This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vault 28

I took some photos and interviewed a lead working there. I'll make a seperate thread update tonight or tomorrow

Comment

The LA Times has posted a small picture slide show of Vault 28 and some of the Merchandise inside of it.

It can be found Here

They have pictures of some of the belts and a shirt. Looking forward to Barfownz's pictures that he took.
      The Verdict is in on the Mystery in Disneyland V:The Mystery of the Missing Asteroid

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...18#post2114018

The Mystery in Disneyland VI:Big Thunder Town is coming soon.

If anybody is interested in playing in the next Mystery in Disneyland game (VI) send a PM or email to Alex Loup. She will be hosting the next game.

:thumbup:

Comment

Uhhh, there were $75 T-shirts in the World of Disney a couple of months back, and people bought 'em. And if the jeans are good . . . designer jeans easily go for $150 and up at places like Nordstrom every day. (And that chain gets a lot of business so there's no way to argue that their prices are out of line -- if they were too expensive, people would stop shopping there and they'd go out of business. Last time I checked, Nordstrom was doing quite well.) I don't see these prices as being incredibly outrageous for a boutique-type store, especially if the quality is high.

Comment

Yep, what KDR said. Really, $150 jeans are not that scandalous.
          A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*~Aniko~*~ View Post
            yea, they had this "look at all the stupid tourists that can't afford to shop here but look anyways" look on their face

grrrr
            Which is funny, cause I doubt they can afford to shop there too.
            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I just bought one of those paper thin Tees on my WDW trip (it was a true XL and only $28) and I loved the way it looked and the design but on my second wear I saw that somehow there is a hole in it already. It broke my heart because I LOVED that shirt. No way would I pay $75 for one though.

Comment

the cast members look at you like you're dirt, i swear they had the snootiest looks on their faces.
                yea, they had this "look at all the stupid tourists that can't afford to shop here but look anyways" look on their face

grrrr

Yes, I walked in there yesterday and with my stroller no less and the looks were just..ew.. I got a few shots but they were kinda following me around. The place is NOT big at all and when I was in there, there was about 7 CM's. Very intimidating.

Some of my photos:

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by judimouse View Post
                  Ok I was there today.

T-shirts started at $65.
                  Pair of jeans $150.
                  ladies panties $32.
                  ladies bra $47.

At that point I quit looking at prices. LOL
                  I have to tell, being a D cup, and investing in my boobies health, I buy $50 bras all the time. But that's for the health of the tissue, not just for style.

However, for the other items, I don't think I would pay those prices. But think of all those rich teenagers with Louis Vuitton bags and $250 Dolce and Gabbana jeans.

I think that store will do just fine.
                  "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                  "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                    But think of all those rich teenagers with Louis Vuitton bags and $250 Dolce and Gabbana jeans.
                    I wouldn't call the teens rich, I would call the parents forking out the cash rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathius View Post
                      I wouldn't call the teens rich, I would call the parents forking out the cash rich.
                      Indeed. But unfortunately, their parents success makes them rich by default.

I had other adjectives I was tempted to use instead of "rich," but I didn't. And I'm sure people can guess why.
                      "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                      "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                        . . . think of all those rich teenagers with Louis Vuitton bags and $250 Dolce and Gabbana jeans.
                        Speaking of Dolce & Gabbana, doesn't anyone remember that just a couple of years ago, they had a line of Disney (mostly Mickey) clothes that sold at their stores and other shops such as Neiman Marcus? I think the lowest price on any item was well over $200, and the line sold out almost immediately. The prices at Vault 28 may not be for everyone, but they're not unheard of. Not by a long shot.

Comment

Yeah, the prices are high. But what bothered me was that everything was so... generic and bland. At least the expensive couture stuff at World of Disney was cute and was actually stuff that I was considering buying before I saw the price tag. I didn't really bother looking at the price tags of anything in the shop, because nothing had any personality or charm to speak of. The prices would be justifiable if the clothing wasn't so freaking BORING, but honestly, most of the clothing there, I wouldn't buy for $5 at a thrift store.

Someone already mentioned how tiny the store is, which is very true, but there was also the issue of it being nearly impossible to browse, because everything was crammed in so tightly. Maybe there was some worthwhile clothing hiding in there, but I didn't see it because I couldn't easily flip through the racks.

But hey, the decor is really nice. So that's... something, I guess.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Originally posted by Lore View Post
                            Seriously, how can you be snooted by someone working retail? Man, I need to get to that store. I love the snooty stuff!
                            So true. I love that line from an old Absolutely Fabulous episode where Eddy says to the sales clerk who was giving her attitude... "You only work in a shop you know, you can drop the attitude!". They are sales clerks in a shop in a mall. If they have attidude for some bizarre reason, throw it right back at 'em.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X