This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I saw Disney Vault I expected...

A bunch of stuff like Disney Treasures, old memerobelia, and like collectibles instead of what they currently had. What did you expect?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: When I saw Disney Vault I expected...

Merchandise and from what I hear, my expectations have been reached.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
      A bunch of stuff like Disney Treasures, old memerobelia, and like collectibles instead of what they currently had. What did you expect?

Just based on the name of the store I was expecting the same things you were. Boy were we off!
      The Armenian Genocide

Comment

My partner even commented that maybe they would have the older Disney DVDs/VHS movies that went into the "vault." I mean wouldn't that be a good marketing idea? Have the "vaulted" movies be only available at that store after they go away from the general stores like Target, Suncoast, etc.? It would make people go to DTD to get the movies they love. They'd get MASSIVE sales from that!

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
          My partner even commented that maybe they would have the older Disney DVDs/VHS movies that went into the "vault." I mean wouldn't that be a good marketing idea? Have the "vaulted" movies be only available at that store after they go away from the general stores like Target, Suncoast, etc.? It would make people go to DTD to get the movies they love. They'd get MASSIVE sales from that!

...Joe...
          I wouldn't be opposed to this in general principle, if they made those titles also available online or via catalog. In fact, they could release some titles that they're not sure would be successful major DVD releases in the general market. Maybe something a little akin to a DVD version of the now-defunct Wonderland Music Store's burn-by-request CDs (which Disney is closing because they'll be putting all those classic albums on iTunes, supposedly). I don't know, they may do something stupid, like choose to put those movies on iTunes as well. Which won't go over well if they did decide to do it, but would be consistent with current boneheaded corporate decisions that will be remembered in future years as "the age when some faceless suit at Disney decided to do something really stupid that wasted everybody's time."

Comment

I expected to see everything Disney in that store. Boy, was I wrong. The belts would have been really cute had they had the Disney characters on the belt buckles and even on the belts themselves. Most of the stuff I saw in that store was like the normal merchandise found on Melrose. Disappointing.

Happiest Memories on Earth!

Comment

What a shame.
              Catering to Rodeo Drive shoppers who can shop on Rodeo Drive.
              Disney fans would cough up the same kinds of cash for real memorabilia, and real "Vault like" Disney treasures.
              Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Well a big thank you to everyone and all the threads about this store, you just saved me time by letting me know to not even stop by.
                Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Same here.

I was hoping to see a "one of kind" style store, similar to a WDW MGM Studio store that I visited aroun 1992-93... Can't remember the name of the store...but I remember the store having lobby cards, and more obscure merchandise. I bought a couple of folded reprints of Mickey Mouse posters.. Wild Waves and Shanghied and a Winnie the Pooh lobby card set that I have yet to frame.

IMHO.. I am ok with the couture line they are trying to market but I think they missed the mark on the naming of this store. For me, the word "VAULT" refers to something of value such as of course money or a collectable or rarity... not a $65 dollar t-shirt or pair of sunglasses.

DLR could make a killing if they opened a true "VAULT" store with merchandise and items that they pulled from backstage. I know they have in the past for special auctions and Disneyana...but a lot of guests visiting locally and from out of state or out of the country IMHO would make impulse buys with items from the past... eg; Parking Signs from the old lot, ride vehicles, posters, odds and ends rather than make people hunt around Ebay for items that pop up mysteriously.

Comment

How much of a surprise could this have been. There wasn't too much deception planned or displayed on Disney's part with regards to this retail outlet's merchandise or theming, the following ran on their website for months (with the now open just added)
                    Disney Vault 28 - NOW OPEN

Now Open!
                    Disney Vault 28 - Where hip trends collide with Disney couture
                    Replete with hip, funky, sexy, comfy clothes this contemporary style boutique - paired with an upscale "Disney" creative edge - a place where unexpected finds in apparel, jewelry and accessories is synony'mouse' with today's latest styles. Disney Vault 28 has an urban eccentric feel that captures the fashion, art, and music that reflects a southern california lifestyle.

Disney Vault 28 will offer an ever-changing mix of clothes and accessories for both men and women as well as a select range of gifts and home accessory items, not to mention our own Disney apparel which has been given an unexpected twist. Disney Vault 28 will have a menu of items on their list this Fall, so be sure to frequent this A-List only hot spot for the latest styles, traveling trunk shows and special events.

Be sure to stop by this hip new location in the Downtown Disney

For more information, please visit www.DisneyVault28.com
                    Information subject to change without notice. Separate admission is required to enter Disneyland
                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I expected more than just another "Build-a-Whore" I thought there would be rare Disney collectables, Posters, and other things that you would otherwise find in the Disneyana store on Main Street.

I suppose another Disney Collectables store WOULD be overkill, but could they have at least stocked the store with merchandise that was, well, more tastefull?
                      "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                      Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb View Post
                        I expected more than just another "Build-a-Whore" I thought there would be rare Disney collectables, Posters, and other things that you would otherwise find in the Disneyana store on Main Street.

I suppose another Disney Collectables store WOULD be overkill, but could they have at least stocked the store with merchandise that was, well, more tastefull?

From what I've seen so far, the merchandise looks really nice. I think the potential problems that are being highlighted above have more to do with a lack of affordable options and a lack of product diversity. A few up scale collectibles along with those expensive Disney jeans might just lure in a few more sales.
                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                        Save

Comment

As a plus sized woman (or BBW) I have no desire to go into that store, where a size 10 is considered "large." I also don't do well with what I have heard about their lack of customer service.

Comment

The store is complete trash. I was expecting high end merchandise, not 'trendy' runway junk.

Comment

Just another store at DTD that has stuff that I cant afford.
                              "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I agree that I also expected something totally different from this store. Reading about the reviews of the store from various reports via MiceChat is a little bit of a let down...

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post

Now Open!
                                Disney Vault 28 - Where hip trends collide with Disney couture
                                Replete with hip, funky, sexy, comfy clothes this contemporary style boutique - paired with an upscale "Disney" creative edge -

Is it me or should "Sexy" and "Disney" not be in the same sentence?

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Comment

Something more, something better, than a Hot Topic clothes section rip off.
                                  We were LAUGHING about the prices of stuff in there yesterday. $175.00 for a 3" wide Belt with a Disney buckle. Black Flip Flops with a few rhinestones glued on at the center point of the strap for $60.00 a cheap rubber pair. Shirts you could get cheaper (or at least very darned good facsimiles thereof) at World of Disney or in the park itself.
                                  That goshawful Tatiana Tarantino jewlery you can get cheaper online. Who ever buys the products for that shop should be fired, TODAY.

It was shameless, sad and made me think Eisner/Pressler and that Harriss woman were back in control for a few minutes.

Of course, your tastes and mileage may vary
                                  Last edited by Uzmati; 10-16-2006, 02:00 PM.
                                  IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post

...Joe...

Same here. That's what I expected!
                                    sigpic
                                    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Comment

I was VERY disappointed. I was hoping for unique, vintage, classic Disney "treasures", if you will. Instead I found some chonies with a sketch of Snow White on them for $42 (or was it $46?). And it was just a thong! Imagine how much the full-butt ones would cost with all that extra fabric! (I will issue a disclaimer, though - they were beautiful, for what they were, and if anyone would like to buy me a pair, I won't complain... )

Comment

I expected German Disney memorabilia.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X