X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Vs DCA

Which is the better park, and why?
    Last edited by MagicKingdom; 10-12-2006, 09:46 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Disney Vs DCA

DCA because it is a park. Disney is a name. You can't fool me with your tricky questions!

Comment

I meant Disneyland, but accidently left out the land.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
        DCA because it is a park. Disney is a name. You can't fool me with your tricky questions!
        Haha, nice. I actually prefer Disneyland better over California Adventure, only because DCA doesn't feel like it has the magic which Disneyland has. Disneyland also has all the memories of people's first visits, people's first marriages, things such as those. DCA doesn't have any of that. And in my opinion, doesn't even really capture the heart and feel of California. I personally think it was just another way to make money.

Comment

Huh? Is this a serious question?? I mean come one, there is NO comparison, I mean its not even close.

Disneyland:
          Many More Attractions
          Much Better Theming
          Better Attractions
          More Family Attractions
          Better Atmosphere
          Its THE Original
          Its Walts Park
          Disneyland Is a Magic Place/DCA is cheap and isnt even on Six Flags level
          One Word - MICKEY
          POTC, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Indy, Splash (should I go on?)

OK, there is much more but that is a good start to explain why it is not even close, DISNEYLAND any day!!!!!

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! No comparison. DISNEYLAND!!!! ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! YEAH!!! YOU KNOW IT!

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
            For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

DISNEYLAND...no comparison!
              SUPPORT THE CM's!

Comment

Originally posted by DiSnEyFrEaK21 View Post
                DISNEYLAND...no comparison!

Yep, just like I said in my post!!!

:ot: By the way Gwen rules!!!! Nice pic!!!

Comment

Disneland is far superior. DCA only good things are Tower of Terror, Screamin, and Soarin is pretty fun
                  sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't say it's as bad as Six Flags Level! I mean I guess it's very well themed, just not in the themes people want lol.

Comment

I like DCA. I can spend 4-5 hours there and have a great time.
                      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
                        I like DCA. I can spend 4-5 hours there and have a great time.
                        But do you think it is better than Disneyland? Yes there are a few things to do there and I can usually get them done in hour or so, but that wasnt the question. There is no way that DCA is better than Disneyland!!!!

Comment

Re: Disneyland Vs DCA

Originally posted by MagicKingdom View Post
                          Which is the better park, and why?
                          Why do you ask?

Beacause there is no way DCA is better then Disneyland.

DCA can be a great park one day with A LOT of work but, it ain't no Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by MagicKingdom View Post
                            I meant Disneyland, but accidently left out the land.
                            hee hee

Anyways, imho, its Disneyland. Why? More rides, better theming, more memories. However, I do enjoy DCA and look forward to seeing what is coming down the road for that park.

Comment

With a little more thought and effort, D.C.A. could become a legitimate boutique attraction that has a slightly lower admission price and that complements The Magic Kingdom, instead of competing with it.

D.C.A. is always going to have a much narrower scope than Disneyland, and that situation is as it should be.
                              Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 10-13-2006, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Most of the responses have come out with a resounding negative for DCA. This isn't exactly a surprise, but I think this is unfair. Not because DCA is a better park - because by no stretch of the imagination could it be considered such - but because it is largely written off out of hand by most people.

Yes, Disneyland has more and better attractions; the history that goes with the park and an unidentifiable magic that nowhere else in the world has. However, DCA has one thing that Disneyland may be missing these days: the potential to expand beyond its current status.

So much fuss has been kicked around the boards these last few weeks regarding changes to the park and things that "don't fit": Nemo doesn't belong in Tomorrowland; Jack Sparrow doesn't belong in Frontierland and so on. With DCA, you don't have this problem, but you DO HAVE a world of POTENTIAL.

As DCA has no "theme" (another unfair claim, but I'll roll with it for now) - or at least not as clearly defined as the Disneyland lands - and can easily fit in the e-tickets and bigger attractions that Disneyland can simply no longer accomodate - at least not without pulling down something that is just as likely to cause fan riots and the killing of small puppies.

Disneyland is, by any way you look at it, the superior park. It is possibly the best in the area. However, I always get peeved when people write-off DCA simply because it is not Disneyland. Questions like this only serve to show what DCA is NOT, rather than what it COULD BE. After all, the original promise of Disneyland - and by extension the Disneyland Resort - was something that would keep growing and give promise to the future. If any park makes us look towards what MIGHT be, then it is definitely DCA!!!

Comment

This is really an unfair question.
                                  DCA and Disneyland are 2 completely different types of park. There is no way to compare them against each other fairly.

Comment

Disneyland is FAR superior to DCA. The overall feel of the park is much better, as everyone else hear agrees. I haven't even been to DCA because it just doesn't hold that same attraction that Disneyland has.

Comment

Is this a trick question? :lmao:

Disneyland!!!! :thumbup:
                                      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Well said, Loomis, and I agree with you totally.. You just cannot compare the two-- I have loved Disneyland since I was a child. I finally went to DCA a couple of years ago for the first time. We did not go on a lot of rides at that time and I was unimpressed. But we have been back quite a bit since we got annual passes and it has really grown on me and it actually has some of my favorite rides (And Burrrbank Ice cream is great!) And it is much better than Knotts or Magic mountain..People need to give it a chance! I love Soarin, Grizzly river run and the tower of terror(my favorite ride!) And I like the carnival/fair like atmosphere. I also feel that all tickets for Disneyland should be one price for both parks--they would see more bodies at DCA if they would just make them all "park hopper" tickets.. they should not have separate admission for each park or charge more for the park hopper.
                                        Last edited by jeannie2252; 10-27-2006, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X