This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTC changes

This is not a very big update but I noticed something different on Pirates yesterday. In the scene where the pirate ship is in battle and shooting off canons at there enemies, when the cannon balls supposedly hit the water, the splashes are much, much more bigger and higher and get u wet. It also makes this wierd and different noise when it hits the water.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

yea their getting a head start on the HUGE revamping thats going to take place this fall. Their going to totally overhaul the ride just like they did to Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain.

Comment

I love it. It was the thing that the ride needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
        yea their getting a head start on the HUGE revamping thats going to take place this fall. Their going to totally overhaul the ride just like they did to Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain.
        Are you talking about the Ghost Pirates rumor that JHM, etc. brought up or just a refreshing? While I doubt the former, anything new they add to the attraction is WONDERFUL to me just as long as they don't convert the ride into a facsimile of the film. Vintage before faddish.

Comment

yep, I noticed this while hosting the May 4th event. They installed air cannons under the water so each canon hit sends a rather huge column of water up in the air. I love it!
          -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
          -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
          --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

It's about time they change the dialogue where they are shooting at each other. Just don't delete where she says," Don't tell him Carlos. Don't be cheekin." I live for that part!
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

It really was cool, we rode it Friday morning, Whoooaaa those splashes seemed real. The cannonball "kerplush" sounds real.
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I can't wait to go on it, that sounds really cool!

Also I think the refurb this fall is going to be more like the one The Haunted Mansion got in January, because from what I've heard, the one Space Mountain got made it change completely (except for the track).
                Last edited by Mr. Disney; 05-07-2005, 10:01 AM.
                I have a dream
                A song to sing
                To help me cope
                Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                of a FairyTale
                You can take the future
                even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                Something good in everything I see
                I believe in Angels
                When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

My most favorite ride, ever (note the handle)!

PotC is really in need of refurb, especially because of the rain. Are the plastic tarps still in the post-town burning scene? It made me sad to see. It would be nice to have the ride be tweaked just a bit, as well. Perhaps more AA's and less "PC".
                  Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                    It really was cool, we rode it Friday morning, Whoooaaa those splashes seemed real. The cannonball "kerplush" sounds real.
                    This is nice to read. Those cannonball splashes were getting a little tired... if they even worked at all! I always hate it when I'm on a Disneyland ride with someone and feel the need to say, "Gee, that used to work a lot better." They finally got the "smoke" (steam) blasting out of the ends of the pistols and cannons. Maybe the "bang" will come back someday too!
                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                      again??? didnt they just do that when they made it more politically correct?
                      How much longer will it take
                      For the world to see.
                      We should learn to live
                      And simply let it be.
                      Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Comment

Let's go all out, Classic Pirates during the day, RockIt Pirates at night. How hard could it be to have the pirates lip-sync Van Halen?
                        As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Originally posted by EpTxGuy
                          Let's go all out, Classic Pirates during the day, RockIt Pirates at night. How hard could it be to have the pirates lip-sync Van Halen?
                          There's going to be a whole line of "RockIt" rides now. :lol: RockIt Haunted Mansion! RockIt Splash Mountain! RockIt Peter Pan! They all sing Van Halen!
                          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Sound good. Classic Disneyland during the day, RockIt Disneyland at night. j/k
                            As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpassmountain
                              Are you talking about the Ghost Pirates rumor that JHM, etc. brought up or just a refreshing? While I doubt the former, anything new they add to the attraction is WONDERFUL to me just as long as they don't convert the ride into a facsimile of the film. Vintage before faddish.
                              Im talking about the original 50th. plan that was discussed in 2002. Their slowly slowly still getting it greenlit but in small increments as can be seen with jungle cruise, haunted mansion and soon space mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by EpTxGuy
                                Wait until you ride the "Rock It Xmas in the Caribbean" overlay in Nov!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                  Wait until you ride the "Rock It Xmas in the Caribbean" overlay in Nov!!!
                                  That's mighty funny :lol:

Comment

Jingle *KABOOM!* Jingle *KABOOM!*... Jingle all the way, how much fun it is to ride with wenches all the way!!! Screetching rock guitar solo here while we pass the auction scene...

Comment

I noticed the talking pirate skull at the beginning was wearing a B&W bandana instead of a pink (red & white) scarf. I think that must have happened sometime at the end of April, because he was still pink at the beginning of April.

Comment

I think they should close PotC at MK - no-one rides it. Everytime I go on it, I walk straight on. It's CRAP!

But.....in it's place, a PotC simulator like Spiderman at IOA - playing two movies, a tropical island-buried treasure theme before 6pm, after 6pm a night aboard the Black Pearl. Skeletons galor.
                                        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                                        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                                        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                                        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                                        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                                        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X