Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions on auditioning as a face character.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Questions on auditioning as a face character.

    hey (:
    i'm really interested in auditioning as an atmosphere character for disneyland resort, and i had a few quesitons:

    1. do i need to bring a picture and resume with me ?

    2. what types of questions do they ask during the interview ?

    i need all the info i can get, so please help ! thanks muchh.
    Last edited by miniLYN; 10-14-2006, 09:25 PM. Reason: typo
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

    No resume is required and they'll take a picture of you themselves. I don't think you're really asked any questions except about availability which gets asked on your application. If you're in a later audition round they might start asking you stuff but that's up in the air.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

      Originally posted by almandot View Post
      No resume is required and they'll take a picture of you themselves. I don't think you're really asked any questions except about availability which gets asked on your application. If you're in a later audition round they might start asking you stuff but that's up in the air.
      thank you ! (:
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

        A current coworker of mine used to be Ariel at Disney World. I won't see her until monday so I really can't offer any sound advice, but she did tell me that she had to learn how to autograph 'Ariel' with her right hand (coworker's a lefty).

        Since she was a mermaid, she never had to move around except for on the parade float.


        Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

        Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

          Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
          A current coworker of mine used to be Ariel at Disney World. I won't see her until monday so I really can't offer any sound advice, but she did tell me that she had to learn how to autograph 'Ariel' with her right hand (coworker's a lefty).

          Since she was a mermaid, she never had to move around except for on the parade float.
          oh haha that's funny about the autograph.
          how long did she work as ariel ?
          i always wondered the limit for characters because we age.. lol.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

            Originally posted by miniLYN View Post
            oh haha that's funny about the autograph.
            how long did she work as ariel ?
            i always wondered the limit for characters because we age.. lol.

            I think she was only there for the summer because she didn't live in Florida. It was just a temporary program for her.

            Good luck on your quest and be sure to update us!


            Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

            Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

              Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
              I think she was only there for the summer because she didn't live in Florida. It was just a temporary program for her.

              Good luck on your quest and be sure to update us!
              oh i see.
              you said she was ur coworker, so u are a cm at disneyworld ?
              i'm on the disneyland side of the country.
              man i want to be a cm so bad ):

              thanks tho . i'll keep u guys posted.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

                Originally posted by miniLYN View Post
                oh i see.
                you said she was ur coworker, so u are a cm at disneyworld ?
                i'm on the disneyland side of the country.
                man i want to be a cm so bad ):

                thanks tho . i'll keep u guys posted.

                Ooh haha no no. She's a coworker with me now and neither of us are Disney CMs anymore. She was Ariel in Florida, I was a CM in Anaheim. We both work in Burbank.


                Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

                  First they just line you up and look at you. Sometimes they might ask you questions, usually not. Then they'll call off numbers of people who've made the first cut. No one I know who's auditioned has made it past the first cut, so I don't know what happens after that. Experience and personality don't come into play at all unless they like how you look.

                  Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                  "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

                    ^ Ditto to what she said. I've been to the auditions and they pretty much line you up, take your picture, line you up again, maybe ask a question, tell you to look straight forward and smile, and then call numbers for those they'd like to have move on to the next round. When I was there, they took at most 8 gals out of each group of 50. I have heard that the next steps are movement/dance tests, wig try-ons, and costume try-ons...but I've only heard that, never experienced it. Good luck!
                    MCDADMCA

                    ^clicky clicky^

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

                      Oh yeah, forgot to mention...

                      Atmosphere character auditions (a.k.a. "fuzzies", those in face-covering costumes) is really pivotal around height and body build. Before you are even asked to fill out an application, your height is measured. If you make that first cut, you will fill out paperwork and move on. Otherwise...you're herded out in small groups and told to have a "nice day." I hope you get farther in the process than I did!
                      MCDADMCA

                      ^clicky clicky^

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

                        Depending on what you're doing, you'll also get to do some fun stuff(probably won't think of it was fun while you're trying your hardest to get cast though heh) like acting while your mouth's gagged, acting while blindfolded, etc. But that's probably for costume characters moreso. I'd imagine they do costume tryouts for them as well and teach some poses to strike for them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

                          Face characters are pretty dependent on height, too. They're not going to consider me for Alice at 5'8" (even though I can do the voice better than any of the girls currently in the park, haha). Now that I think about it, I remember a girl who was being strongly considered for a princess role, until they told her that she wouldn't be able to fit into the dress, even if she lost weight. Those costumes are RIDICULOUSLY expensive, so they don't tailor them to you, you have to fit into them.

                          Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                          "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

                            Originally posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
                            First they just line you up and look at you. Sometimes they might ask you questions, usually not. Then they'll call off numbers of people who've made the first cut. No one I know who's auditioned has made it past the first cut, so I don't know what happens after that. Experience and personality don't come into play at all unless they like how you look.
                            really.
                            i was reading past threads and people were saying being able to do improvisation is more important than how u look.
                            but yeah i dont' know.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Questions on auditioning as a face character.

                              Originally posted by miniLYN View Post
                              really.
                              i was reading past threads and people were saying being able to do improvisation is more important than how u look.
                              but yeah i dont' know.
                              Maybe in later cuts improvisation may be more important, but 1st cut is 100% how you look. WDW might be more lax lookwise (something that we've kinda talked about before), but for DL, being so close to LA, you have tons upon tons of young pretty girls who want to be actresses looking for their first big break, so competition is not just tough, it's fierce.

                              This is what makes the first cut so frustrating. There is pretty much nothing at all that you can do to improve your chances of passing. All you can do is hope they physically see in you what they're looking for.

                              Also, face character auditions are only done once every few months. Last ones were on August 19th, so it's possible they may hold an audition before the holiday season again.

                              If you want to read my report from the August 19th auditions, check here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34853
                              Julie Rei

                              "Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

                              "I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X