This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwen

Ok, so I posted this in my trip report but I wanted to know if anyone has experienced Gwen. Gwen is a lady that has ridden INDY over 8,600 times. We had the privledge of riding with Gwen two seperate times on different days while we were there. She is a really sweet older lady and she was a lot of fun. Has anyone ever met, or rode INDY with Gwen?
    Foolish Mortal
    sigpic

Re: Gwen

Never heard of her until now. So if I've ridden with her I wouldn't have known it!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

pictures?? hmm... i have never heard of this lady! she sound rad to meet though! 8600 times huh?!!!! wow!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
      MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Wow. Thats a lot of times. I heard rumors that she moved to the WDW area.

Comment

Sorry no pics!
          Foolish Mortal
          sigpic

Comment

8600 times. Do you realize how many times that is???!!!! That's an average of over 2 times a day, every day, for over 11 years!!! She may be a very darling lady, and to each his own, but I kind of feel sorry for her. I'm sure she is cool, so I'd think she deserves a lot more in life.

Comment

Does her back hurt? Indy makes my back hurt.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

She rides it more than two times on one day. She gets off of the ride then uses the GAC enterance to go back on again. She is elderly and it is possible she has been doing it for as long as the ride has been open. She also wears a Grumpy name tag. I have no reason to doubt her story, she seems to have no reason to lie. If you meet her you would believe her as well. Just ask the CM's at INDY when you go again.
                Foolish Mortal
                sigpic

Comment

Didn't they give her an award after her 1,000th ride? I remember reading about this somewhere. There was also a woman who went to every Stomp performance.
                  sigpic
                  Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                    Didn't they give her an award after her 1,000th ride? I remember reading about this somewhere.
                    I don't know? We talked to her about the ride, which side was her favorite and how many times she has ridden it and that was about it. We left and then she went on it again.
                    Foolish Mortal
                    sigpic

Comment

She had a bet that she could ride the attraction 2000 times before the year 2000 and she did. then on her 3000th trip Tony Baxter and a few Disneyland bigwigs rode with her and Tony gave her a replica indy machete. We had to hold it for her until she left the park for the day. I have not worked Indy in a few years but I still see Gwen in the park and am always sure to say hello and ask how she is doing. She is a really sweet lady.

One of the Many Dave CMs

Comment

Theres a man who rides Buzz Lightyear astro blasters all the time, I'm not sure what his name is...there is also some man who rides Autopia & some other attractions alot..their so sweet & nice I love them!

Comment

Makes me wonder how many other rides, shows have fans like this. I mean, I like Indy as well as the next person, but after I ride it, well it's time for Splash, or HM, or Tiki Room, or some bacon-wrapped asparagus. How 'bout a little variety, Gwen? You're kinda scarin' me!
                          sigpic

Comment

Somebody has a lot of free time!

Comment

found this
                              :crazylegs

Comment

Must be a VERY old picture. Her count has surpassed that by a lot now!
                                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I cant wait until i see it hit 10,000!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Legs View Post
                                    found this
                                    That's her!!! She is still going strong and looks the same as she did in this photo. Thanks Crazy Legs!!!!
                                    Foolish Mortal
                                    sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X