X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lines out to DCA

Greetings all,
    What was the deal with the lines to get into the park backed up to the lines to get into DCA when I got there around 1:15 today? It seems that the "security" check was slow as well as the line to get in the main gate. I know that it was CHOC walk weekend and Gay Days, but the volume at DL didn't seem to show either group represented in great numbers by their red shirts or CHOC walk paraphanalia.

Are the "security" and gate people getting slower or am I just getting impatient?
    Cheers,
    Thisguy74

Re: Lines out to DCA

i noticed surcurity were getting slow when i worked there 2 months ago.. whyu i dont know

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by Thisguy74 View Post
      Are the "security" and gate people getting slower or am I just getting impatient?
      Thisguy74
      When we got there today, the 'security' checks consisted of them pressing(!) my backback. They didn't want to look into the front pocket, where I usually store my detonators and they had no interest whatsoever in looking into the main compartment where I keep my bottle shaped C4.

I felt so safe after passing through that 'security' check.

Comment

You could still get a bomb inside the Main area (inbetween DL and DCA)
        Most of the time they check one of my zippers on my backpack then They let me through.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

What a moronic turn this thread has taken.

Comment

On topic, the line for us to get into DL at about 1 yesterday was slow. Apparently the CM working the booth at our gate was just going a little slower than most.
            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Did anyone notice that Anaheim PD was in force at the Mickey's and Friends parking lot?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richard=fun View Post
                Did anyone notice that Anaheim PD was in force at the Mickey's and Friends parking lot?
                We got there so early, I didnt see any.
                Love your avatar btw.
                "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

No but we did see "security" personel with a dog walking around the hub on Saturday. They were dressed in a white polo and cargo pants. Is this APD or a new level of security? Kind of dissappointing that Disney has to do this now.
                  Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

at 9:30am we had to fight our way through the choc walk (fun times), security bag check went fast, but the lines to get in were the worst I have seen. We went to dca and thankfully they openred another ticket takes and ort line split, so we got in really fast, but it was really crowded on sunday.

Comment

When I left the lines for security went all that way up the ramp of the tram! And yes DL's line was really really slow.
                      -Jack :geek:
                      Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                        at 9:30am we had to fight our way through the choc walk (fun times), security bag check went fast, but the lines to get in were the worst I have seen. We went to dca and thankfully they openred another ticket takes and ort line split, so we got in really fast, but it was really crowded on sunday.
                        We were eating breakfast at LaBrea Bakery around then, and I had to walk through the world of disney store to go to the bathroom. trying to walk against the flow back to the restaraunt, was pretty horrible too.

Comment

Yes, the PD has been a regular since the Parking Lot booths were robbed about 2 weeks ago.

Ta Da!

Comment

Lines for both parks have been especially long this season and I think it has something to do with 1. YOAMD and 2. First Halloween ever at the park

Comment

And don't forget 3. All the free One Day ParkHoppers that were mailed out to folks on certain mailing lists....
                              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Utah and Idaho schools both had last Thursday and Friday off - I knew of at least 10 families that were going to Disneyland from here.
                                sigpic
                                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I really do think they should have a few lines at the turnstyles that are exclusively for AP holders. Nothing against the tourist, but they do hold up the lines a lot because they seem to have a myriad of questions.....but the AP holder usually doesn't - and if they do, they take it to City Hall. It could be just a little AP perk - ya' know? Then we wouldn't have to worry about lines to DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                                    No but we did see "security" personel with a dog walking around the hub on Saturday. They were dressed in a white polo and cargo pants. Is this APD or a new level of security? Kind of dissappointing that Disney has to do this now.
                                    I agree - Disappointing......but then at the same time, reassuring.

Comment

We went to DLR on Friday night last week and the lines were going all the way to DCA entrances. When we entered through security I had some teenage girl CM simply look into my kids diaper bag and immediately went on talking to her fellow CM. My kids diaper bag now has about 7 zipper openings and each opening has between 2-3 pockets in them.

I think the security is going a bit lax in their checks. Four days prior to this trip we had a guy ask us what was in our cooler (baby formula) and requested that we pull each bottle out of the cooler. Now that was much better security!

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post

That is security. As a rule of thumb, police officers carry weapons (sometimes concealed), so if the sh-t hits the fan, they can deal with it.

I don't agree that it is disappointing that DLR has to do this now. I am pleased they are being pro-active and providing that next higher level of protection.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X