This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Disneyland?

Hi, I don't know if any of you have noticed, but very litttle was changing with Disneyland until about 2 years ago, since then they've been and talking about changing many things. And as far as the classic things, they redid POTC and and talking about redoing Tom Sawyer's Island...

What is up with Disneyland?
    Yes
    70.97%
    No
    9.68%
    Nuetral/Undicided
    19.35%

Re: What's up with Disneyland?

I think the changes are great! DL cannot stay the same as it was 50 years ago. If it did, it would cease to be such a magical destination for families and tourists and even locals. With every new change, a huge influx of people comes just to see what's new. That is a very smart way of doing business.

Not everybody (especially us Disney geeks who are there 2 times a week) is going to like all of the changes. But I think it's great that they're making them.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
      I think the changes are great! DL cannot stay the same as it was 50 years ago. If it did, it would cease to be such a magical destination for families and tourists and even locals. With every new change, a huge influx of people comes just to see what's new. That is a very smart way of doing business.

Not everybody (especially us Disney geeks who are there 2 times a week) is going to like all of the changes. But I think it's great that they're making them.
      I can see your point, but I myself am Nuetral on the subject. Change is good, but it seems they are changing a lot at once, and the POTC ride, it was a classic and it was very popular already, so why did they change that? But, with some of the other things it makes sense, but not everthing.

Comment

I agree with Sunnygirl ---Disneyland is a theme park not a museum it needs to evolve

A love of Disney that sometimes borders on the edge of crazy ---but I'm okay with that

http://braddisneylandblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by brad chowen View Post
          I agree with Sunnygirl ---Disneyland is a theme park not a museum it needs to evolve
          To an extent, sure...but if they closed down the park and changed it to a petting zoo, with all the structures gone, that would be a change, but would it be good?

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Lover 5 View Post
            Change is good, but it seems they are changing a lot at once, and the POTC ride, it was a classic and it was very popular already, so why did they change that?
            Change occurs whether you are ready for it to happen or not. Change occurs in this world mostly without asking us our opinions first. Before you understand the nature of change, you must recognize that.

As far as POTC goes, I believe much of the changes occurred due to the astronomical popularity of the movie franchise. Also, as much as I love this ride, some of the animatronic effects were looking pretty outdated. Go take a ride and look at the Jack Sparrow animatronic and compare it to some of the others to see how truly outdated some of them look.

Comment

To an extent, sure...but if they closed down the park and changed it to a petting zoo, with all the structures gone, that would be a change, but would it be good?
              Again, see my above post. The people who make these decisions don't neccessarily need to conult with you first. If you are unhappy with the changes, don't go.

Comment

Change can be jarring sometimes, especially when it involves something or someone we love a lot. You build up these emotional attachments to things and when they are changed, it feels like losing a best friend. But you know what... it's a good thing. Because really, you aren't losing anything, simply gaining. Seriously, the new AA's in POTC really show how far the technology has come and they almost don't fit in because they are so amazing. The sound is 1000 times better now. Change is going to happen, whether we like it or not... so the most we can do is learn how to accept it and love it for what it is: somthing new to experience.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Again, see my above post. The people who make these decisions don't neccessarily need to conult with you first. If you are unhappy with the changes, don't go.

And, if they did change it to a petting zoo, I would still go, petting zoos are more fun than DL ever was before...
                  Could you honestly say that you want DL to turn into a petting zoo?

Comment

Could you honestly say that you want DL to turn into a petting zoo?
                    Yes.

A thousand times, yes.

Are you happy?

Comment

I was just with sunnygirl last weekend and all she kept saying was, "Where's the bar?" and "Why isn't this place a petting zoo yet?"

Of course she doesn't want Disneyland turned into a petting zoo. Don't be simple. All she's saying is that change is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                        Change can be jarring sometimes, especially when it involves something or someone we love a lot. You build up these emotional attachments to things and when they are changed, it feels like losing a best friend. But you know what... it's a good thing. Because really, you aren't losing anything, simply gaining. Seriously, the new AA's in POTC really show how far the technology has come and they almost don't fit in because they are so amazing. The sound is 1000 times better now. Change is going to happen, whether we like it or not... so the most we can do is learn how to accept it and love it for what it is: somthing new to experience.
                        I would rather them just replace the pirates in the ride with pirates that are identical on the outside, but have the new technology within them o do more advance things.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                          I was just with sunnygirl last weekend and all she kept saying was, "Where's the bar?" and "Why isn't this place a petting zoo yet?"

Of course she doesn't want Disneyland turned into a petting zoo. Don't be simple. All she's saying is that change is inevitable.
                          I can see what your saying, I just need top say that change can be good, and some things need to change eventualy, but if everything changed all the time and in great measures, then whatb familiarity would we ever see in the world?

Comment

I can see what your saying, I just need top say that change can be good, and some things need to change eventualy, but if everything changed all the time and in great measures, then whatb familiarity would we ever see in the world?

Umm, I hate to burst your bubble, but historically planet Earth has been rife with change. Things shift constantly. Those who cannot adapt to change are left behind, and ultimately go the way of the dinosaurs.

Everything does change all the time, and usually when it does it does so in great measures.

Comment

Umm, I hate to burst your bubble, but historically planet Earth has been rife with change. Things shift constantly. Those who cannot adapt to change are left behind, and ultimately go the way of the dinosaurs.

Everything does change all the time, and usually when it does it does so in great measures.
                              So...it's not like everything thing that's ever existed changes a great amount every few seconds...

Comment

So...it's not like everything thing that's ever existed changes a great amount every few seconds...
                                Not to be overly argumentative with you, but Disneyland doesn't change every few seconds either.....

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                                  Not to be overly argumentative with you, but Disneyland doesn't change every few seconds either.....
                                  i know...I wasn't saying that...I was just using that as an example...

Comment

no further replies?

Comment

Neutral...EU, not ue.
                                      Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                                      FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                                      I bring the magic!!!
                                      "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                                      Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                                      Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Change isn't always good...thoughts?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X