X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadMadameMim
    replied
    Re: Rain Rain Go Away

I too love Disneyland when it rains! No crowds and you can practically get on the rides within minutes. Bring on the rain!

Leave a comment:

• aerinpegadrak
    replied

Oh yeah, I totally forgot the Cavalcade. Basically they take whatever music they've got lying around, put it to a techno beat, and cruise down the parade route. Yeah, it's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Fantasmic can run in very, very light rain only. If the stage gets wet, the actors can fall, and considering how far some of the drops are, that's a big no no.

Leave a comment:

• TanyAnnette
    replied

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
    By the way, do the American parks have anything like Hong Kong's Rainy Day Express? It is a special 'rain only' parade that conclude with all the characters in specially-designed raincoats. (Pictured below)

That's so awesome! I've never seen anything like that....and should we?....YES!

I love rainy day Disneyland. I had a rainy day last year and it was the best. It was cloudy and murky all morning then sometime after noon the rain came pourin' down...and did I mention it was awesome? It's like everyone was allergic to the rain and the park was pretty sparse. The atmosphere is totally different and it's just so much fun hopping from ride to ride

Leave a comment:

• Loomis
    replied

It is funny how dedicated people are to Disneyland that they will brave the rain.

I was really fortunate on my last trip to the US that we didn't experience a single day of rain during our entire trip...that is, until we were waiting at the hotel to be picked up and dumped at the airport. By that stage we didn't care.

We did, however, see several people braving the weather and heading in the direction of the park. As we were waiting outside the hotel (the Radisson on this occasion), I'll never forget the little girl all wrapped up in her Mickey poncho determinedly trudging up towards the gates with her father. Come hell or high-water, they were doing the Disneyland experience that day. (Mind you, if they'd come as far as we had, weather shouldn't really turn you back).

Just from experience in another Disney park (Hong Kong), however, rain completely changes the vibe. There, it began to rain just before a parade - just long enough for us to all go and buy umbrellas before it stopped again - and then started again as the parade finished. However, after the parade was over, the park had emptied out a little, allowing walk ons to Space Mountain and other popular attractions. It was all a bit trippy.

By the way, do the American parks have anything like Hong Kong's Rainy Day Express? It is a special 'rain only' parade that conclude with all the characters in specially-designed raincoats. (Pictured below)

Leave a comment:

• mistyisjafo
    replied

The best day to go is on a rainy day since people leave and there aren't a lot of lines! Most of the rides will be open. Mostly the "open" air stuff won't be but really you won't miss a lot! Both parks will be open.

Just remember to call ahead and wear a rain coat. Be sure to get a locker too. That way if the sun comes out you've got a place to put your rain stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Abominable Snowman
    replied

I LOVE rainy days at Disneyland. I dont know why but its just a lot more fun especially at night when the lights shimmer off of the pavement and everything glows. Ahh, the best time of the year. I dont know if someone posted this already but the daily parade turns into a Rainy Day Parade where a couple of characters get on the covered Main St. Vehicles and sruise along the parade route. I think there is a Rainy Day soundtrack too.

Leave a comment:

• MaleficentFan
    replied

I LOVE Disneyland when it rains. I'm excited for this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Shoppingbear
    replied

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    All the times I've been there during the rain it hasn't been as busy, btu since then it has been announced on every message board how it's slow when it rains...so they may make more people go. I ahven't been in the rain in a couple of years now. It used to be nice...kind of how the off season used to be nice..
    Yeah, when we went last February and March, we'd actually look forward to the rain, especially if it rained hard in the AM. Times like that, we noticed the crowds were MUCH less than during sunny days, so apparently this is still (somewhat) true!

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Does rain usually mean less locals?
    All the times I've been there during the rain it hasn't been as busy, btu since then it has been announced on every message board how it's slow when it rains...so they may make more people go. I ahven't been in the rain in a couple of years now. It used to be nice...kind of how the off season used to be nice..

Leave a comment:

• HDAlien
    replied

During our last trip Fantasmic had an e-stop due to rain, I think it depends on how heavily it's raining?

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Chopsticks
    replied

Crowds are cancelled woohooo! ToT was always a favorite to right in the rain I always get that "cozy" feeling till you get on the elevator. Out of all the people that stick around at the park when its raining I'd says 90% are us AP locals =]

Leave a comment:

• Malcon10t
    replied

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Yep, that's what they do when they cancel a parade.

Mickey and friends ride the parade route in the double-decker bus (or whatever other transportation that might be handy).

They do slow down and wave, but that's about it.

Enjoy!
    I've seen that, but NYE and NYD last year, they ran POD without show stops. Pretty much just moved everything from point A to point B with music.

Leave a comment:

• gumby
    replied

Originally posted by Doofy View Post
    Sorry. Don't know if I sounded rude or not. When I read it again it kind of sounded that way. I didn't intend to sound rude.

I love it when it rains. Big Thunder is so much fun in the rain. I can't wait to get down there.

That rainy day cavalcade sounds cool too. I would like to see that.

Umm....that rainy day calvalcade is NOT cool. I don't think you've seen it otherwise you'd know.

Essentially they get all the characters they can to fit on the omnibus and have it go down the parade route. Just that ONE car with everyone on it. All done to some canned music that is about as bad as it gets. Nobody else follows or comes before. That's it.

Makes me laugh because it's the worst thing ever but also kind of sad cause you're looking for a full-blown parade and you get that sham instead.

Funniest thing is when it's only slightly raining or sprinkling and the actual parade is going, they do it in fast foward as I call it. It doesn't make any stops, doesn't do anything fancy, they just zip by.....literally.

Bye.

Leave a comment:

• GrimmGreen
    replied

disneyland in the rain is rad , by the end of the weekend i was a pro at opening and closing my umbrella for every ride , ha ha , also , a bit of advice California Screamin hurts your face in the rain...

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Id say no, so far it seems as though most love it when it rains.

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• akfandisney
    replied

if it light rain most of the ride will be open,

Now if a hard rain all outdoor ride will stop and indoor will be open

less people in the parks

if raid stay in Disneyland more indoor stuff to do.

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Originally posted by Treat View Post
    i dont think they shut down pooh because iv ridden it numerous times in the rain nad as far as Fantasmic! it sarted raining right when the show started and they didnt shut it down so i guess not, iono
    From my experience, the few times Ive been there and its rained, theyve cancelled Fantasmic

Leave a comment:

• mycroft16
    replied

Christmas 2003 on our honeymoon, it rained for 3 days solid and pretty much everything was open and running. Alice and Teacups were down, but everything else stayed open. Splash Mt in the rain is a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Treat
    replied

i dont think they shut down pooh because iv ridden it numerous times in the rain nad as far as Fantasmic! it sarted raining right when the show started and they didnt shut it down so i guess not, iono

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X