This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question "Screamin Villains"

Yeah, I know the title is misleading you to think this is a question about the Golden "Screams" overlay. But, no...

Anyways. I read about the Villain overlay for Screamin, now, will it be permanent or will it just be a temporary seasonal thing (like HMH)?

thanks

Re: Question "Screamin Villains"

I hope it's seasonal for HalloweenTime. I would HATE it if it was permanent. Why walk through a Victorian Paradise Pier, queue through a Fun House, and then go on a roller coaster themed to Disney Villains?! At least Midway Mania makes more sense. The Pixar Pier theming seems to have died down, thank goodness.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Comment

yeah, because the way I've read it, it doesnt give any sign that it's permanent, or that it is seasonal.

Comment

Any Pics?? I have not heard of screaming getting anything added to it.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I believe it will be a permanent overlay as if that were the actual funhouse. What's funny is it almost sounds identical to a Halloween overlay I mentioned on here where it is overlayed with Malificent in dragon form (the tunnels changed to black with dragon head fixture on front).

For a temporary overlay I see it totaly working. But for what they make it sound like, I'm thinking many major changes to the coaster will be needed to make it seem like a villian fun house. The only spots I see are a malificent dragon over the launch and maybe a giant Ursula head/torso in that beach section you circle around. I have no idea how they will incorportate other villians without adding showbuildings for sections or changing the audio track which Al claims they are not doing.
          Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Well, I know that in one of Al's articles there's a few pictures of CS. A previous poster mentioned that on one of these pictures if you leave your mouse cursor over the pic it reads something to the effect of, "Too expensive to demolish...yet." Somehow I have a feeling The Big L may want to either totally get rid of CS or revamp it so it would fit the villian theme better.

::shrugs:: Heck if I know what'll happen.

...Joe...

Comment

Could go either way at this point. I can see ways of them fitting a permanent overlay into the Victorian era fun-house theme. It could definitely add to the thrills if you come out of the loop and into the mouth of Maleficent the dragon. Could be interesting. In any case, it has me intrigued.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I talked to the Cast Member at the show yesterday and they say (take with grain of salt) that the show will close end of Oct.
                Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

If this happens at all, and I really hope it does, it will be BIG. Way too big to be a seasonal overlay. Keep in mind that, outside of Chernabog, who I can only dream may be one of the villians utilized, both Ursula and Maleficent are the biggest Disney villians in their final forms. If this goes through, it only makes sense to have large scale villians.
                  Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
                  Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
                  Disneyland Paris: 2010
                  Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
                  Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
                  Efteling:2011
                  Lotte World: 2012

Comment

I remember when I went to fun amusement park on a pier. They had themed rollercoasters and rides. All the theming and characters were paper mache looking. Would something like that fit the victorian theming better?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X