• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CursedPirate79
    New MiceChatter
    • Jul 2006

Opinion's of The Jedi Academy

I saw the Jedi Academy trainning and I thought it was pretty cool, but I wish that adults could do it to looks like something that would be fun.
  • Sam
    Up is Down
    • May 2005

Re: Opinion's of The Jedi Academy

I think it is a very cool show I like it I wish I could do it too! Would love to fight Maul!!!!!!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

• Mac Daddy
      Nikon +Disneyland = :)
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      • Jun 2005

The little kids were eating this up when I saw it last Wednesday. EVERYONE wanted to be a jedi. At the very least, it's a MUCH better use of that space than "Club Buzz."

Comment

• wolfy
        Still wants to be a cat!
        • Jan 2005

All I know it was very crowded there on Saturday, couldn't get near it to see anything......
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• justjohn
          Mr. Faranheit
          • Jul 2006

We saw this on Tuesday and it was one of the cutest things we had ever seen. The kids were screaming to get in and looked in awe of the Jedi's. Then the look in there eyes when Vader and Maul came out was hilarious! Some of the kids looked like they wanted to run away! You should have seen the pride they had when the received their Padawan certificates. Almost made me wish I had kids!

Almost but not quite yet...
          Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

• Sam
            Up is Down
            • May 2005

yes the look on the kids faces when VAder comes out is great!
            The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

• minnietoo
              Sun Wheel survivor!
              • Aug 2006

Its all about the kids - and the kids love it - so it's all good
              sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

• piratesmom
                • Jan 2005

We went last tuesday, the kids had half day so we went for the afternoon and evening, and went to the Jedi Academy and I have 2 boys ages 6 and 3 and my youngest step daughter is 8 and they were all jumping up and down to be chosen and my daughter Makaylla was chosen and she was so exicited, my oldest son Andrew was a bit dissapointed, but looked relieved when Darth Vader came out, I think Andrew was a bit overwhelmed by it.

Makaylla had a fun time and got to fight Darth Maul,and she got her Jedi Academy diploma after. Andrew has decided that he will try next time.

I think it was great, I personally enjoyed it and the kids and adults around us had a great time do. Hubby was bummmed that he was too old.

I find it amazing the Disneyland suits take so long to do these changes and add things, like the Halloweentime, who wouldn't like Disneyland during halloween? I think it is the best change to come along so far!!
                www.reveles.net
                "a whole lot of nothin"

Comment

• pixie chick
                  Prefect

• Jun 2005

Do the kids who don't get chosen get the certificates, too? I was SUPER excited about this until I saw the "randomly-selected" clause in the Times Guide. Too bad they didn't set it up so more kids could participate.

I think I'll have to go check it out before I take my own little Padawan to see if he'll get too bummed out if he doesn't get chosen.
                  <o>

Comment

• clara
                    Sshhh, being very quiet
                    • Jan 2006

I actuallylike it. I saw it for a second time today and my son ALMOST got in there. He just didn't wave his hands high enough, and he's still a little guy, only 2 1/2. But yeah, the main complaint is why don't the adults get to join in on the fun!

Ta Da!

Comment

• ALIASd
                      Top Shelf!
                      MiceChat News Team
                      • Jun 2005

Here are some of the previous threads on the Jedi Academy -
                      maybe a mass merge for this galaxy full of comments:

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• pixie chick
                        Prefect

• Jun 2005

^Thanks D! :bow:
                        <o>

Comment

• ALIASd
                          Top Shelf!
                          MiceChat News Team
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by pixie chick View Post
                          Do the kids who don't get chosen get the certificates, too? I was SUPER excited about this until I saw the "randomly-selected" clause in the Times Guide. Too bad they didn't set it up so more kids could participate.

I think I'll have to go check it out before I take my own little Padawan to see if he'll get too bummed out if he doesn't get chosen.
                          The certificates are very cool and even FREE! My niece & nephew are both getting theirs framed for their rooms.
                          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• WRDup
                            out & about
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            I think it is a very cool show I like it I wish I could do it too! Would love to fight Maul!!!!!!
                            this is prob exactly why they dont let adults do it!
                            "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                              Adventure First, Ad Last
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                              The certificates are very cool and even FREE! My niece & nephew are both getting theirs framed for their rooms.
                              Oh man now I want to get one..I Love Star Wars.

Also has any kid yet said yes I want to join the dark side?
                              Because i think it would be funny for Vador to say join me and a kid to say ok and stand up.
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• DLForever
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jun 2005

I thought it was very cool. It is a good thing for the kids and is fun to watch. It seems to be pretty popular.

Comment

• Alestro Bakai
                                  Shaman of the Whills
                                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by pixie chick View Post
                                  We loved, loved, loved, loved the Jedi Academy, but I see your point. When we went there today, we were prepared to attend each training session till chosen. Fortunately, we were lucky. Noon show, got picked and we were able to enjoy the rest of the day in the park.

Comment

• Ghostbuster626
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jan 2005

excellent show.

Comment

• Sadako
                                      A New Kind Of Villain
                                      • May 2006

My real problem is the way it's marketed. Before it premiered, I'd heard Cast Members from entertainment praise the show by saying it teaches kids about honor and self worth. Total BS; all they're really teaching the kids to do is swing around a plastic lightsaber.

Point in case: During the show I saw, one of the kids "intimidated" Darth Vader, so the stormtroopers approached him. As this happened, the Jedi master told the child to push them back with The Force, showing him the hand gesture various times. The child looked back and forth between the Jedi Master and the Stormtrooper, and in the end just runs up to the Stormtrooper and smacks him with the lightsaber.

I really have a problem with how acceptable it is for children to have weapons as playtoys. Personally, I've been practicing sword-fighting as well as the use of wooden staffs for years and it's not about attacking for me at all, it's about meditation and feeling at peace with a force greater than yourself. In another sense, it's also about self-defense, but never offense. Teaching children that this is acceptable behaviour is probably one of the reasons we're so desensitized to war and violence in the media.

Oh, just in case you believe Jedi Training Academy teaches defense, watch my videos and notice that all the moves the Jedi Master teaches to use the lightsaber for are offensive moves. The only defensive move is ducking, which doesn't use the lightsaber at all.

IMHO, not only does Jedi Training Academy have no real re-view value once a child has been chosen, but the initial participation in itself is questionable. Originality doesn't seem to be one of the strong points in the entertainment department. I'm starting to see a trend and it seems to me that it's more than anything a lack of direction.
                                      Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

• snowsbeau
                                        Everyone neat and pretty?
                                        • Apr 2006

I saw the show on Sunday and liked it! Finally something that little boys can participate in that doesn't involve a Princess!
                                        The show was great for children but what about an interactive activity for us big kids? WDW offers several interactive shows that involve kids and adults! What if you don't have a child to watch? Watching other peoples kids have a grand ole time isn't that much fun.

When I walk through those turnstiles I fell like a 7 year old again and I want to have that kind of fun again too! :ap:

Disneyland was created as a place for the entire family to enjoy together but it seems IMHO, that every interactive activity the parks offer only involves children. And they are usually under 10! What about offering an interactive activity for the grown ups to participate in? After all it is us adults that are paying through the nose for those little cherub's to be there in the first place!
                                        "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X