This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Crowds are cancelled woohooo! ToT was always a favorite to right in the rain I always get that "cozy" feeling till you get on the elevator. Out of all the people that stick around at the park when its raining I'd says 90% are us AP locals =]

Comment

During our last trip Fantasmic had an e-stop due to rain, I think it depends on how heavily it's raining?
      HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
      "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        Does rain usually mean less locals?
        All the times I've been there during the rain it hasn't been as busy, btu since then it has been announced on every message board how it's slow when it rains...so they may make more people go. I ahven't been in the rain in a couple of years now. It used to be nice...kind of how the off season used to be nice..

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
          All the times I've been there during the rain it hasn't been as busy, btu since then it has been announced on every message board how it's slow when it rains...so they may make more people go. I ahven't been in the rain in a couple of years now. It used to be nice...kind of how the off season used to be nice..
          Yeah, when we went last February and March, we'd actually look forward to the rain, especially if it rained hard in the AM. Times like that, we noticed the crowds were MUCH less than during sunny days, so apparently this is still (somewhat) true!
          "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer )

Comment

I LOVE Disneyland when it rains. I'm excited for this weekend!
            Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

I LOVE rainy days at Disneyland. I dont know why but its just a lot more fun especially at night when the lights shimmer off of the pavement and everything glows. Ahh, the best time of the year. I dont know if someone posted this already but the daily parade turns into a Rainy Day Parade where a couple of characters get on the covered Main St. Vehicles and sruise along the parade route. I think there is a Rainy Day soundtrack too.

Comment

The best day to go is on a rainy day since people leave and there aren't a lot of lines! Most of the rides will be open. Mostly the "open" air stuff won't be but really you won't miss a lot! Both parks will be open.

Just remember to call ahead and wear a rain coat. Be sure to get a locker too. That way if the sun comes out you've got a place to put your rain stuff!
                sigpic

Comment

It is funny how dedicated people are to Disneyland that they will brave the rain.

I was really fortunate on my last trip to the US that we didn't experience a single day of rain during our entire trip...that is, until we were waiting at the hotel to be picked up and dumped at the airport. By that stage we didn't care.

We did, however, see several people braving the weather and heading in the direction of the park. As we were waiting outside the hotel (the Radisson on this occasion), I'll never forget the little girl all wrapped up in her Mickey poncho determinedly trudging up towards the gates with her father. Come hell or high-water, they were doing the Disneyland experience that day. (Mind you, if they'd come as far as we had, weather shouldn't really turn you back).

Just from experience in another Disney park (Hong Kong), however, rain completely changes the vibe. There, it began to rain just before a parade - just long enough for us to all go and buy umbrellas before it stopped again - and then started again as the parade finished. However, after the parade was over, the park had emptied out a little, allowing walk ons to Space Mountain and other popular attractions. It was all a bit trippy.

By the way, do the American parks have anything like Hong Kong's Rainy Day Express? It is a special 'rain only' parade that conclude with all the characters in specially-designed raincoats. (Pictured below)

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
                    By the way, do the American parks have anything like Hong Kong's Rainy Day Express? It is a special 'rain only' parade that conclude with all the characters in specially-designed raincoats. (Pictured below)

That's so awesome! I've never seen anything like that....and should we?....YES!

I love rainy day Disneyland. I had a rainy day last year and it was the best. It was cloudy and murky all morning then sometime after noon the rain came pourin' down...and did I mention it was awesome? It's like everyone was allergic to the rain and the park was pretty sparse. The atmosphere is totally different and it's just so much fun hopping from ride to ride

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Comment

Oh yeah, I totally forgot the Cavalcade. Basically they take whatever music they've got lying around, put it to a techno beat, and cruise down the parade route. Yeah, it's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Fantasmic can run in very, very light rain only. If the stage gets wet, the actors can fall, and considering how far some of the drops are, that's a big no no.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

I too love Disneyland when it rains! No crowds and you can practically get on the rides within minutes. Bring on the rain!

Happiest Memories on Earth!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X