This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourdough and you! (Merged)

So who else thinks that it was a genius idea to have Rosie O'Donnell and Colin Mockery as spokespeople for sourdough bread? I think it was the best idea that Disney has ever come up with! NOT haha. but really...who thinks these 2 either make the "attraction" cool or ruin it for everyone...even that guy with the fanny pack that stands up agains the wall watching them make bread?

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Re: Sourdough and you!

I know I think it does...I think Rosie is horrible for being spokesperson for anything....now don't even get me started on Colin Mockery...he is not bad......so He is pretty funny.....but bread...he has better things he could have done

Comment

Yay for Colin..Nay for Rosie
      ------Colin is hilarious in "Whose Line is it Anyways?"

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

Sourdough and you!

So who else thinks that it was a genius idea to have Rosie O'Donnell and Colin Mockery as spokespeople for sourdough bread? I think it was the best idea that Disney has ever come up with! NOT haha. but really...who thinks these 2 either make the "attraction" cool or ruin it for everyone...even that guy with the fanny pack that stands up agains the wall watching them make bread?

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic

Comment

I don't care for Rosie O'Donnell, but that's just a personal opinion. Her presence in the bakery doesn't enhance nor hurt my experience. I like Colin a lot! He's one of my favorites on "Who's Line..."

As an actor, I just wish it was me instead!
          "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
          -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Yay for Colin...Nay for Rosie
            --------Colin is hilarious on "Whose Line is it Anyways"

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Comment

There seems to be two threads on this subject. My reply is on the other one.
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

Comment

YES! im sorry for the double thread everyone out there in micechat-land! Hopefully a helpful moderator or someone can merge the two? THANKS! COMCASTIC MY BUTT! (internet was too slow and it caused me to post 2 threads)

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic

Comment

It's OK. However, you are now required to recite 12 "Hail Goofys" and 5 "Our Uncle Walts"

(...and mail me a cashier's check for $76.50)

Comment

I enjoy this attraction- I'm a fan of Colin and of sourdough bread. While it's kinda cheap and very cheasy, it is at least an attempt to make what is otherwise the "stare at some bakers through glass" attraction fun and informative.

BTW, you can view (and download) my video of this attraction here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...in+bakery+tour

Comment

Re: Sourdough and you! (Merged)

I've always been fascinated by commercial production machinery. The bakery is a fun place... OK, not that fun... OK kind of interesting. Also the Tortillaria... occasionally.

Comment

I stumbled upon this bakery last time in DCA and thought the whole thing was clever. Good idea there for the both of them!

Comment

Yay for Colin !!!
                          Gawrsh !!

Comment

I love sourdough - my grandpa has the best! A CM at the River Belle Terrace told me that the starter they use for their bread is the same that they used on opening day! (Kevin Yee is trying to confirm this).

And I don't mind Rosie and Colin (thanks for the video). As long as she's not being super Lesbian lady, she's not too bad. It would have been funnier with Ryan Stiles and Colin though.

Do you get bread at the end of the tour?
                            Last edited by BFJen; 10-16-2006, 09:20 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                              I love sourdough - my grandpa has the best! A CM at the River Belle Terrace told me that the starter they use for their bread is the same that they used on opening day! (Kevin Yee is trying to confirm this).

And I don't mind Rosie and Colin (thanks for the video). As long as she's not being super Lesbian lady, she's not too bad. It would have been funnier with Ryan Stiles and Colin though.

Do you get bread at the end of the tour?
                              Well, tradition re: sourdough is that you use half of the starter & add
                              more water & flour so that it can replenish. And that these bakeries
                              use the same starter that they started with (for example, I believe
                              the Boudin Bakery in SF claims that it's still the same starter since they
                              opened... I think it's over 150 years old)

I also heard a report that they imported the SF starter to DCA. Could
                              you have Kevin confirm that as well? (That is traditional as well).

I love Boudin's sourdough so that completely clouds my judgement
                              of the show!

Comment

I like the Mission Tortilla tour better than the Sourdough tour, although I'm not sure why... maybe it's the little video boxes - bring those to Sourdough city!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                                  I like the Mission Tortilla tour better than the Sourdough tour, although I'm not sure why... maybe it's the little video boxes - bring those to Sourdough city!
                                  Maseca!!!! I really think the video at the Tortilla factory is much better than the one at the sourdough factory.

My best score ever!

Comment

Overall, it's a superior food manufacturing and processing experience. Everything, from the handpainted room sized mural at the beginning, ot the cute kids and the dog saying "Maseca", through the history and process, is superior.

It's a shame, because the biology, history, and slow manufacture of the perfect sourdough loaf is a great story waiting to be told (and not through corny jokes told by stale TV comedians that don't hold up well on repeated viewings.

I think having Richard Dawkins expound on the theory in his 1975 book that we're all being manipulated into slaving away through our (human) hard work to protect and grow our yeast masters, and that the rise of yeast products, such as bread, beer, wine, champagne, etc., shows how successful we are as slaves to the yeast bacteria, which doesn't grow nearly as well in the wild without our help. )

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
                                    Maseca!!!! I really think the video at the Tortilla factory is much better than the one at the sourdough factory.

Comment

You know what I find astonishing? That there were multiple threads on this topic to be merged...just the fact that more than one person had this on thier mind...well...boggles my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                                        You know what I find astonishing? That there were multiple threads on this topic to be merged...just the fact that more than one person had this on thier mind...well...boggles my mind.
                                        what happened was that aaronpaulcustoms's internet connection was messing up and also was very slow at the time so when he clicked the button once.. it wouldn't load..so he did it mutliple times until it worked. Thankfully, soon after the two threads were merged. There you go. It's all his idea.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X