This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowds this Past Week

I know that the weekend of the 7th-9th was the CHOC Walk/Gay Days/Columbus Day. But why in the world was it so crowded the following week/weekend?

Seems that no matter when I go there are always enormous crowds.

R.I.P. Off Season at Disneyland.

Re: Crowds this Past Week

Answer: Halloweentime.

Though it's only decorations, the extra marketing of something new is pulling people in by the hundreds and thousands.

And everyone who was waiting through the summer to come during the off season are now setting attendance records too.

R.I.P. off season for sure.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
      Answer: Halloweentime.

Though it's only decorations, the extra marketing of something new is pulling people in by the hundreds and thousands.

And everyone who was waiting through the summer to come during the off season are now setting attendance records too.

R.I.P. off season for sure.
      Interesting. I was thinking: 'Heck, a Wednesday in the middle of October...the park will be near empty.'

Yeah....wrong.

Comment

Oh man! I was planning a trip for November 8th, I know the Halloween stuff will be down by then ... and I hope the crowds too!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch74 View Post
          Oh man! I was planning a trip for November 8th, I know the Halloween stuff will be down by then ... and I hope the crowds too!

Well, maybe, but with the Holiday season approaching (and another ad promotion), I doubt it...

We can just hope for the best!

(And for the life of me, I just can't figure out why my Disney stock isn't going up like the crowds are???) hehe

Enjoy!

Comment

I was at the park sunday night and it was packed!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
            MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Also note that many schools are on year-round.

And yes, new decorations will bring the "occasional" APer (not to be confused with the once-a-weeker) around more frequently. I mean, the TV ads show a giant Mickey O'Lantern. Gotta go see that!

There hasn't been much of an off-season for about 10 years now.

Comment

It was actually, IMHO, LESS crowded CHOC/Gay Days weekend than it was yesterday. I dont know what the deal was but it was NUTS! Maybe more APers??? I dont know what the SoCal pass blockout days were but maybe they were blocked last weekend and not this past weekend.

Comment

I was there 10/13/06 for the night just to get a few rides in with my gf and friend that was already there. Showed up and was "Is it oct. or summer?" the mainstreet was full of people and it took me 15 mins to make it though to frontierland. Grouped up and headed for splash, but then the rain kicked in and right as we got to the loading section they stopped the ride for lighting waited 15 mins more and no lighitng at all didn't open the ride then as soon as my group crossed the small single line bridge the reopened the ride and didn't let us back in line. I was upset cause even the CM saw us there for 5 mins and talked to us. He didn't even tell us that the ride was reopening and he was the one that annouced it right as I put my foot on the first step of the bridge. In all I only got to ride Pirates and was just glad to get out of the crowded park. I hope it's not that bad for 11/2-11/5. I remember the park being dead this time of year but with advertisment and smart theming the park is drawing summer crowds even on the off seasson. The only break I see that the park is getting is the time between 10/31 to 11/10 i think oct decor is takendown and christmas is then setup. I think the banner leaving the park said 11/10 was to begin the holiday session decor.

R.I.P Offseason for sure sure. I really miss having walk on lines.

Please visit and like my Photography page on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/JalejandroPhotography

Comment

Damn I was going this week in hopes of finding light crowds but the annual pass people are screwing things up.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                      Damn I was going this week in hopes of finding light crowds but the annual pass people are screwing things up.
                      Oh, Oh! Not again!
                      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

This is making me kinda worried cause I was thinking of going soon.
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                          Well, it's more the program than the peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                            Oh, Oh! Not again!

Comment

I was just there again this morning, Monday October 16 and HOLY GEEBUS it did not seem like any kind of "off" season whatsoever. Not quite as bad as the Choc Walk/Gay Day weekend, but the lines for the parking structure were out the building (with all but two lanes open!). Lines at 10:30 am to get into DL were WAY past the planters.

The line for HMH was listed as 13 minutes, but it went out the gates with 1/2 of the switchbacks full. Still, it did NOT seem like an off-season Monday.
                              I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                              sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X