Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

    Vault 28 just opened it's doors yesterday, October 11, 2006,
    and there are several topics already reporting the ludicrous
    price points and lack of annual passholder and cast member
    discounts. With the VERY limited base of customers who will
    actually purchase anything in the store, it's already painfully
    obvious that this store ain't gonna be around for long.

    SO, let's have a little fun! Let's play "What date will Vault 28
    Close (go out of business)!" (no wagering, please, this is just
    for fun.)

    I will guess Tax Day April 15th, 2007/
    Last edited by Aladdin; 10-12-2006, 11:49 AM.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!


  • #2
    Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

    Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
    Vault 28 just opened it's doors yesterday, October 11, 2007,

    I will guess Tax Day April 15th, 2007/
    I'm certain you meant 10/11/2006.... I'll take thru next year's holiday shopping season into '08.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

      I'm guessing the week after thanksgiving and before xmas...
      Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
      Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

        Too hard to guess....but I still do not see a huge support for this store. They are trying to merge to demographics that can't be merged.

        1. High-end, high-fashion, lots of money, shopaholics.
        2. Disney fans.

        Anything with Mickey Mouse on it cannot be forced into the realm of high-end fashion. Disney is about magic, fun, and fans--not style. Trying to combine the two will unlikely work (IMHO)

        That being said...companies launch stuff all the time and watch them fail---all a part about doing business. Who would of thought AstoBlasters would have had such a strong following from adults? You never know unless you try...so Kudos to Vault 28 for trying something new.


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

          well Im poor folk here so that would one store where I would have to go in just to look, But you never know it could do very well during the holidays, lets give it a chance. However the chances of me buying anything in there are very slim to none! I bet they have pretty stuff though.

          NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
          MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

            I think it will do well through this holiday season. But unless they lower prices I don't see it staying open for too long. But yes, kudos to them at least testing the 'coture' waters.


            Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

              Originally posted by Cacopelao! View Post
              Too hard to guess....but I still do not see a huge support for this store. They are trying to merge to demographics that can't be merged.

              1. High-end, high-fashion, lots of money, shopaholics.
              2. Disney fans.

              Anything with Mickey Mouse on it cannot be forced into the realm of high-end fashion. Disney is about magic, fun, and fans--not style. Trying to combine the two will unlikely work (IMHO)
              I disagree. I think that there are shopaholic, well-to-do Disney fans out there. The two do not necissarily counter each other. I think the problem is that such a market base is WAY too small to support such a store.

              I'm going to prognosticate that it'll be closed before 2008. I think they'll give it two holiday seasons before pulling the plug though.

              Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                I checked out the store myself yesterday, and i am pretty impressed on the mechendise that they sell there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                  Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                  I think the problem is that such a market base is WAY too small to support such a store.
                  Not unlike the always nearly empty Anne Geddes shop across from WoD. Now that would be the perfect location for an AP holders clubhouse...or bar.
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                    Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                    Not unlike the always nearly empty Anne Geddes shop across from WoD. Now that would be the perfect location for an AP holders clubhouse...or bar.
                    Like your way of thinking!

                    As far as the Vault....I think we'll all be surprised just how well it will do! I'm not giving a closure date as of yet.
                    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                    it's what they are like in their HEART!


                    - Wolfette

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                      Are these clothes only sold in there stores. Is there a website you can order online from them.
                      Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                      Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                        I'll play,
                        Say the week after Labor Day 2007 - September 9, 2007
                        THEDonald
                        403 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                          I think it will do well. The $50 - $60 T-shirts in World Of seem to move quickly.
                          Mike


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                            Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                            As far as the Vault....I think we'll all be surprised just how well it will do! I'm not giving a closure date as of yet.
                            Shopping is shopping, and impulse buying is even more lucrative. There's market precedence for not-inexpensive items like this, Kitson and Fred Segal have paved the way for this stuff. But Vault 28 is onsite and now part of the DLR experience. If the publicity is right and the celebrity shoppers show up for the events and on their own it can only help. If you build it, they'll bring the credit cards. For just exactly how long, we'll see.
                            http://www.shopkitson.com/commerce_image.php?q=4403
                            http://www.shopkitson.com/commerce_i...4404&arg=thumb http://www.shopkitson.com/commerce_i...4405&arg=thumb
                            Kidada - Alice in Wonderland Leather Charm Bracelet
                            sku :84983
                            • Kidada for Disney Couture
                            • As seen on Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan
                            • Alice in Wonderland inspired bracelet
                            • Braided Italian blue genuine leather
                            • 18k yellow gold plated sterling silver charms
                            • Charms include card suits, clocks, "Eat Me", and "Drink Me"
                            • 34" long
                            NOTE: ITEM CURRENTLY ON BACKORDER!! NEW SHIPMENT COMING SOON!!


                            $295.00


                            http://www.shopkitson.com/index.php?...duct_sku=84983
                            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                              Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                              http://www.shopkitson.com/commerce_image.php?q=4403
                              http://www.shopkitson.com/commerce_i...4404&arg=thumb http://www.shopkitson.com/commerce_i...4405&arg=thumb
                              Kidada - Alice in Wonderland Leather Charm Bracelet
                              sku :84983
                              • Kidada for Disney Couture
                              • As seen on Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan
                              • Alice in Wonderland inspired bracelet
                              • Braided Italian blue genuine leather
                              • 18k yellow gold plated sterling silver charms
                              • Charms include card suits, clocks, "Eat Me", and "Drink Me"
                              • 34" long
                              NOTE: ITEM CURRENTLY ON BACKORDER!! NEW SHIPMENT COMING SOON!!


                              $295.00


                              http://www.shopkitson.com/index.php?...duct_sku=84983
                              How spectacularly hideous!

                              Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                                Because it's an actual Disney shop with Disney merchandise, they'll pay to keep it open no matter how well it does.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                                  I say March 2007.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                                    Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                                    How spectacularly hideous!

                                    I agree! I wouldn't want to wear it if you paid me.
                                    The Armenian Genocide

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                                      It won't close for a really long time, if at all...they'll just change the merchandise if its not working...

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Guess What Date "Vault 28" Will Close!

                                        Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                                        ...or bar.

                                        :thumbup:
                                        If I can't be a good roll model at least let me be a bad example.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X