• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobotMirror
    replied
    Re: Sourdough and you! (Merged)

Originally posted by Espacie Montana View Post
    I don't care about Rosie, but I like Colin. But who cares, you get free bread, the only thing in the park that is free.
    Except the tortillas.

Leave a comment:

• Espacie Montana
    replied

I don't care about Rosie, but I like Colin. But who cares, you get free bread, the only thing in the park that is free.

Leave a comment:

• PragmaticIdealist
    replied

I like the idea of having the tour conducted using video screens on the other side of the glass. Disney's used that technique before, and it works really well. However, it might be nicer if the presentation had a slightly faster pace.

I actually think Colin Mochrie and Rosie O'Donnell have a good chemistry with each other. All of their riffing seems natural and reasonably charming. But, what either of them have to do with sourdough bread is another question.

I don't understand how some people can say that they dislike or hate other people. Colin Mochrie and Rosie O'Donnell are both funny comedians, and all of their performances that I've seen are fairly entertaining.

Jeremy Irons' performance in "Seasons of the Vine" is solid. Whoopi Goldberg's portrayal of the goddess Califia in "Golden Dreams" is quite good. And, generally-speaking, the other film, video, and voice-over performers Disney selected for D.C.A. did well.

They're one aspect of the park for which I really don't have much criticism.

Leave a comment:

• DiSnEyFrEaK21
    replied

yay for the the dude...no not rosie the other dude.:lol: I usually just go in there for a snack.

Leave a comment:

• Shoppingbear
    replied

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
    ...Well, all of my dreams except the one about the redhead and the dipping sauce.
    :lmao:

Back on topic: I actually wheedled Tool into stopping and going through it when we were at DCA Sunday night (though he almost sprinted for the exit when he saw Rosie on the screen :lol: ). I thought it was interesting, even though it would have been more so if we'd done it earlier, while they were still baking bread... not so interesting when all you have is a couple of guys washing the machines.

Leave a comment:

• Loomis
    replied

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    Yes the word bakery is alot of fun to say...as for misspelling the colin's name...im sorry. I Always hear Drew Carey say it and i never have time to watch the credits of Whos line. Has anyone caught Colin's recent fig newton commercialls? where hes dressed like a fairy? haha! funny! BAKERY!
    It's an easy mistake, as he is often involved in much mockery.

In all honesty, I didn't know either, but I happened to look him up after reading this thread.

While I'm here....BAKERY!

Leave a comment:

• aaronpaulcustoms
    replied

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
    I'm just a fan of bakeries. I even love the word "bakery".

If someone as funny as Colin Mochrie is involved in it, then all of my dreams have come true in some sort of baker's delight.

Well, all of my dreams except the one about the redhead and the dipping sauce.

Yes the word bakery is alot of fun to say...as for misspelling the colin's name...im sorry. I Always hear Drew Carey say it and i never have time to watch the credits of Whos line. Has anyone caught Colin's recent fig newton commercialls? where hes dressed like a fairy? haha! funny! BAKERY!

Leave a comment:

• Loomis
    replied

I'm just a fan of bakeries. I even love the word "bakery".

If someone as funny as Colin Mochrie is involved in it, then all of my dreams have come true in some sort of baker's delight.

Well, all of my dreams except the one about the redhead and the dipping sauce.

Leave a comment:

• SplashMoun10
    replied

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
    You know what I find astonishing? That there were multiple threads on this topic to be merged...just the fact that more than one person had this on thier mind...well...boggles my mind.
    what happened was that aaronpaulcustoms's internet connection was messing up and also was very slow at the time so when he clicked the button once.. it wouldn't load..so he did it mutliple times until it worked. Thankfully, soon after the two threads were merged. There you go. It's all his idea.

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

You know what I find astonishing? That there were multiple threads on this topic to be merged...just the fact that more than one person had this on thier mind...well...boggles my mind.

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

Overall, it's a superior food manufacturing and processing experience. Everything, from the handpainted room sized mural at the beginning, ot the cute kids and the dog saying "Maseca", through the history and process, is superior.

It's a shame, because the biology, history, and slow manufacture of the perfect sourdough loaf is a great story waiting to be told (and not through corny jokes told by stale TV comedians that don't hold up well on repeated viewings.

I think having Richard Dawkins expound on the theory in his 1975 book that we're all being manipulated into slaving away through our (human) hard work to protect and grow our yeast masters, and that the rise of yeast products, such as bread, beer, wine, champagne, etc., shows how successful we are as slaves to the yeast bacteria, which doesn't grow nearly as well in the wild without our help. )

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
    Maseca!!!! I really think the video at the Tortilla factory is much better than the one at the sourdough factory.

Leave a comment:

• duckiedianne
    replied

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
    I like the Mission Tortilla tour better than the Sourdough tour, although I'm not sure why... maybe it's the little video boxes - bring those to Sourdough city!
    Maseca!!!! I really think the video at the Tortilla factory is much better than the one at the sourdough factory.

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

I like the Mission Tortilla tour better than the Sourdough tour, although I'm not sure why... maybe it's the little video boxes - bring those to Sourdough city!

Leave a comment:

• nish221
    replied

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
    I love sourdough - my grandpa has the best! A CM at the River Belle Terrace told me that the starter they use for their bread is the same that they used on opening day! (Kevin Yee is trying to confirm this).

And I don't mind Rosie and Colin (thanks for the video). As long as she's not being super Lesbian lady, she's not too bad. It would have been funnier with Ryan Stiles and Colin though.

Do you get bread at the end of the tour?
    Well, tradition re: sourdough is that you use half of the starter & add
    more water & flour so that it can replenish. And that these bakeries
    use the same starter that they started with (for example, I believe
    the Boudin Bakery in SF claims that it's still the same starter since they
    opened... I think it's over 150 years old)

I also heard a report that they imported the SF starter to DCA. Could
    you have Kevin confirm that as well? (That is traditional as well).

I love Boudin's sourdough so that completely clouds my judgement
    of the show!

Leave a comment:

• BFJen
    replied

I love sourdough - my grandpa has the best! A CM at the River Belle Terrace told me that the starter they use for their bread is the same that they used on opening day! (Kevin Yee is trying to confirm this).

And I don't mind Rosie and Colin (thanks for the video). As long as she's not being super Lesbian lady, she's not too bad. It would have been funnier with Ryan Stiles and Colin though.

Do you get bread at the end of the tour?
    Last edited by BFJen; 10-16-2006, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ghoofie
    replied

Yay for Colin !!!

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

I stumbled upon this bakery last time in DCA and thought the whole thing was clever. Good idea there for the both of them!

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied

I've always been fascinated by commercial production machinery. The bakery is a fun place... OK, not that fun... OK kind of interesting. Also the Tortillaria... occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• Club 33
    replied
    Re: Sourdough and you!

I enjoy this attraction- I'm a fan of Colin and of sourdough bread. While it's kinda cheap and very cheasy, it is at least an attempt to make what is otherwise the "stare at some bakers through glass" attraction fun and informative.

BTW, you can view (and download) my video of this attraction here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...in+bakery+tour

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    Re: Sourdough and you!

It's OK. However, you are now required to recite 12 "Hail Goofys" and 5 "Our Uncle Walts"

(...and mail me a cashier's check for $76.50)

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X