backstage things and play with our minds by using forced perspective.

Comment

The "hole" effect at the end of Rodger Rabbit always elicits a smile from me.

Comment

My favorite is the ride mechanism for Soarin' and here's the reason: I saw a tv special on it and the imagineer who created got the idea while at home and built a conceptual model from his own erector set! They even showed the model he built, it really was close!

HDAlien
                        HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                        "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by blubayou33 View Post
                          The "hole" effect at the end of Rodger Rabbit always elicits a smile from me.
                          I was thinking the same thing. I think I was 14 the first time I rode that and I was just amazed.
                          I think Mission Space is an incredible experience. Even though I don't feel right for a few hours afterwards.
                          I have been very impressed the the Davy Jones waterfall. When I heard descriptions of it before I was able to see it in person I thought it was projected on a waterfall kind of like fantasmic. When I got there I kept waiting for the water to stop so the boat could go through. Then I notice they just went through. But from a distance it really looked like water to me.

I love all the AAs. You can't go to another theme park and see anything like them. Even the most simple Disney AAs beat the best anyone else has. I still stare in awe at the first Jack Sparrow AA. Hopper is great too. I now go to that just to see hopper.

I also think Turtle Talk is great. It really makes kids feel like they are talking to Crush. My son is still a little too young to appreciate it but in another year or so I think he will just love it.

I think that my all time greatest Imagineering effect is the Tower of Terror at Disney MGM. Not knowing anything about it the first time that I rode it I was shocked when the elevator left the shaft and moved forward through the room. The doorway to the drop shaft starts as a single point of light then expands into a slit and opens. It is one of the all-time great rides and effects.
                          Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X