Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Anyone ever try to 'cheat' on Space Ranger Spin by using a Laser Pointer?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever try to 'cheat' on Space Ranger Spin by using a Laser Pointer?

One of my co-workers and I were discussing Astro Blasters over lunch today and they asked me if anyone had ever attached a laser pointer to the gun to get a better aim. Has anyone ever done this and does it work?
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 10-10-2006, 01:34 PM.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Anyone ever try to 'cheat' on Space Ranger Spin by using a Laser Pointer?

Please excuse my ignorance but what is Space Ranger Spin?

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
      Please excuse my ignorance but what is Space Ranger Spin?
      The Buzz Lightyear ride in Tomorrowland.

Comment

No, no I have not.
        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
          Um...isn't that called Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters?

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
            Um...isn't that called Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters?

...Joe...
            You're right. I have no idea how I thought up the other name. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

You're right. I have no idea how I thought up the other name. Thanks for the correction.
              that's the name of the WDW version.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                that's the name of the WDW version.
                yea that is what I thought

Comment

That is what I thought.

Comment

There is no way for it to work since the AstroBlaster that is used is also a sensor that updates the score which is why when using the blaster you notice the color change when you "Hit" a target, If you used a laser pen there is no way for your score to be updated, while it might illuminate the target and act as if it was hit, there would be no score to update. I would no try it though since I believe laser pens are forbidden to use in Dland, (due to dangers of hitting someone in the eyes accidentally etc.)

-----------------

ADD alert. I guess I misread the post. Using the laser pointer for Aiming is not what I thought the OP was discussing, Still I believe the no personal laser pointer rule is still in effect either way.
                    Last edited by CAspace; 10-10-2006, 04:10 PM.

Comment

You can do that? with a lazer pointer? hmmm.... but thats stupid, Its nots like you go home with a grand prize or anything! But thats cool to know a lazer pointer works the same!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                      MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
                        There is no way for it to work since the AstroBlaster that is used is also a sensor that updates the score which is why when using the blaster you notice the color change when you "Hit" a target, If you used a laser pen there is no way for your score to be updated, while it might illuminate the target and act as if it was hit, there would be no score to update. I would no try it though since I believe laser pens are forbidden to use in Dland, (due to dangers of hitting someone in the eyes accidentally etc.)

You put the laser on top of the guy and use it as a laser sight for targeting to help your aim. You wouldn't be using the laser pointer as the gun.

Comment

I dont think he was suggesting using a lazer pen in place of.

But somehow it doesn't seem like it would work to give it better aim. Even if you could somehow tape the lazer on it would take time, the CM would notice, and it probably wouldn't give you a very acurate point, only a vague direction.
                          Though I suppose it does work in someway for guns, so perhaps I'm just wrong.
                          Most often found at a theme park

Comment

Since the gun projects a beam, why would you need to try and cheat with an extra laser? Isn't that like cheating while playing solitaire?

Use your powers for good, not evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                              Since the gun projects a beam, why would you need to try and cheat with an extra laser? Isn't that like cheating while playing solitaire?

Use your powers for good, not evil.
                              But the beam from the gun is only there for the split second that you hit the trigger. Plus you are trying to find your dot along with everyone elses.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X