This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Depp in POTC

Well folks, in an article in today's USA Today covering the anniversary Michael Eisner "Hinted" that Johnny Depp's AA is going into POTC.
    What does everybody think of this development??

Jonny Depp's what now?

Comment

Jonny Depp's what now?
      Sorry, his Audio Animatronic figure.

Comment

I have mixed feelings

JD would not ruin the POTC but it really would not add much either. I know that people who have not ridden the ride before the movie wonder how the ride could come up with Johnny Depp. But I think that the ride would not really be improved by one AA that looks like JD. :monkey:

Comment

Ew! I would hate to see an Audio Anamatronic of Jonny Depp on POTC!!!!

Oh wow...I think that would totally take you out of the ride, wouldn't it?

Like, all these cool figures and scenes that have been there for ages and then you turn the corner and BOOM..."Uhhhh...honey? That pirate looks awfully familiar..."

Comment

Changing POTC again? I still want the pre "politically correct" version back. You remember that version, the one Walt worked on? I know, I know.....Disneyland will never be finished. But lets fix the problems before we start working on the attractions that are already working. That's just my opinion.
            As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Originally posted by EpTxGuy
              Changing POTC again? I still want the pre "politically correct" version back. You remember that version, the one Walt worked on? I know, I know.....Disneyland will never be finished. But lets fix the problems before we start working on the attractions that are already working. That's just my opinion.
              I agree. The first version was better. Who said that Pirates had to be gentlemen? The new verson is a just silly bow to PC.

Comment

come now there are some deffinate upgrades with the second edition you just want the chasing the ladies back and so do I

anywho last I heard Depp was going into WDW's Pirates not DL's

good thing too WDW's NEEDS it DL's doesn't

Disneyland's pirates is the first one and should keep the feel of it intact

if we wanna talk about Jim Hill's increadibly expensive rerouting Pirates suggestion I'm all for that because it brings something new and keeps something old (youknow that changing routes at night plan were the ride is different but only at night)

I'm also good for upgrading the origional pirates even more

but no Depp
                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

noooooooo... it would ruin the nostalgia of walts last ride... whats next, eddie murphy in the mansion (shhh... we dont want to give them ideas)

Comment

Regarding the Mansion:

Originally posted by migitmouse88
                    noooooooo... it would ruin the nostalgia of walts last ride... whats next, eddie murphy in the mansion (shhh... we dont want to give them ideas)
                    "Eddie Murphy? Hi, this is Michael Eisner, chairman of the Walt Disney company..."

Regarding Pirates:

Actually I threw out the idea that maybe he'd be kind of like a hidden Mickey, he could appear in one or two scenes, but you'd only see him by looking back or else he could disappear / re appear. He was "hiding" in the original movie, so maybe they could incorporate it with "if you see Johnny, don't blow his cover" like how Indy says "don't look into the eye."

The tourists could cause him to get captured in the jail at the end of the ride.

Let's face it, it could add a better "story" to the scenes that develop before you.
                    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 05-06-2005, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                      "Eddie Murphy? Hi, this is Michael Eisner, chairman of the Walt Disney company..."

Actually I threw out the idea that maybe he'd be kind of like a hidden Mickey, he could appear in one or two scenes, but you'd only see him by looking back or else he could disappear / re appear. He was "hiding" in the original movie, so maybe they could incorporate it with "if you see Johnny, don't blow his cover" like how Indy says "don't look into the eye."

The tourists could cause him to get captured in the jail at the end of the ride.

Let's face it, it could add a better "story" to the scenes that develop before you.
                      One of the singing busts. Replete with trademark Murphy "heeh! heeh! heeh!" laugh.
                      My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob66
                        One of the singing busts. Replete with trademark Murphy "heeh! heeh! heeh!" laugh.

I meant Johnny Depp would be the hidden Mickey, not Eddie...

I dont think even Eddie Murphy wants to look back and remember that movie.

Comment

I agree! Thanks for bringing that up! I thought I was the only one that thought "why don't they concentrate on daily maintenance and the things that need fixing, and stop messing with the classics?"!
                          ....it all began with a Mouse...

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                            I dont think even Eddie Murphy wants to look back and remember that movie.
                            If I were Eddie Murphy, I wouldn't want to look back and remember ANY of the movies he's worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech_Disney
                              If I were Eddie Murphy, I wouldn't want to look back and remember ANY of the movies he's worked on.

HARSH Even Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop ? Bruckheimer ? No...

OK sorry Jerry, I tried.

Comment

Bring on Johnny!
                                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

As long as it's not so obviously there, i'm fine. Oh and the fangirls had better not start squealing once they see it.

Comment

I'm okay with a Johnny Depp AA in Pirates as long as it's not overbearing. If he is just another face in the crowd, or even if he is somewhat prominent in one scene I think it would come off fine.

Comment

I would be cool with it as long as it's subtle. I talked this over with the BF one night and we joked that maybe Jack should be at the head of the boat, giving you a tour. Talk about subtle.
                                      Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X